Chapter 50

"You better untie me Thomas cause if you don't I will never forgive you." I yell at Thomas who sits across the room arms folded with his serious face on.

"No Hope this is for your safety." He states. I roll my eyes and pull on the ropes that bind my hands together.

"Not so hard." Cecilia says from behind me. Let me catch you up to speed. We're at a small cottage in the woods outside of Mystic Falls. My father brought us here and Elijah slapped the charmed shackles on Cecilia then mom tied our hands behind our backs and set us on a old raggedy bed on the floor. Thomas watches over us while the others go play spy. I don't even know their plan.

"You understand how ridiculous this is. I'm the one who has to kill the witches to gain MY powers back." I say and squirm making Cecilia and I topple over. She groans annoyed.

"You just don't understand Hope." He says making his way over to us. With ease he sets us back up.

"No you don't understand. This isn't just about me. Devina has the power now to kill my dad, Elijah and Rebekah." I say looking him in his eyes. He takes a deep breath then stands up. As he turns around I jump with all the strength I have pulling Cecilia with me and we hit the back of Thomas's legs.

"HOPE." Cecilia screams as Thomas goes down with a thud and we land on top of him. Thomas lets out a growl then pushes himself off the ground not caring that Cecilia and I fall to the ground. I groan as the side of my face hits the floor.

"I guess I should of seen that coming. Now you can stay like that." He says dusting the dirt off his jeans.

"GOD DAMNIT THOMAS." I yell as I pull and kick.

"Hope just stop it." Cecilia says through gritted teeth. And I stop. Only because I'm harming her in my little tantrum. The front door opens revealing my favorite blonde haired boy.

"Oh thank god. My new favorite best friend. Care to help me out." I say to Wesley putting on my biggest smile. He smiles walks to us sets us back up.

"Glad to know I'm your favorite new best friend but I'm not untying you." He says and my smile drops. Without even thinking I bring my head forward and connect it with his. It barley fazed him but I feel like I broke my skull. Stupid human body.

"Wow, that's it she lost it. Tie me somewhere else." Cecilia says and now I feel her squirm. So now I just drop my head. Yes I'm being impractical but everything I love and need is outside this cabin. I'm here tied up and useless.

"Elijah wants us to stay here until they come get us." Wesley says. And what if they never come back. What if I never see my family again. My stubbornness caused them to walk into their deaths. There's no point in being immortal without a family. To spend eternity alone, I rather choose death.

The sun has set and no sign of my dad or the others. Thomas lit the small cottage with candles while Wesley keeps trying to get me to drink water. My wrist ache from them rubbing against the ropes.

"So this is how you treat your lifetime best friend. Just tie her up for her supposedly safely even though it's not your choice on what I do with my life." I say finally looking up at him. His eyes show that small sentence hurt him but it fades.

"You don't understand Hope. We can't lose you again. I can't lose you again. It hurts to much." He says softly and the rooms goes quiet and all you hear are small breaths.

"You know what hurts dieing. Having someone stick a fucking dagger in your heart and watching everything you love fade away. To be stuck in a darkness. You know what else hurts being tied up while your family could possibly be dead and you can't do a thing to help them. And that one person who promised to help me get through any problem, to be on my side no matter what sits just on the other side of the room watching me. Knowing how much I hate being helpless." I say staring Thomas in the eyes.

"You act like It didn't even hurt when you died that night. Well it did. To lose the very person you have loved all your life feels like a dagger being shoved in your heart. Then you come back making it all about you. How you hate being human, how you hate being worthless and pathetic. How you hate being alive because your not a witch or a hybrid." He stands up making the chair fly behind him.

"But did you even think for one moment on how anyone else felt when we all lost you. And finally when your back you treated us all like garbage. Blaming us that your human. Constantly fighting with everyone you love when we were scared we will lose you again. And to be in love with someone who hates herself that much knowing you can't do anything about it hurts way more than being tied up." He says then walks out of the cottage leaving me in tears. I'm crying because every word he has said is true. This whole time I wasn't being truly thankful for my family that brought me back instead I just pushed them away and now they can die because of me. And I continue crying because my lifelong best friend just confessed his love to me in anger. I always pushed the thought of us being together in the back of my mind but now since I was human Thomas thought we could have a chance. And I only hurt him more when I told him how much I hated this human life. I'm human but I feel like a monster.  The front door opens and in walks a emotionless Thomas with the black dagger. He cuts the ropes around my wrist then drops the dagger on my lap.

"If you don't care about the life you have now then I won't either." He says then walks out. Even though I'm free and have the dagger I can't do this alone. Because I'm not going to do this for me. I'm doing this for my family so the won't have to live in fear that someone has the power to kill them. I jump up and race out the door. Thomas is already at his car.

"WAIT! Listen I know I have been a brat and stubborn and, and selfish but I can't do this without you Thomas. I know I have been complaining about the life I have now but can you blame me. I lived my whole life thinking I was going to live forever with my Family and I'm scared now that if I die in time they will forget me. I was no I am scared that even if I do accept my human life Devina will come back and take my family away from me forever. I'm tired of being week and not being able to help my family because my dad's enemies always find a way to capture and torture me. You don't know what its like to die multiple times then wake up and feel that pain all over again. To feel the life get drained out of you then see your family broken and lost without you. But I am lost. I feel lost being human and being a witch, vampire, werewolf or even a hybrid at least I have a fighting chance." I say with a trembling voice. I walk closer to him and I know see his tears.

"So I'm asking you for the last and finally time Thomas to help me save my family. I don't care if I'm a hybrid or witch. I just need Devina gone so my family can continue to live. And after that if you don't want to see me anymore than I'll accept that." I say and Thomas quickly hugs me. He hugs me as if he lost me already.

"I will always want to see you Hope. But if we're doing this. We're doing it my way." He says with a smile. And in this moment I knew this man would die for me. And that's what scared me. I don't want him or anyone else risking their life for mine. I won't let him die for me, I'll die for him. Maybe that's what love is.