Chapter 47

I have fifteen minutes to get in, get the dagger, and make it back home before anyone notices I'm gone. I have spent days reading Aunt Freya's old spell books to find what I'm looking for. The black dagger that took my life, that drained me of everything I once was. So I'm going to get it and kill the witches who consumed all my power. It's really simple, sacrifice the ones who sacrificed you. So here I am in the cemetery in the middle of the night. The witches that once killed me no longer live on this side of New Orleans. They are either in hiding or left New Orleans all together. This human body has less advantages then my hybrid one but that will not stop me. I run in front of the brick door that says Hope Mikaelson. I pull out the old iron key from my jean pocket and push it in the lock. If I didn't have Mikaelson blood this lock would never open. A little enchantment Freya put on it after I died. I hear a click and the big stone door opens sending dust in the air. I cough, shove the key in my pocket then rush inside. I close the door behind me and star at the stone coffin. My body was once in there but it turned to ash when I was reborn. But still that was my original body. The real me. I click the flashlight on and search for the Mikaelson crescent on the walls. All it takes is good charms with Elijah to get information.

He only said it once. And I only needed to hear it once. The dagger that Devina struck my heart with lays behind the Mikaelson crescent at my grave. And there it is. Behind the coffin in eye level. I rush behind the coffin an run my fingers across the crescent. I dig my fingers in the side and pull. I pull until my fingers turn red. With frustration I hit the crescent with the back of the flashlight as hard as I can. It barley leaves a scratch. I look at my watch and it's on the 9 minute mark. With all my humanly strength I hit the crescent and hit breaks. I smile and shove my hand in. I feel something soft and grip it. I pull it out and it's a dusty red cloth and the black dagger is wrapped in it.

5 minutes left. I shove the dagger in my bag and rush towards the door. I push it open slowly then stick my head out. It's clear. I jump out close the door and I don't hesitate on running towards the side gate of the cemetery. When I get close to my exit I see shadows and drop. My knees ache with pain as I crawl to an angel statue and hide behind it. I was so close. The exit is to my left but I would be in clear view for the new strangers.

"Did you hear that?" A male voice says. I peep my head over the left wing of the angel statue and see two large males and a elderly woman. Wait. My heart bands against my rib cage. My hands shake and it seems my mouth has gone dry. She's one of those witches that sacrificed me.

"It was probably nothing. Don't get distracted." One of the large males with red hair says. This could be my chance. My hand shoots in my bag and grips the dagger. Theirs no way my human body can fight off those body guards and a witch. If I can only.. my eyes lock on a large piece of rock next to my foot. Without thinking I pick it up and chuck it as far as I can towards the center of the cemetery. I hear a loud thud then bricks falling. I look at my watch and it's at the 2 minute mark. I click the button so much for making it home in time.

"Go." The witch demands and her two body guards run towards the noise. One goes right and the other left. I duck lower so they can't see me. I watch as the witch continues pulling out jars from her bag and sets them on a gravestone. My heart pounds as I step out. I grip the dagger in my hand so hard my hand aches. I slowly make my way to her trying not to make any noise. It feels like hours go by but it's only seconds and I'm right behind her.

"HEYY!" A male voice yells and both the witch and my head snap to her red head body guard. He's a good distance but he's running. The witch's eyes go wide as her head turn to face me. I quickly jump on her bringing us both to the ground. My head starts aching and my vision clouds but I still bring the daggers blade to her neck and slice her juggler. Blood squirts from her neck onto my face and sweater. My vision clears and I suddenly feel a rush through my body. Not a bad rush but it feels amazing. As if you been under water to long and you finally get that fresh harm. My body is humming with electricity then it sticks to my bones making me feel calm, collected, complete. Like a perfect piece to a puzzle. Something just feels right. My heads I shove the dagger in my bag and quickly run towards the cemetery exit. As I run out of the cemetery I see the red head pass the witches body. I smirk and push my human legs to make it home. As I come close to the courtier entrance the red head stops. I run in and stop as I get through the gates of safety. I made it! I laugh and wipe my face. My hands are stained with blood and it makes me laugh more. One witch down five more to go.

"HOPE MIKAELSON!" I jump at the sound of my dad's raging voice. He jumps from the balcony and lands perfectly in front of me. He's followed my everybody else. Literally the whole family is either jumping off the balcony or running down the stairs. How am I going to explain this.

"OH MY GOD Hope! What happened to you?" Mom says wiping some blood off my face. "Who's blood is this?" She says more franticly. I push her hands away.

"Before any of you get mad just understand I achieved something great tonight. Something none of you did while I was dead." I say giving each of them a stare.

"And tell us Hope of your great accomplishment that could of risked your life." Dad says stepping forward with his dad glare on his face. Earlier that glare would of scared me. It would of had me crying but right now I'm anything but afraid. I'm gaining my confidence back. I smirk. I almost pulled out the dagger of my bag but if I did dad would take it away from me. So instead I drop my bag on the floor and take off my bloody sweater.

"Well I just killed one of the elderly witches that sacrificed me." I say with pride picking up my bag.

"You can't just be going out killing people Hope! It's not safe out there for you." Rebekah says shaking her head, I shrug.

"Yeah might be but I'm one step ahead of you guys." I say and walk toward the stairs. But dad grips my arm with a little more force than I expected. I flinch and I see pain flash across his eyes then he lets go.

"Who keep you here for your protection! And if you don't obey my rules in my home you will not go without punishment Hope." I laugh.

"Like chain me to a wall again. Do it! I dare you." I say.

"Hope can you just listen for once! Just once please listen to your father! We're doing our best here. We're all trying Hope. We know it's hard with all the changes and your tired of feeling lost. We are going to make those witches pay but you have to let us do it." Mom says with watery eyes.

"You already know I can't do that. You might as well let me help you guys do this then have be doing it on my own." I say and walk up the stairs and this time no one stops me. They know I won't stop escaping the safety of this home but I need to take action of my own life.