Chapter 21

On the way home Dad and Mom explained to me what happened while i was gone. Stefan called dad how he found Caroline in the woods around multiple rogue bodies. My blood and ripped clothes were all over the scene. When dad got in Mystic Falls with everybody. Him and Mom questioned Caroline what happened. She told them she saw me out hunting then rogues appeared and started attacking me. She did all she could before a rogue snapped her neck. When she woke up i was gone. Dad suspected Caroline was up to something so he was trying to find out what she has been up to. Keeping a close eye on her. Mom gave Caroline a massive beat down after she told the story. She didn't believe one word Caroline said. Mom was on edge the whole two weeks.

Then the night of the full moon Caroline called saying she found my body. And that's when i saw everyone crying. Believing it was me. When Bonnie showed up causing pain, it clicked that the whole thing was a set up. I proved it by showing up. Everyone was surprised about my plan, they couldn't believe i came up with it. But dad did. He just said he wouldn't use a crossbow.

Now back to the present. I'm back in town, closer to where crazy ass witches want to kill me. So Cecilia decided to stay with me until this whole witch sacrifice thing blows over. Wesley is going to be staying with us too. He choose to stay. I'm going to give him more human time before i kill him. Mom has to go back to the Bayou to take charge until Jackson gets better. He's in a coma, i just found that out.

I walk out of my room to go to meet Cecilia on the balcony when i hear someone turn the corner. With instinct my hand goes up pushing the person against the wall. As i walk closer i can see it's Elijah. I drop him imidently.

"Oh my god. Elijah. I'm so sorry. I didn't know it was you." I say helping him up.

"It's quite fine. I must of took you by surprise." He says fixing his suit. Behind me i hear rapid footsteps approach us. I do a low slide kick as i turn around. The person falls to the ground and i jump on them with my right arm pushing down on his throat and my left fist ready to connect with Marcel's face.

"Shit" I say then hop off Marcel.
"I'm so sorry Marcel. I'm just a little on edge." I say. He looks at Elijah. I turn around and walk away. I rush to the balcony to find Cecilia and Wesley. They both smile when they see me. I jump up and sit on the railing.

"So what's fun to do around here?" Wesley asks. Cecilia rolls her eye's.

"Not much. But Cami works at the bar. We can hang out there." I say. Wesley smiles.

"Let's get our drink on." He says then walks to the stairs. Cecilia follows after him. I look around me then jump down. I feel like i need to keep my guard up. I mean i almost had my heart ripped out. I can't make a mistake like that again, it could risk my life. Cecilia walks next to me and Wesley is not to far behind. I open the door and look around as they step in. I follow them as they take a seat at the bar. Wesley is in the middle of us. I'm sitting closest to the door.

"Three shots" Wesley says to Cami. She has a small laugh.

"Just cause i know you guys. Doesn't mean you can drink. Your still underage" Cami says. Wesley smirks then pulls out his wallet. He grabs a card then slaps it on counter.

"Three shots please. There for me" He says with a cocky smile. Cami takes out three glasses then pours a brown liquid in them. Wesley slides one to Cecilia and she downs it. He slides one mine way but i shake my head. He takes his shot then takes the shot that was meant for me. My finger starts tapping on the counter as Cami pours more shots. I can hear the liquid falling into the shot glass. I can hear Wesley's heart beat. I can hear the man in the corner of the bar taking his drink.

"Hope" I look up and Cami is watching me. I hear the door open and i jump up. It's just another human. I take my seat back down. Cami starts talking but i zone her out. My head is spinning and everything just seems to loud. With vampire speed i rush outside to the back of the bar. I take a breath then start walking home. I hear footsteps behind me but ignore them. As i turn the corner to walk through the gate i hear the footsteps speed up. I rush so I'm on the left side of the gate. I hear the person rush in and i jump on them as they run through. They land on their face with me on their back.

"HOPE. It's me Josh." I jump off and stare at Josh. He jumps off then wipes his shirt.

"Try to be more careful." I say then stuff my hands in my jacket pockets then walk away. I jump onto the balcony and head to my room. That's when i realize i was rude to Josh for no reason. I stop in front of my door and rest my head on it. I hear the floor squeak behind me. As i turn around i push back whoever was behind me. They hit the wall hard.

"Fuck." I say as Damon gets up. "I'm sorry. I just feel... I can't help it." I say. He walks closer to me.

"It's fine. Hungry" He says with a smile. I smile and nod my head. "Good cause dinner will arrive shortly." He says. I listen then hear multiple footsteps coming through the gate. "Just in time. Shall we." He says then is gone. I rush to the balcony then jump down. I stand in front of a clueless looking human. Damon already started eating. I smile then grab the girl by the throat and snap her neck. I sink my teeth into her neck and enjoy the warm liquid. I pull away and drop the body. I move on to the boy next to her. I do as i did to the girl then drop his body.

"Hope must you be so messy." I look up and see Rebekah on the balcony with Marcel. I only shrug. Rebekah gives Marcel the same look he gave to Elijah when i almost punched him.

"Thanks Damon." I smile at him then look back at Rebekah. "For the food" I say then look back at Damon. I rush back to my room to get clean. I put black jeans with a grey t-shirt and black combat boots on. I can't wear my normal clothes. I have to be ready just in case i have to fight again. A knock on disturbs me from my thoughts. I grab my black leather jacket then go to open the door. It's my dad.

"Hope will you join me in my office please." He says then walks away. I follow after him. As i walk in the office i see Marcel sitting next to Rebekah. Cami sitting on the couch across from them. And Elijah at the bar. My dad walks to sit next to Cami. I take the single seat by the wall that gives me a view of everything and everyone in the room. I tap my finger on the chair and my leg shakes as everyone takes a glance at me. My eye's scan the room. Out of three windows one is open. The other two are closed but not locked. The office door is shut that leads to the hallway. But the door that leads to the dinning room is a little bit open. To my right is the fireplace with a small lamp by my chair. To my left is a book shelf. On one of the shelves is a letter opener. I look back at my dad who already has his eye's on me.

"Hope how are you feeling?" Cami asks using her professional voice. I roll my eye's.

"Swell" I say. My leg stops shaking but my finger continues to tap. Cami takes a shaky breath then looks at dad. But he doesn't take his eye's off me. My eye's snap to Elijah as he steps forward. My eye's snap to Marcel as he leans forward.

"Hope. We noticed some changes." Marcel says. I bite on the inside of my cheek.

"Have you now." I say leaning forward.

"We think y.." I cut off Rebekah with a groan. I rub my face with my hands. A hand gets set on my shoulder. As i jump up i grab the person's wrist, twist it then push them back. It's Elijah. I take a step back then rush to my room. I close the door and lock it. I look at my dresser then push it in front of the door. I need time to clear my head. I close my curtains then sit at the foot of my bed. My foot starts tapping as i look at my other dresser. My heart starts beating faster as my eye's flick from a window to the door. I barry my head in my knees and cover my ears. Just stop. I'm fine. No one is going to hurt me here. Calm down. I keep repeating this in my head until i fall asleep.

I jump awake when i hear my doorknob shake. The person breaks the doorknob and starts pushing the door open. I jump at the dresser and the door slams shut.

"Hope. Open the door." My dad says. He lightly pushes on the door but i focus on it not moving so he can't get in.

"I need time. Just go away." I say. I hear a deep sigh then hear him walk away. I sink to the floor and close my eye's. I want things to go back to normal.