Chapter 42

"I can't see a thing. Stupid human eyes." I say as I have one hand gripped onto Rebekah's arm and the other in front of me so I don't crash into anything. Rebekah laughs.

"Don't worry Nika your in safe hands." Rebekah's says as she leads the way.

"I love you Rebekah. Your honestly one of the best Aunts." I say then wipe a tear that was sliding down my cheek. Rebekah hugs me once again but this hug is soft and warm.

"I love you to Nika. Now come on I'm not the only one that loves you." She says and starts pulling me along. Finally I see a light at the end of the hall and I can hear people talking. As I come closer to the light that shines the hall, all I can think about are the faces I love so much. We get closer and now I'm in the light. We turn the corner and I step into a huge living room. It's bright here and warm. There's a huge book case that surrounds the fireplace and a dark wooden spiral staircase that leads upstairs. Obviously. When I bring my eyes down everyone is staring at me. Elijah is the closet so I run to him first. But I forgot I don't have vampire speed so I stop.

"Stupid human legs." I say making some people laugh. With Elijah's vampire speed he's right in front of me. I don't hesitate on wrapping my arms around him. I never realized how much I missed his classy but masculine cologne.

"I missed you so much. I missed you all so much." I say lightly as he still hugs me tightly but not to tight. We pull away and I see his red glossy eyes.

"I missed you as well Hope. Your just more fragile now." He says with a small laugh. Dad is next to me and I give him another hug. When I turn around I see Thomas, Cecilia, and Wesley. Cecilia lets out a cry and crushes me in a hug. But this time I feel no anger or hate towards her so I hug back. Then Thomas and Wesley join the hug.

"Guys I literally can't breathe." I choke out making them jump back. Dad is yet again righty next to me.

"I'm fine." I say with a smile.

"CAMI." I shout as I rush to her and hug her. She cries as she squeezes me tight. I feel a tap on my shoulder and turn around and see a grinning Marcel.

"Didn't forget about me did you." Marcel says then picks me up in a hug.

"Of course not." I say with the tears still  falling.

"Alright let's not break my daughter." Dad says making Marcel laugh. Marcel puts me down and I that's when I see Lucien. Of course he would be standing next to the bar. I see Stephan, Elena, and Damon standing near him. Again I look around but no mom.

"When I was gone all I felt was pain. Pain that which I cannot describe but the only thing that I could think about was you guys. I though I would never see your bright smiles anymore. I just want you to all know I Love you." I say then wipe my tears. Dad hugs me and rest his chin on my head.

"We love you more Hope." He says softly.

"Well this calls for a celebration." Damon says making us laugh.

"But where's mom?" I question softly. Dad clears his throat and looks at Elijah.

"Your mom is not herself but we'll get her back. You have my word Hope." Freya says with a smile. I believe her because Mikaelsons always keep their word. I nod then wipe my face and walk to the fire.

"I will never get use to being cold." I say as some of them start taking seats. I turn and look at Thomas.

"So Alpha Thomas huh, I was there ya know." I say and take the seat in between Elijah and Dad. Thomas sits across from me with Cecilia, Wesley and Lucien standing Near the corner of the couch. I smile at him and he winks back at me.

"You were there?" Thomas questions. I nod my head.

"Yeah it's weird because I haven't appeared since I talked to you guys through that circle think." I say looking at dad.

"It did hurt coming back to life though." I say then look back at Thomas. I feel a weird pain in my stomach then it makes a growl type noise.

"I'm guessing my human body is hungry." I say then look at dad. He laughs then looks at Cami.

"I'll go make some food." She says with a smile.

"So what now?" I question.

"We find your mother. Then we'll see from there." Elijah says standing up.

"So I'm going to stay human. How come you can't just give me blood right now." I say then look at dad. Dad kisses me on my forehead then stand up.

"We'll discuss that later for now you'll be protected at all times. Elijah may I have a word." Dad says then disappears with Elijah, Rebekah, and Marcel."

"Guess that means I'm stronger." Thomas says with a smirk. I smirk back.

"That may be but your still the ugly one." I say still smirking. I lean back then cross my legs.

"So how old are you anyways? Like forty." I say making Thomas glare.

"I'm actually twenty one and the ladies dig the scruff." He says with a huge smile but that only makes me frown. He was eighteen when I died. That means it's been three years not two.

"I missed three years." I say and look at Freya. She frowns but nods her head. I take a deep breath only to start coughing. Dad is in front of me in no time. I laugh cough as he searches for any injuries.

"I'm fine, I was choking on air. How weird is that." I say making Cecilia laugh. Elijah and Rebekah walk forward with two cups full of blood. I cover my nose and almost gag.

"Wow so that's how it smells." I says yet again making everyone laugh.

"I guess your new nose is delicate to blood." Wesley jokes and I glare at him.

"After you eat get some rest baby wolf. We go home tomorrow." Dad says with a smile as Cami brings a try of food. Baby wolf. I'm not even a wolf anymore. Maybe I am I just have to active the wolf gene by killing someone.  Being human sucks because now I feel bad just thinking about taking another life. Only time will tell.