Chapter 27

I know that voice. I look up and see Wesley. But he's different. He stands taller and he doesn't seem so vulnerable. I flinch as he flops down on my bed. He lays on his back looking up at the ceiling. He has a daylight ring on. He's a vampire.

"When?" I ask. He turns his head to look at me surprised and smiles. I wouldn't blame him. I'm surprised too but by my own voice.

"A week after you were gone. Your dad killed me. And i woke up a Vampire. Neat huh. Your dad was surprised when i woke up but your mom reminded him you made him promise not to kill me. So tada here i am." He says with a smile. How long was i gone. But I'm not going to ask. I'm scared to know the answer.

"You look better. Nothing a three nights rest couldn't do." He says. Did he say three nights. I finally got to sleep in. It makes me relax when i think no one tried to wake me up. Wesley gets up then comes to sit next to me. Our shoulders are touching and I'm not scared.

"Do you want to talk about it." He says. I can trust him but I'm scared. I shake my head.

"It's okay. We can just chill in silence." He says with a shrug. I look down at my empty wrist. I didn't think much of Wesley when i was gone. I thought he was human. He couldn't do much to save me. Dad could of but it still took him a while. I only hoped Wesley was safe and okay. I broke my promise to him. I promised i wouldn't let anyone kill him. Then my dad kills him. I'm glad i gave him my blood the night before the fight.

"I'm glad your safe." I say softly. I flinch at the sound of my voice again. I haven't heard it in such a long time. It's so weak and vulnerable.

"Thanks to you." He says then bumps his shoulder with mine. It was a light bump. But it still reminded me when Sahara hit my shoulder with a hammer dislocating it. I rub my shoulder with my hand. I flinch as Wesley moves to get comfortable.

"Sorry." He says with a guilty smile. I only blink. I look back down.

"I'm just scared." I say then wipe away tears.

"Scared of what Hope?" He questions. I bring my knees to my chest and barry my head in them.

"Of everything." I whisper. I lift my head up and set my chin on my knees. "Everything" I whisper again.

We sit there for hours not saying anything. Well i don't say anything only Wesley talks. He brings up funny stories of his past life. When he was kid. How he wrestled his dad's car. His first girlfriend.

Wesley left and i sit in my room with all the lights on. I still have a few hours until Sunrise. Mom would bring me a bowl of blood every hour. She tries to get me to talk but i have nothing to say. I hear people outside down the hall.

"She won't say anything Klaus. What did they do to her to make her so afraid." Mom says.

"She needs time. You saw her body. Stab wounds everywhere. For anyone it will take time to overcome what happened." Rebekah says.

"She can't keep it bottled up. It will kill her from the inside." Elijah says. I hear footsteps coming my way and the door opens. It's dad smiling.

"Want to go for a hunt?" He asks. I shake my head. "Do you want to join me for a walk?" He asks. I shake my head. He walks closer to me and stands by the bed.

"Cecilia will like to see you." I shake my head and scoot away. I no longer trust witches. I don't even like myself for being a witch. I hate them. I look at my dad in the eye's. And shake my head.

"Very well. I'll come back later to check on you." He says then sets my sketch book in front of me. He sighs then walks away. When i hear the door close my body relaxes. I open my sketch book and It's the picture of the waterfall Damon took me to. Damon. I wonder how is doing. I wonder what he thinks of me. I miss him but now is not the time for that. The Sun starts peaking through my curtains making my room brighter. I lay down facing the widows. I'll tell everyone what happened to me when i wake up. They need and want to know. I can't keep it bottled up like Elijah said. It's killing me. I know i can't ever to go back to being my normal self. I know i could never trust another witch even if one was my childhood best friend. I know to never let my guard down. I know to not put my faith in anyone ever again. Even if they are family.