Can't Break Down

*Samantha's POV*

" NO DON'T LEAVE ME! I NEED YOU MORE THEN ANYTHING."

I jolt out of bed sweating and panting.

My clothes are soaked and tears are running freely down my face because of my recent dream.

How could it be two years since the tragedy and I'm still getting nightmares?

I can't stop crying.

The tears just won't stop.

So I do the one thing I know will make me feel better.

I call Sloane.

After three rings, she doesn't pick up.

I sit in my bed feeling confused and alone.

Why didn't she pick up.

I look over at my night table and it reads 2am.

The realization kicks in and I feel alone once again.

There is nothing that I can do except get up and start walking around.

Pacing usually makes me feel better.

I slip on my slippers and an oversized sweat shirt and I walk out my door.

I head into the kitchen and I see someone sitting at the counter hunched over with a can of beer in front of him.

Just by the wide frame and the flowing brown hair I know it is Aaron.

I quietly approach him, taking a seat next to him.

He doesn't acknowledge me, just stares right into space.

" Can't sleep?" I ask quietly while rubbing my temples.

" Why were you crying?" He asks with no emotion, he just keeps starring into space.

" What I wasn-."

I am cut off when a hand starts to rub my back in up and down motions.

" It's okay Cupcake, you don't need to explain. But when you're ready to talk about it, just know I'm right here." He assures me.

" Thanks Aaron." I smile and placed my hand on his that is resting on the counter.

" Why are you up at this time of night?"

" The same problem as you." He replies.

" And what would that be?" I ask curiously.

I guess he thinks that he knows more about what had been happening to me then I let him.

" A haunting past. A past that you just keep trying to run from. But no matter how hard you try to erase the memories, they don't go away. It's like they have been permanently written in a stone block inside your head." He sighs and puts his hand on top of mine instead of the other way around.

He tightens his grip like his life depends on it.

But it starts  to cut off circulation to my fingertips.

Now I am extremely bad in situations like this, where a person who is in emotional and mental pain is physically hurting me but don't realize or mean to.

I usually try to ignore the pain but he is so strong it feels like my fingers are now going numb.

" Um Aaron."

His gaze shifts over to mine and he become aware of what he is doing to me from what I'm looking at.

" Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry Cupcake, I didn't mean to. I wasn't thinking, please forgive me."