Chapter 5

Dad made me breakfast today. As made i mean he brought me a human to eat. Quite splendid actually. Rebekah and Marcel went to see if they can find anything about why that witch randomly showed up. Elijah went to find out information about why i became so blood hungry. And Dad he's painting another masterpiece to put in my room. He put the one with the blue swirls and the garden of red roses in my room. I'm sitting on the couch in his room sketching a drawing of him painting. I guess i got some talent from him too. I am very proud to call myself his daughter.

"Dad." I say looking up from my drawing. It came out good. I like to go into detail so every little thing I see is in the drawing. Why not, I have all the time in the world.

"Yes baby wolf." He says. I pull out the drawing from the sketch and walk towards him. It's a drawing of him painting but in the background it's New Orleans. His kingdom. They drawing is like the one in my room, the one with the big moon and the city blue and red. He painted it when i was still in mom's stomach. I step next to him and extend it for him to take. He smiles widely.

"I drew it for you." I say. He observes the drawing as the smile on his face grows.

"Well I must get a frame for it now don't I." He say then kisses me on my forehead. He sets the drawing on his bed gently then goes back to painting. I hear light footsteps then smell Camille.

"Camille what a wonderful surprise. To what do i owe the pleasure." My dad says still painting. I tried to paint once but the colors just don't agree with me. So i rather stick to pencil and paper.

"It's Devina. She's gone mad with power. Sound familiar." She says making my  dad turn around to look at her.

"I went to visit my brothers grave and the witches got something planned. Devina warned me to get out of town. She doesn't want me to get hurt. I think she's coming after you Klaus." Cami finishes. She looks so scared and worried. I look at my dad and it looks like he's having a battle with himself. Anger rushes through me. No one is hurting my dad. No one is hurting my family. Devina will not get near my dad. I jump up.

"No one is hurting my dad." I say. As the words leave my mouth the house shakes.

"Hope." My dad says while standing in front of me. I take a deep breath.

"Better." I say and he smiles. I sometimes lose control of my powers when my emotions are not in check.

"Looks like baby wolf is starting to feel her powers more. Cami watch Hope i have some errands to run." He says walking past Cami. She nods her head.

"Hope no leaving." He says, I roll my eye's but nod my head.

"Good. I'll be home shortly." He says then leaves. I look at Cami.

"Who is Devina and why is she coming after my dad." I ask. She sighs then sits down.

"Long story so get comfy." She says. I sit back on the sofa i was sketching on. And get ready for this long story of Devina the witch.

An hour later i finally understand who this Devina chick was. A harvest witch that Marcel saved. My dad had his ups and downs with her. I know Cami likes her and if my dad wants to kill Devina but Cami stops him i will finish it for him. Marcel will just have to understand. I am not letting my dad suffer because of some power hungry witch. If she hurts my dad i hurt her. Simple. Cami knows what I'm thinking but she can't stop me. I'm a hybrid part witch. I have the upper hand with Devina. When it comes down to it if Devina tries to kill my dad i will kill her. Anyways back to the present Cami is making me lunch and my phone is ringing. Guess who. My mom. I answer then put the phone to my ear.

"Hey mom." I say happily and a little annoyed.

"Hope what were you thinking sneaking out. We give you guards for a reason." She lectures. I sigh.

"But I'm fine and my wolf side is awake so i can take care of myself." I say proudly.

"WHAT? HOPE. It's to early for that. I swear when i get my hands on Klaus." I stop her.

"Mom I'm fine. I gotta go Cami made food. Love you bye." I say then hang up before she gets to answer back. She calls again but i leave the phone on the couch as i leave to the kitchen.

"Smells good Cami. What is it." I ask sitting at the table.

"Chicken Alfredo and a cup of blood." She says setting my plate down. Then gets the cups of blood. I start taking bite of my food when Rebekah and Marcel walk it.

"Hey Munchkin." Marcel says sitting next to me.

"Find out anything." Cami asks. She sets my cup down and takes a drink of hers. My dad didn't want this life for her but she loves him. She wanted this.

"We know that witch has friends who will be coming after us to avenge her death." Rebekah says pouring herself a drink.

"I'm tired of people trying to kill me." She says sitting down. I hate that my family has been through so much. They're great people you just have to be on their good side.

They go to the office to talk. What's the point when i can hear them. I go to my room and put on music. I grab my sketch pad and think of my dad's wolf. I hum each song as it passes. I set my sketch pad down and stare at the moon painting my dad put in my room when i was unborn. I love it. It helps me relax. I look at the clock and i have been drawing for three hours. Time flies when your immortal and have nothing else to do. I only got the head finished of the wolf. It makes sense since i go into detail. I turn off my music and walk down the hall. It's empty. I hear them still talking but i only hear Rebekah and Cami's voice. I shrug then go to my dad's room. I sit on the couch and look through my phone. Two missed calls from Mom and a message from Thomas. My dad says I'm grounded from talking to him. But he can't stop me from talking to my only real friend.

It's already one in the morning and my dad still isn't back. Elijah, Marcel, and Rebekah went to go search for him. Something isn't right and we all sense it. Cami tries to keep her cool but i can't. Tears fall and i wipe them away fast. My emotions keep flying and every once in awhile i shake the house or things break. I can't control it if i keep thinking my dad is in trouble. I hear footsteps and i rush to the gate with Cami right behind me. Elijah, Rebekah, Marcel, and my dad walk in. Elijah and Rebekah look fine. But Marcel's shirt is ripped his wounds already healed. My dad has a whole in the center of his shirt blood stained around it. Wound already healed. The house starts shaking.

"Oh my god dad. What happened?" I cry hugging him. The wind picks up and the house still shakes.

"Hope. I need you to calm down. I'm fine." He says. I take a deep breath but the shaking doesn't stop.

"Your not fine. Look at your shirt. Someone stabed you." I say pointing to his chest.

"Deep breaths Nika." Elijah says stepping forward. I take deep breaths. Over and over. The shaking and winds stop. My vision is back to normal.

"Go lay down Hope. I'll be there in a minute." My dad says. I nod my head then start walking away. Just as I'm upstairs i hear Cami speak.

"She's getting stronger and I'm not sure she knows how to control it without you Klaus." I shrug and continue my way to my bed. I lay down and wait for my dad. I can control it i think. It's hard. My emotions control when i have power. It's anger or when I'm scared that brings it out. My dad comes in my room and sits on my bed. I sit up and rest my head on his shoulder.

"She's right dad. I don't know if i can control it." I say then wipe a tear. If i can't control it i can hurt someone i love.

"You will learn to control it Hope. But it will take time and i will be there with you through it all." He says gently. He wipes away my tears.

"Please don't take that long again to get home. I almost brought down the house." I say.

"I promise I'll be more in a hurry when killing rogue vampires." I giggle and he smiles.

"Now go to sleep baby wolf. I have some explaining to do with Elijah." He kisses my forehead. I lay down and get comfortable.

"Always and Forever." I whisper as he turns off the light. He walks to the door.

"Always and Forever baby wolf." He whispers then he exists the room.