Chapter 56

I gasp for air and jolt up. My vision is blurry, the world seems to be spinning and voices scream in the back ground. My eyes finally settle on the black coffin sitting only a couple of feet from me.

"OH MY GOD HOPE OPEN THE DOOR." Mom yells.

"NIKA YOU BETTER PUT THIS BLOCK ON THE ROOM DOWN AND LET US IN." Rebekah yells after mom.

"Hope do as you mother says." Freya says softly. I push myself off the ground and walk to the open coffin and stare at my grey, cold, dad. That dream felt so real I can still feel the pain. But I also feel my hum in my body. I grab the red dagger slice my hand once again then shove my hand in my fathers chest and grip his cold heart.

"PLEASE STOP HURTING YOURSELF." Elijah pleads through the door. I focus the hum moving from my heart to his. I can feel my blood swim onto his heart with electric pulse following it.

"Come back to me." I demand as I focus on his heart pumping. I picture him rising and alive. I'm binding his life onto mine. This isn't possible but I feel as if I can do it. The house is shaking once again letting in a crazy wind. Then I feel it. The small bump in my fist. I ignore the pain in my head. I ignore the blood dripping from my nose as I watch my fathers grey dark face start to change color. As if a bomb has exploded in my dad's chest my hand gets ripped out of his stomach and I go flying across the room. Once my back hits the floor the house stops shaking, there is no more wind and I seem to be drained of my power. As I sit up and stare at the coffin the door breaks open followed by a very worried looking mother. She rushes to me followed by Elijah.

"Hope what were you thinking?" She questions helping me up. But I push past her in wide eyes.

"It's not possible." Rebekah says in almost a whisper but we'll all hear her. We all stare at my now living colorful smirking dad.

"I did." I say with a huge smile and rush to the coffin as he hops out. I notice he goes to fall but I hold him up. Rebekah quickly rushes to hug her brother.

"How did you do it Hope?" Marcel asks standing at the doorway.

"I don't know but we have him back. Always and Forever like we planned." I say hugging onto my dad.

"Indeed Always and Forever little one. I will never leave you again." He says looking into my eyes. "I promise." He says then kisses my forehead.

"Should we talk about how Hope did this?" Mom questions. They're all currently in the library. Cecilia and I sit in my room as we always try to think about how I brought my dead dad back to life. It's never been done before without spells and being reborn. But I did it with some of my blood and focusing my power on him.

"You look like you got hit by a truck." Cecilia says having a worried face on. I won't admit it but I do feel like I've been hit by a truck. My body feels drained and I don't sense that hum anymore. Even if I wasn't using my powers I can still feel the hum in the back of my mind but no it's silent. I'm not scared if I lost my power forever because I would rather live without my powers than my dad. But I also feel the small weight of him on my heart. It's not in a bad way. I just know he depends on me living if he wants to continue living. But then again I don't know if he knows or anybody else knows that his life is in my hands. And I won't let him down.

"Yeah well I did just bring my dad back from the dead. And I'm also starving." I state. Wow I admitted that out loud. The door opens and reveals Elijah with a tall glass of blood.

"Like the great uncle I am. I expected you would be needing some of this." He says handing me the glass.

"Gross." Cecilia says scooting away. I roll my eyes cause she's seen and smelt it before.

"Thank you." I say with a smile and take a drink. The warm liquid falls down my throat and brings that satisfying taste. 

"Hope I would suggest you get some rest. Oh wonderful for you to join us Wesley." Elijah says as Wesley runs through the door. Wesley's hair is slightly out of place. And I don't miss the small amount of blood staining the bottom of his shirt.

"It's Thomas he's not doing so good. The fight really did a number on him." He says grabbing his hair in frustration. I set the cup of blood down to get it out of the way but also because I don't want to waste it.

"Then we need to go to him." I say and jump up. Right as I'm about to pass Elijah he grabs hold of my arm.

"I think it's best you ask your father before leaving." Elijah says in a soft tone. I nod my head.

"What we can't wait that long! He needs us now Hope." Cecilia says walking out the door but stops to look at me. If this was before my dad died I would of ran out of this place without a care in the world but I promised I won't leave. And if I'm going to leave I need his approval. As I walk to the balcony dad is already by the gate.

"I got news of your friend Thomas. I suggest we pay him a visit." Dad says calmly.

"Really?" I ask in disbelief. First of all I know dad does not like Thomas that much and secondly he's letting me leave the house.

"I do not joke Hope. And of corse I shall be joining you." He say with a smile.

"Oh okay. Awesome. Let go." I say then we rush to the gate.