Chapter 29

It's been a week since i told everyone what happened. They gave me space but i felt lonely so i tried to hangout and talk more. It's mostly Elijah and Wesley who i talk to. I feel most comfortable when I'm with them. Mom left two days ago, i assured her i was fine. Dad made sure Wesley is with me all the time. Wesley is my best friend and someone who helps me from not breaking down again. I still wake up screaming and crying. I still fear the dark. But i trust slowly grows for my family. I just made sure dad knew to not have any witches come near me. I made it clear i will kill any witch that ends up near me. Even if it's a friend.

I hunt by myself. I got Elijah to train me more. I am tired of being weak. Yes i still have fears but nothing time couldn't cure. I sleep during the day and stay up during the night. I don't trust the darkness. Wesley doesn't seem to mind. Actually nobody seems to mind. Their all glad I'm trying to make conversation and be myself. But i feel like there will always be a gap between us.

Currently Dad and Damon left for a day to handle some business. I rarely talk to Damon. I don't know what to say to him. We have small conversations before i get quiet again. It's Wesley who gets me to talk a lot. He doesn't talk about fighting, witches, vampires. We talk about real teenage things like music, movies, tv shows, and random fun things. I try to make sure at all times Wesley is with me. It helps me avoid awkward moments with everyone else.

So I'm currently sitting on a chair in dad's office. Sitting across from Cami. A secret someone thinks i need a shrink. And I need to talk to Blah blah blah.

"Hope, Why don't you feel safe with Cecilia around you? You guys are best friends and now that suddenly changes." Cami says leaning forward. I roll my eye's and lean forward.

"She is no friend of mine. I would like to say a threat, an enemy. I don't need another witch around me when I'm in this state." I say then lean back. I cross my legs and set my hands on them. She sighs but doesn't break her stare.

"Your a hybrid. You can easily take her down if you wanted to." She says.

"Indeed i can. I just despise a witches presence around me. I will not risk the chance of her betraying me." I say staring back at Cami with no emotion.

"Your a witch" She states.

"I am. But i can trust myself. I wouldn't be a witch if i had the choice." I say then stand up. "This conversation is useless. It only reminds me of filth. Let's not bring her up anymore shall we. Now i have some things i must do before the Sun comes up." I say then walk away. I walk down the hall and down the stairs. I see Elijah talking with a young women. She has long black hair with a small tan. I can sense power radiating off her. I don't like it. I swing the crossbow that i always carry with me, around and point it at the women. I don't hesitate pulling the trigger sending the arrow flying in the air. Before it can connect with the lady's back Elijahs hand goes up and grabs the arrow. I quickly go for another one but Dad is in front of me with his chest on the point of the crossbow.

"Hope" He tries to say softly. I glare at him and see Elijah and the witch gone. I roll my eye's and turn around.

"I guess i can't trust you" I say over my shoulder "Or Elijah" i finish then continue walking. If i can't even trust Elijah from keeping a witch away from me. Then what is family. My trust was betrayed. I bump into a hard chest not looking where I was going. How could I be so stupid! I let my guard down. I look up to meet Damon's charming smile. And I just can't help but smile back.

"Well it's good you bumped into me. It saved me the wonderful pleasure to go and hunt you down." He says with a smirk. I roll my eyes and lean on the wall.

"Indeed it is. Now tell me why Mr. Salvatore for what do I owe the pleasure of this delightful conversation." I say putting a smile on Damon's face. It quickly fades as he looks away and his jaw locks. I don't like the way this is turning out. I don't know what to do so I just stare at him. He finally looks at me but with sadness and anger in his eyes.

"Hope I have to go home. Im leaving today, we both know I can't stay here forever. Your not even the same. I can't stay here with you." And those are the words that made my heart drop. How could I do this to him. I made him come here because of me. And now he's leaving because of me. I know I have strong feelings for him and I am not letting that go. I jump forward wrapping my arms around him and connect our lips. He doesn't hesitate wrapping his arms around me and like he always does tries to dominate the kiss. And I let him because I don't want to lose him. We finally pull away and he rest his forehead on mine.

"Why do you make everything so complicated?" He questions. I smile with a small shake of my head. My heart is doing flips and my mind is racing. This is something I am not letting go of.

"I'm coming with you." I say and pull away to look at him. He smiles but his face changes into horror.

"May I remind you of who your father is. I intend to live a couple of more decades." He says gaining back his posture. I hug Damon by the waist and rest my chin on his chest looking up at him, giving my best puppy dog eyes.

"Fine just stop with that adorable face of yours." He says with a smile. I kiss him turn around and start walking to my dads office. Damon makes me forget about all the bad things that had happened. I feel safe and comfortable to be myself. Maybe that's what I need. Now all I have to do is convince dad. Great.

(I know I took long. I'm just very busy with school;( I know short chapter but the next will be better! Love ya guys! Comment some twist if you like, it's always nice to have more ideas. Cause I'm writing this as I go.

Also my cover sucks lol someone help me make a cooler one:) thanks vote, like, comment, follow me💋)