Chapter 1

My name is Hope Nika Mikaelson and I'm the daughter of Niklaus Mikaelson. Maybe you heard of him. Maybe you haven't. If not let me enlighten you. Niklaus Mikaelson one of the original vampires. The first ever hybrid. Many people fear him. He's ruthless, Fearless, Cruel, Conniving, and some would say a d*ck. You might seem surprised what I'm about to say but he's loving, caring, gentle and the best dad. When it comes to me he will do anything to keep me safe and happy. It has it's ups and downs for being the daughter of the King of New Orleans. Such as when I do get my way my dad adds a lot of safety precautions to it. For example if i want to go outside the courtier, i have to have body guards. No talking to boys cause if I do my dad will rip their hearts out. It happened once when I was little, I learned my lesson. If i even want to go outside my room i still have body guards near me. They try to hide but I can still sense them.

My mother Hayley, a hybrid also. She turned into hybrid the night she had me. That's all i know, my family won't tell me the rest of the story the night i was born, I guess it's to painful to relive. A big factor in my life is my mom doesn't want me around my dad. She thinks he's a bad influence on me. She wants me to call Jackson my dad but i can't. I love him but like an uncle. My mom ignores that I'm half vampire and part witch. She accepts that I'm part wolf. I just think she's scared that i will end up like my dad. She just doesn't know him like i do. I guess it's a father and daughter thing.

My uncle Elijah is the best. He spoils me rotten. He treats me like I'm a princess. I can trust him with any issue. I can go to him if i ever need something. He will always drop what he's doing just to talk to me or help me out. But don't forget that he has his protective side. Just like my dad he doesn't approve of me being around guys. Never get the both of them mad together. Hell will break loose.

My aunt Rebekah is my best friend. She helps me get my dad and Elijah to loosen up their grips. She helps me on fashion advice. She's always there for me. Except when she leaves town randomly. She's lucky. I only ever been from the Bayou to the Courtier.

There's Marcellus aka Marcel. He's my big brother. The best ever. When dad's not looking Marcel takes me out on adventures. I get to hangout at his vampire club. He's got my back and i got his. The only thing is he's also very protective. I don't blame them. They all have enemies that will try to kill me. But what mom and dad don't know is Marcel trained me to fight. I was going to learn sooner or later. I just didn't choose later.

And now that you know my twisted family. Let me enlighten you on the current situation. I ran away from the Bayou. My mom wants me to stay there forever with her and Jackson and the pack. I love them all but i just don't feel at home. I live there on the week days and live in the Courtier with my dad on weekends. I never fought how they arranged where i live. But something is telling me I'm more safe with my dad. I told my mom i want to live with my dad now, of course she said no. This pressed on for two days. So i took matters in my own hands and left. She can't control me anymore I'm not a little kid. I'm seventeen, i can make my own decisions. Everyone will be surprised when i walk through those doors. It's a Wednesday and they visit me in the Bayou but it's my turn to visit them. Well not visit but move in.

With my duffle bag on my shoulder i take a deep breath and walk through the gate. There's not a soul in sight. As i stare at the balcony for a few seconds my dad appears. A little known fact is my dad can sense me when I'm near him. He can sense when I'm scared, sad, lost, and confused. Again it must be a father and daughter thing.

"Daddy!" I yell happily. I use my vampire speed to jump in his arms. He catches me without ease. He sets me down gently.

"Sweetheart for what is the surprise for your arrival." He says then checks to see if i have any injuries then looks behind me searching for my mom. I roll my eye's then lean on the balcony.