Chapter 43

It's only been a week since I've been home and let me tell you it's been harsh. I'm always so tired, hungry, and slow. It's annoying. Dad rarely lets me out of his sight and when I'm not with him I'm with Mom or Elijah. I don't blame them, there're just worried they'll loose me again. But I think they exaggerate a bit. I know I'm human but I'm not a child. There're treating me like a new born. Of course I tell them to turn me back into a vampire but they dodge the question. They also make sure to keep me away from any sharp objects, no eating foods that are not healthy, and most important NO going outside. Again I can't get mad cause this human body is very sensitive. I'm always tripping, bumping into things or choking on food. It sucks not being able to see in the dark or being gifted with high senses. Wesley is always scaring me by appearing randomly saying Boo. Do you know how pathetic that is, to be scared that easily. And being stuck in this house is killing me of boredom. The only company I have is Wesley with a careful eye watching. Everyone else went home to their long immortal life.

But you know me, I can't listen to all the rules. I have a tendency of sneaking out of the house. It wasn't hard to manipulate Wesley to sneak me out. While Elijah went to make me a wonderful lunch leaving me with Wesley in my room. I did the guilt trick on him. How I turned him into a vampire and made his life better and he won't even take me on a small walk of my short human life.  And just like that I'm outside the safety walls of my home to the busy streets of New Orleans. I had Wesley take me a couple of blocks down to a small diner. I always wanted to go there but then I didn't eat human food. But now that I do I had a strawberry milkshake with a grilled cheese sandwich. It's so crazy that this tastes so much better than blood. Just thinking about blood makes my stomach turn.

In the current moment we're taking the back streets home so I can walk and enjoy this freedom.

"That was amazing. Who knew human food was better than blood." I say smiling up at Wesley. He chuckles and shakes his head.

"Who knew blood was so appetizing instead of a cinnamon bun." He says with a grin. Cinnamon bun? Sounds delicious.

"What's that." I question as we turn the corner. Wesley stops and gives me a are you serious look.

"Well what's this? Didn't your mother tell you not to play with your food." A deep voice says. I jump and look behind me. Wesley quickly pulls me behind him. I see a man with red crazy hair dressed in black. For some reason I can feel my heart pounding against my rib cage and my hands are clammy. I'm afraid of this man. Why? He's weak.

"If your not going to eat her, I will." He says smirking at me.

"She's not a meal. Now go on." Wesley states standing firm. The man smirks, rolls his eyes then bares his fangs. In a blink of an eye Wesley is fighting this man knocking me on the ground. My arm scrapes against the ground cutting skin. A moment like this I regret not wearing a long sleeve. I jump up and run as fast as I can down the empty alley. I don't look back as I see the Main Street coming into view. But I don't make it. I'm being grabbed then lifted into the air by my throat. The red hair man has dark eyes and a small cut on his head. I throw my right hand up and punch him in his jaw but it has no effect on him. It only makes my hand sting.

"Now that wasn't nice." He says with an evil smile then glares. He lifts me higher then throws me. My back connects with the wall then I fall down on my face. I had this happen to me when I was a hybrid and that hurt but this, this is hell. My head is being hammered. And now half my face is stinging as if it's on fire and being poked at. I roll over to see Elijah ripping the mans heart out aggressively. Elijah has the same face expression just like the day I died. I flinch just looking at it. It hurts to think about that day and all the pain.

"Oh Hope I'm so so sorry. I lost him back there." Wesley says carefully moving my hair out of my face. That's when I hear it. I'm crying. I'm sobbing. This pain is making me choke on sobs. I quickly stop myself not wanting to seem weak like I already am. Elijah pushes Wesley out of the way then carefully picks me up. I put my hand up to my head and feel warm liquid. Great. I pull my hand down and I'm bleeding.

"WHAT HAPPENED?" Dad yells as we enter through the gates. I look up and see a very pissed Dad. Elijah sets me down, disappears then is back with a first aid kit. Dad is in front of me looking at my face. He puts his hand on the back of head then pulls away and sees blood on his fingers.

"There was a random other vampire. He tried to eat Hope but I didn't let him." Wesley says softly.

"No, I didn't let him. You should of not took Hope out of her Home. I suggest you leave now before Niklaus decides to kill you." Elijah says harshly then dabs my face with a cotton ball. I flinch back.

"That hurts." I say pulling away.

"I have to Hope. You don't want this to get infected." Elijah says then confines dabbing it on my face.

"There is a reason your not suppose to leave Hope. And what do you do. You leave where all my enemies can hurt you. You have to be more careful." Dad says waking back and forth.

"Then change me! I'm tired of getting hurt easily. Change me back!" I shout looking him in the eyes. He looks at me with an angry expression then shakes his head.

"WHY NOT!? It's so simple. Give me blood, I died then boom I'm a vampire and you don't have to worry about me getting hurt over tripping on my own feet." I state still not looking away.

"I Can't." He says softly. I look at Elijah who looks at Dad then stand up. He fixes his suit.

"We're afraid we don't know if you'll make it through the shift." Elijah says watching my reaction. And he probably got it because humans are weak at hiding emotions.

"Why?" I whisper but I know they can hear me. Dad comes and sits next to me.

"We used a different spell to bring you back. We couldn't find the original spell that brought back Kole. Devina still has it unfortunately. We used a spell that only brought back humans." Dad says then rubs his face.

"This particular spell only lets the person brought back pure. Vampires, witches, werewolves are not pure. Your pure Hope. No evil can change you." Elijah says with a smile.

"So I'm just going to die again but the next time is going to be in sixty years." I say and jump up. I start limping to the stairs.

"Hope I will fix this." Dad says but I just keep walking. What if you don't? What if I die before my sixty years. Then all this was for nothing. I'm going to age while the people I love move forward. Pure. I don't want to be pure. I want to be immortal. I want to be the old me. I wish I never went out that night.