Chapter 41

I'm drowning. It's not water, it's a thicker type of liquid. I can feel the flow of the thick liquid as it clogs my throat and crushes my lungs. I open my eyes and there's a small light. I push my body to move, desperate for air. The liquids weight pulls me down but I fight it. My fingers emerge through the top followed by my whole arm. I grip whatever I can and pull myself up. I choke on the thick liquid gasping for air. I wipe my eyes and I'm in a rock tub full of black goo. I turn my head slowly to the right and see my dad. He stands there frozen but I can see the tears falling down his cheeks. He's real.

"Can you see me?" I whisper and he lets out a small laugh then rushes to me. He embraces me while I'm still in the black goo.

"Yes, I can see you baby wolf." He cries out. It makes my heart warm as I hug him back and let the tears fall.

"But how?" I cry out as dad wipes some of the goo off my face. Dad leans down and pulls up a brown blanket the wraps it around me then picks me up.

"We can talk about that later. The important thing is your back." He looks at me. "Your alive." He says with a huge smile. I'm alive. He did it, they did it. I lift my arm so it's eye level. I'm covered in the black goo but I see my light colored skin. I look around but I don't  recognize where I am. This place is cold and all I can hear is light footsteps of dads boots. Dad pushes open a door and it reveals a large bathroom. Dad goes to put me down but I immediately start falling down. Of course he catches me.

"Why can't I stand?" I ask in a panicked tone. Dad walks to a white chair that's not to fair from the bath tub and sets me down.

"You need some time to get your strength back. Nothing major Hope. I'll be right back." He says then in a blink of a eye he's at the door. He looks back and me with a huge smile then he's gone. I look around and it's a huge bathroom. Perfectly while with a huge porcelain tub. I look down at my goo covered legs then look up. The mirror is far but I can see myself covered in the black goo. I blink my eyes fast but I can't seem to get my eyes to focus enough. The door opens and in runs Rebekah and Freya.

"Oh Hope! I'm so happy your back." Rebekah shouts and squeezes me in a hug. It's hurting me. It's like she's crushes me whole. I scream a little and Rebekah lightens up.

"I'm sorry Nika, I forgot that your body is different. Now let's get you cleaned up. You have a lot of people waiting." She says then goes and turns on the bath. Freya smiles and hugs me. She lets out a cry and squeezes me tight. But it's not hurting like Rebekah's did.

"What do you mean my body is different?" I question as Freya slowly helps me up.

"Hope we brought you back from the dead. Not as a vampire but as a Human." Freya says as she helps me in the tub. The bubbles are high enough to cover anything important. I lift up my arm and pinch myself. It hurts. It's a little burning but throbs at the same time. Rebekah quickly gets started on my hair.

"I'm human." I say but not as a question. I always wondered what it was like to be human but I never wished it. Maybe I did envy the human girls who had a normal life but I was a hybrid witch. I was feared by those surrounded me. I was powerful but now I'm just ordinary.

"Where am I?" I question looking up at Freya who sits on the edge of the tub smiling at me.

"We're in an old Mansion we used to live in just outside of Mystic Falls." Rebekah says with pride. The goo quickly comes off as I scrub.

"Is mom here?" I whisper trying not to cry.

"Thomas has the pack searching for her. Don't worry Hope, we'll find her." Freya says with a smile. She's right we will find her and once I get out of here I'm going to find her. Rebekah helps me up and Freya quickly hands me a towel.

"It's so cold being a human." I say making them laugh. It is, I know notice Freya is wearing a long black coat but Rebekah doesn't even have a jacket on. That's something that is going to be hard getting use to.

"We set your clothes on the counter. When your finish I'll be outside standing by the door." Rebekah says and starts walking away with Freya. Once they close the door I take my first step out of the tub and I stumble but don't fall. It's like a toddler all over again. As I continue my walk to the counter across from the tub I gain my posture. My complexion is different, my skin no longer has that glow it's plain. It's human. I quickly put on my underwear but as I try to put on the black skinny jeans I loose my balance and fall. Well that hurt. I forgot humans have balance problems. I jump up then put on the black turtle neck long sleeve. At least my whole body is covered. I slip on the brown boots by the counter then look at the door. I guess this is it. It's time I finally get to see my family and tell them I love them. Things are going to be different. No more lies and running away.