Chapter 28

When i open my eye's i scream and cry. It's dark. Again. Someone turned off the lights and now I'm in my darkness hell. The door opens and the lights get turned on. Dad runs to me and tries to calm me down. I can tell he wants to hold me but i scoot away when he tries to touch me. Same for mom. My screams die down and now all you hear is my quiet sobs. I sit up and keep my eye's locked on my blanket.

"Hope. What's wrong? Please talk to me?" Mom questions softly. I shake my head lightly.

"Kalus." Mom says then she follows dad out of my room. I hear them walk down the hall. I know where there going. This is my chance i will tell them. I get out of bed and walk to my door. I take a deep breath and peak my head out. No one is in the hall. I take a step out and walk in the direction mom went with dad. Please don't let that witch be in there. My footsteps are light as i walk slowly to my dad's office. I can hear voices talking as i come closer to the door. But it just sounds like fuzzy noises as i put my hand on the door knob. With a shaky hand i turn the door knob and push open the door. Everyone's head snaps in my direction. No body moves. Dad sits in the chair by the bookcase. Rebekah sits next to Marcel on the couch on the right side. Cami sits on the other side of Marcel close to dad. Across from them is Mom sitting next to Elijah. Damon stands by the bar.

"Hope." Mom says then stands up. I flinch back as she takes a step forward. She stops with worried eye's. I shake my head.

"Just stay there okay." I say with a light voice. Mom nods her head then sits down. I walk slowly then sit on a single chair that is across from dad. Everyone has a clear view of me. I bring my legs to my chest and hug them. I take a shaky breath then clear my throat.

"I want to tell you some things. Things that left a scar." I say then clear my throat again. I look down at my dad's shoes. Classy but still bad boy. "I don't know where to start." I say softly. Elijah leans forward.

"Take all the time you need Nika." Elijah says. I nod my head lightly.

"I don't want Cecilia around me." I say still staring at dad's shoes.

"Why not Hope? She is your best friend." Mom says leaning forward. I shake my head. I hate her. She can easily betray me.

"I don't feel safe. I don't want her here." I say softly.

"Very well Hope. I will have someone escort her home." Dad says. I look up at him then back down. I clear my throat again.

"Please don't turn off the lights in my room anymore." I whisper. I close my eye's then take a deep breath. I open them and stare at the floor. I can tell their wondering why. I swallow then lick my lips.

"They left me in the dark bleeding. Every time they finished tormenting me they would turn off the lights and leave me there tied to the table. I knew every time the lights went off i would be left in a darkness of pain. Crying myself to sleep was a daily routine. I was scared to sleep. I am scared to sleep because I will see their faces again. I would wake up in pain knowing I would be tortured all over again." I wipe my tears away and clear my throat.

"I screamed for you guys to save me but no one came. I screamed for anyone to save me. I cried for you guys to come. I cried mostly for dad but he never came. None of you came." I take a deep breath.

"It got to the point where i could barely even see anymore. I only heard the sound of metal hitting the table and the laughs of the witches." I stop because dad is in front of me with teary eye's. I look up and everyone is sad. I look dad in the eye's as he grabs my hands.

"I would stare at a window that was boarded up. And pray for you to break it down and take me home." I pull my hands away. "But you never came." I stand up and back away.

"How long was i gone?" I question. Elijah stands up with mom. "How long." I say again.

"It doesn't matter now. Your here and safe." Elijah says. I shake my head and back up more.

"Tell me. TELL ME HOW LONG." I yell. Now everyone is standing. But only mom and dad stand the closest. I look at mom.

"A month and a half." She says. I cover my mouth and sob. Dad tries to hold me but i push him away. That's the thing that scares me the most. All the time those witches got to torment me.

"A month and a half." I sob out.

"A MONTH AND A HALF I WAS BEING KILLED EVERYDAY OVER AND OVER AGAIN." I yell. Everyone freezes with teary eye's.

"You guys don't have the right to cry. I hate you. I would rather die then have these memories of the last month and a half." I spit out.

"Do not speak of such a thing Hope." Dad says almost shouting. I roll my eye's and wipe my tears away with my arm.

"I think i do. It's my life. I cried for you most of the time DAD. But YOU never came. I prayed and prayed you would stop those witches from injecting me with wolf's bane. A way to wake me up. Do you know how it feels to wake up being injected with wolf's bane EVERYDAY. I coughed and choked on my own blood numerous times. It got to the point where my ears will bleed and my tears turned into blood. I prayed you would stop them from shoving a dagger in my stomach. From slicing my arms and legs. From beating me until i was unconscious. Stopping them from pouring wolf's bane down my throat every time i screamed. I prayed you would stop me from choking on my own blood." I stop and back up.

"I gave up on any of you from saving me. But now i just don't care. Waking up to pain and going to sleep in pain made it clear you guys weren't coming." I clear my throat.

"But you guys did come. It just took longer than i expected. And now look at me." I cry. Dad tries to step close but i shake my head.

"I'm scared to close my eye's because i see darkness. I'm scared I'm going to wake up in that room again and hear the laughs of those witches as they tare open my flesh." I take a deep breath. Mom is sobbing. Elijah has tears in his eye's. Everyone is crying. I look at Cami she blinks away her tears.

"You asked why I'm afraid of the bathtub. Because those witches would leave me in the bathtub for hours. Imagine sitting in an ice cold bathtub with your whole body bleeding. THEY CHAINED ME TO THE BATHTUB FOR HOURS. THEY LEFT ME TO BATHE IN MY OWN BLOOD." I yell. I fall to my knees and cry.

"I'm broken, weak, worthless." I cry. When dad pulls me into his arms i don't fight him. "I wish i died sooner." I sob out. Mom cups my face and makes me look at her.

"No Hope. Don't you ever think that okay. I hate myself for taking so long. It killed me everyday to find out where you were. We killed those Fucking witches and their not coming back." Mom says. I look away and barry my face in dad's chest. Again i cry myself to sleep.