Chapter 44

Lucian's Point of View

I rush behind the very family that tore me from this world years ago. I rush behind them with hope that she is okay. That we, I make it in time to save her. Protect her. Why would I care for such a girl, The spawn of my enemy? His only happiness is in the palm of my hands and yet there's not one bone in my body that can harm her. Her hazel eyes consume me, her bright smile warms my heart. Hope is my happiness. I only known this girl for a short period of time but I promise to protect, care, be there for the rest of hers.

The adrenaline in my body makes my feet move faster. Every pulse in my body is telling me I need to hurry. As I follow ahead with Klaus we reach the sight before the others. Klaus is yelling with anger at the witch named Devina. She holds a dagger in the air vertical to Hope's chest. We don't waste another second on rushing towards her. But with those witches wicked hands, they send us flying in the air. I hit the ground breaking the cement under me. I quickly jump up and I am able to grab a male witches throats and pull it out making is head fall off backwards. Just as his head gets out of my sight the silver dagger drops down on Hope's chest. Hope's mother screams the loudest as she pushes past the pain the witches are putting on her. I see Hope choke on her own blood then her body starts shaking. The witch Devina shakes the ground then laughs.

"ENOUGH!" She yells raising her hands in the air. It sends us flying back. I collide with a brick wall then fall into a darkness.

HOURS LATER

"KLAUS!" I hear a women scream. I open my eyes and see bricks. I quickly push the bricks off my body and already feel pain. I can see Hope's mother squeezing Hope close. Hope doesn't move, no heart beat. She's gone. I stare at fragile Hope as the others weep. She was just with me. Alive and breathing. Happy and warm. Now she lays still, like a statue in the winter. I blink rapidly and Klaus gives me a stare. A stare that I know means revenge. He quickly disappears and I'm already on his tail. He went to the exact place I thought he would.

Klaus stands in front of my dear friend Zeena's house. Zeena is a powerful witch. So powerful she brought me back from the dead.

"Klaus, do not force Zeena to do this." I say. Klaus growls and quickly puts me against the wall.

"DO NOT TELL ME WHAT TO DO. I WILL NOT HESITATE ON KILLING YOU AGAIN." He yells. But I don't fight him.

"I will help you Niklaus. We will bring Hope back. We will tear every last one of those conniving witches hearts out. Zeena is my dearest friend. She will do me this favor. She will not be forced." I state clearly. Klaus nods his head then lets go of my jacket.

"If she doesn't I will kill you both." He says then knocks on the red door.

6 MONTHS LATER

The months go by like years. It feels like the pain doubles each day. I have been searching the states for ingredients Zeena put on the list to bring Hope back. Last month I visited New Orleans bringing the head of a witch who was there that night. The witches have separated across the glob because they know they are being hunted down by the Originals.

If we find one, we bring the head back to Klaus. Klaus has turned off his humanity and only finds amusement when killing those who have caused him pain. No vampire dares to step foot in New Orleans without being threatened by the Mikaelson family. Each and every one of them are a bloody mess. Klaus with no humanity makes the Courtier a blood bath. Hayley is following in his footsteps and has threatens her life multiple times. The rest barley speak. It's like they have been frozen in time with her gone. But I will not give up.

TWO YEARS LATER

We did it. We finally got all the ingredients to the spell Zeena provided us. There was a catch of course. Zeena made it so Hope could not come back herself but pure. That was the price. To not bring back another blood sucker. But someone pure. Klaus was desperate for annoying so he agreed even if that meant his daughter would not be immortal.

All who love and care for Hope is here. We wait and wait for Hope to come forward from the dead. The room goes quite as we hear a gasp followed by a quick beating heart. We all stay quite as we listen to that beautiful heart beat. The voices are muffled but that heart beat is strong. I smell her before she enters the room. I hold my breath as Hope hugs her mother both crying. She's here, living breathing. She's so fragile she gasps as Elijah squeezes too tight. I want to rush to her, hold her, comfort her but I already know Klaus will not approve of this. Hope looks exactly the same but we all know she is a completely different person. She's human. She's more fragile than ever. You can see the veins that hold her blood rushing through her cheeks. You can see every goose bumps this cold room gives her, you can hear the heavy beating of her heart. Things that make her different, human.

I watch as she finally looks my way and gives me a smile that makes all my worries disappear. Her heart thumps harder as she looks away from the slight wink I sent her. She's here and she's my Hope. Now only time will tell how we will get our Hope back. I look to my right and Klaus is already staring at me. That look that means it's time to take our city back.

Heyyy guys! Sorry I haven't posted, but I'm back and ready to attacked lol I'm lame.

Someone suggested I did Lucians point of view and I LOVED the idea. So here you go.

This chapter goes back to the day Hope died to the day she came back.

Sorry for the sad chapters but the fun just started and sorry if they're errors, I'm only Human.