Chapter 11

It's been exactly one month since I haven't been home. One month since i haven't seen my family. One month with Damon helping me forget about all my problems in the world. Damon the guy who is gentle and funny. Who always knows the right things to say to make me happy. His smile can just make me happy but he doesn't know that. Even when Damon has his heartless moments i don't fear him. I see the good in every monster.

My dad hasn't contacted me in a week. Damon said things are very complicated back home. My dad doesn't want to risk it by calling me. I understand because Damon says my dad knows what he's doing. For my protection of course. As for my mom, she sends me small gifts and notes about how much she misses me. Still no word from Rebekah or Elijah. I'm angry with them for ignoring my existence.

Anyways back to the current situation. I was sitting on the couch drinking a blood bag when Caroline deciding she wanted a round two. But she didn't get close enough to even touch me cause Damon had her by the throat. Stefan had to pull Damon away giving Caroline access to me. I still haven't moved from my spot. Caroline jumps at me but yet again she doesn't get to touch me. She's being pushed onto the wall gasping for air. And who you might ask is choking her. My very own uncle Elijah.

"Surely you must know who's daughter she is. If i ever hear or see you trying to harm my niece again. I won't hesitate to kill you. Do i make myself clear?" Elijah says using his professional voice. I roll my eye's. If he thinks he can just show up like this without ever contacting and expects me not to be mad. He has another thing coming. Caroline nods her head then he drops her.

"I suggest you leave. And never come around Hope again" He says fixing his suit. Caroline doesn't hesitate leaving in a rush.

"Elijah" Stefan says with nodding his head.

"Stefan it's been very long my old friend" Elijah says then looks at me. He smiles but i look away. Ignoring his existence. "Stefan. Damon do mind giving me some time alone with my niece." Elijah says looking between the boys.

"Not at all" Stefan says then starts walking away. I look at Damon and give him a light smile before he exits the room too. Elijah sits on the couch next to me.

"Hope. I know your angry with me." He says softly. Of course I'm angry with you. I still don't bother to look at him. He goes to touch my arm and i jump up.

"You don't have the right to talk to me. You can't just show up like everything is fine. Well It's not. Do you know how hard it is to move away and not have any of your family contact you. Besides a call once a week from dad and mom. Just go home and leave me alone" I say then run out of the room. Out of the house. I run to the place Damon and I always go. His secret place. And of course like i thought Damon is here. Sitting on a rock. I sit next to him and barry my head in my lap.

"I'm tired of hiding. I'm tired of people trying to kill me. I don't even know if it's possible but i want to live." I whisper. I lift my head on my knees and wipe my tears. Damon touches my cheek and turns my face to look at him.

"I won't let anyone hurt you Hope." Damon says softly. Hearing him say this i know he's not lying.

"I know" I say with a smile. He wipes a tear away. And for a second i think he's going to kiss me. But his jaw clinches shut, he drops his hand then disappears. Was Damon about to kiss me? Was i going to let him? I wanted it. It's just a crush it'll go away.

A couple of hours later to clear my head i go back home and Elijah is waiting for me on the porch. He has a long black box with a red bow in his hands.

"I know your mad with me Hope. I will explain if you put this on and meet me in the backyard." Elijah says. I take the box and head to my room. When i get to my bed i sit down and open the box. It's a while long sleeve knee high flowy dress. There's another small box next to the dress. I open it and it's a blue thumb nail moon charm. I smile to myself and put it next to the motorcycle charm Damon gave me. I put the white dress on with my white flats. My hair is in it's natural blonde waves with natural make-up. I smile at my reflection then walk downstairs. I hear music and people laughing coming from the back. When i get to the back door i can see the backyard is lit up with lights. With red roses around the lights that hang above peoples head's. When i step out everyone stares at me.

"Happy Late Birthday" They all cheer. My smile grows. One person steps forward. Looking as handsome as the devil. My dad.

"Happy late Birthday baby wolf" He says with a huge smile. I run into his arms. Good think i went with natural make-up cause the tears are just falling. When we pull away my mom pulls me into a bone crushing hug. It's followed by hugs of Jackson, Marcel, Cami, Rebekah and Elijah. I go back to hugging my dad because i feel safer as i ever been in my entire life.

"Look who's back in town" A deep voice says. Are you kidding me. We all turn to look at the back door and see Tyler standing there with his fist clinched shut. Anger shoots through me. Why do good moments like these always get ruined.

"I'm tired of people bursting into my happy family moments" I say angrily. My hand shoots up and my index finger twitches snapping Tyler's neck. My dad smiles at me with proud in his eye's. He claps.

"Well done Hope. I couldn't have down it better." He says. My mom claps as well. I just shrug.

"This is a birthday party we sure will remember" Cami says. I giggle at her statement. My dad takes my hand.

"Care to dance baby wolf" I giggle and nod my head. People join us as we take a slow dance. I rest my head on dad's chest.

"For a second i thought you forgot about me" I whisper. My dad lifts up my face to look at him.

"I could never forget about you Hope. You are my life" He says then kisses me on my forehead. We finish then dad goes to dance with Cami. I take turns dances with Elijah, Jackson, and Marcel before i decide to sit down. I look around and everyone looks so happy. Mom is laughing with Elijah and Jackson. Dad and Rebekah are smiling widely. Marcel and Cami looks like their having the time of their life. This is all i ever wanted but I'm worried about one more person's happiness. Damon. I haven't seen him. A figure steps in front of me blocking my view of dad smiling. I look up and it's Damon.

"Will you join me for a dance Ms. Mikaelson." I take his hand.

"I thought you'll never ask Mr. Salvatore." He laughs then leads me to the dance floor. I can feel some eye's on us but i ignore them. A slow song starts and Damon twirls me. We both laugh and get back into the rhythm of the song. From the corner of my eye i can see Mom smiling at me. And next to her is dad. He has a expression i can't figure out. He has his arm wrapped around Cami who looks happy. Damon and i finish the dance laughing and smiling. Dad follows Damon to the bar. I walk to mom and she gives me a thumbs up. I shake my head and laugh. I watch as my dad just smiles at Damon. I only focus on dad's lips ignoring the conversation in front of me.

"Thank you Damon. For protecting daughter. Her staying here will have to extend. And i trust you'll look after her." My dad says.

"I don't mind. She's great company besides my boring brother" Damon says. I smile. My dad looks my way so i act like I'm removing something from my dress.

"Yes i see. You two have gotten very close over this passing month" My dad says. I look up and smile. He smiles then starts walking towards me. Damon finishes his drink then disappears. As my dad stops in front of me a growl escapes my lips. My dad looks at me confused. This bitch doesn't get the hint.

"Klaus"