Chapter 33

"So who are you?" I question taking my seat back on the couch. Lucien sits on a chair on the other side of the coffee table.

"I'm Lucien Castle but you already know that." He leans forward. "I think the question your looking for is what are you." He says with a smirk.

"Very well what are you then. A hybrid." I say giving him that look of annoyance.

"I'm an upgrade of an original love. In easy terms I'm faster, stronger, and well more clever of course." He says with a wide smile. I roll my eyes. There are only three originals left. Well beside Kol who is probably with Devina. Trader. I look back at Lucien and he's watching me. I wonder how my father knows him and why was he so angry. As I'm about to speak I hear footsteps coming down the hall. And whoever that is holds power. A Witch. For a brief second I am afraid but it quickly is covered by the anger I hold for witches. No witch will ever torture me again. They will not get the chance. Not again.

"Are you alright love." Lucien says then there's a knock on the door. He looks confused then goes to open the door. I jump from my seat and as soon as the door opens I run at the witch. She has short black hair with piercing grey eyes. Of course I'm to fast for her to use magic on me. I grab her head then kick her stomach, hard. Her head comes clean off spraying blood everywhere. Her body goes limp and my tense body relaxes. Lucien clears his throat and I turn around, he's shocked. I drop the disgusting head then wipe my hands on jeans.

"I don't like witches. Therefore I will kill any witch that comes near me before they get a chance to realize what is happening. It does not matter to me who they are. All I know is their dead." I say with anger. Lucien smiles, disappears for a brief second and is back with a small brown towel.

"She owed me a favor that was long over due. She was good as dead anyways." He says with a smile. I smile and walk back in the room.

"Good." I say firmly.

"May I ask why you resent witches so much?" Lucien says then closes the door. I turn around to look at him and think. Can I trust him? Can he really know something so personal?

"Why? So you can use it to my weakness." I say a bit angrily. For all I know he could be crazy. Lucien frowns then looks away.

"I suppose you do not trust me Hope but I'll earn your trust some day. I do not wish to harm you. Ever." He says looking me in my eyes. It feels like honesty.

"Well enough of the heavy. Go get cleaned up, we're leaving in an hour." He says then reveals a thin black box from behind him. He hands it to me then pushes me gently to the room with the door open.

"And what am I getting ready for?" I question as I let him guide me.

"A party my dear." He says then closes the door. A party? I don't party. Well I never been to a party outside a family party. Which only include my birthday parties. I look at the door then jump in the shower.

I take a quick shower and walk to the sink. It's fancy. White marble. He has makeup set up on one side of the sink with other girl materials. I have a weird knot feeling in my stomach. Why would he have girl things in his house? I frown as then pick up the black box. I take off the black ribbon carefully and it reveals a black dress. I remove the dress from the box and it gorgeous. It stops just about the knees and has sleeves that go to the elbow. The dress hugs my body tightly but in a good way. I fix my hair into a messy bun with a braid halo. I don't need makeup so I only add mascara and a nude lipstick. And of course don't forget those black pumps. I wish they were boots. I'm not really a high heal gal.

As I'm about to leave the room I look at myself in the mirror. Why am I doing this? Going to a party with a stranger. Specially with a man my father hates. But he chained you to a wall thinking you had no control over yourself. I did and I liked every bit of it. I swing open the door and walk out with excitement and a bit nervous. Lucien stands by his mini bar with a huge smile. I must say he looks dashing in that tux.

----------------2 hours later---------------

"Who is this fine young girl." A man with his hair slicked back and smells like death says. Your probably wondering what's going on well let me tell you. Lucien took me to this big fancy party. The place is just outside of town. Everyone is dressed up and having a great time without a care in the world. I guess that's what people do at these formal parties. Then Lucien excused himself from me, leaving me with some of his friends. I had to small talk with humans which I'm not very good at. I went out on the balcony to get some air and I heard people yelling. Of course with my sense of hearing I knew it was Lucien. He was behind the building with some not so friendly people. Or should I say two vampires and a witch. And that's how I got to this situation with this pig talking to me.

Lucien steps in front of me blocking their view. He stands very close. So close I'm practically breathing on his back.

"I already gave you one chance. And let me tell you second chances are not in my book." Lucien states clearly.

"Hope Mikaelson." The male witch says. I step to the side to stare at the disgusting figure. He dresses in all black with messy hair that covers his face. I don't miss the shiny object that is poking out of his boot. It's a hexed blade. My eyes flicker to his left hand that is hidden behind his back. With my hybrid hearing, I can hear the light swishes of a tiny bottle.

"I see you left your fathers cage." He says with a smirk. This pathetic thing thinks he can talk to me. Thinks he can speak about my father. I feel anger rush through me. The ground starts to shake and the witches eyes go wide with fear. I rush towards him but I get pushed away making me spin in the air, then collide with the brick wall. The left side of my head hits the brick wall first causing me to see black. I fall to the ground and land on my back. I groan in pain and in annoyance that someone got the chance to push me. I shake my head and jump up. Both the vampires are fighting Lucien while the witch walks towards them with the blade.

I jump with speed and land on the witches back catching him off guard. His small fragile body hits the concrete floor I can hear his bones shatter. I punch my right hand through his back and grab his heart. I rip it out with force then stand up. This is getting to easy. I smile as I see Lucien already has the hearts of the two vampires in his hands. He smiles then drops the hearts with disgust. I drop the heart in my hand then lean down and pick up the blade.

"What do you think they were going to do with this?" I question staring at the blade. The blade is pure silver with a black handle. The handle has brown vines wrapped around it. Surely they wouldn't try to stab Lucien with it. He's immortal. The hex wouldn't even last that long. Unless..... I look down and see the small bottle peeking out of the dead witches hand. With swift movement I grab it. I look at Lucien who now has a serious face. I look back at the liquid. Smart witch he was. Of course, they would make Lucien drink the liquid which would put the hex into full power. It's like the blades my dad use to have. It was a blade you put through one of the originals hearts and they would go into a deep slumber. This blade must be made especially for Lucien. Cleaver cleaver witch.

"May I see them Hope." Lucien says snapping me out of thought. I look up at him and he still has that very serious face on. I don't like it, it worries me. He has his hand extended waiting for me to give him the objects. But in his eyes I see he's worries I'm going to use them on him. I smile then place the blade and small bottle in his hands. He smiles then puts them in his coat.

"Shall we go love, I see this party is no longer entertaining." He says with a grin. I smile and take hold of his arm and let him lead me away.

(Vote, comment:)