Chapter 35

It's two in the morning and I can't sleep. So much things are running through my mind. Questions I really want answers to. What's dads problem with Lucien? He doesn't seem that bad of a guy to me. Is dad and mom seriously going to act like they didn't chain me up? I wonder if they feel stupid for treating like they did? Can't this family be normal for once?!

I'm currently staring at the bottom of my door. Every half hour Dad or Elijah walk past my room. I think to make sure I don't run off again. I look at the door and sense my mom on the other side of it.

"Hope I-i know your mad right now but it's not the time to push us away. We're doing this to protect you. I'm doing all of this to protect you." She says softly. Once again I'm filled with rage. I jump to my door swing it open and look her right in the eyes.

"Protect me! Seriously. YOU CHAINED ME TO A WALL. And for what exactly?" I yell making her step back. The door breaks under my grip. I pull my hand away and wipe the blood on my jeans.

"You can't control it Hope. I'm trying to help you! Look around." She shouts. My eyes flicker to the broken windows and cracks in the walls. I look back at her.

"That's only because you make me so angry." I say grabbing my hair in frustration. With swift movement I'm moving past mom, out of my home. Out of their protection. I walk down the street and follow the music. There's a festival today, it celebrates the red eclipse that will happen in a few hours. Everyone is laughing, singing and dancing. It reminds me of when my dad actually let me have fun. The day of my first hunt and I got my charm bracelet. I smile and look down at my right wrist. The charms sparkle from the lights reflection. Each charm has a wonderful memory.

"Lovely night, don't you think?" A woman's voice says from behind me. I turn around and see a lady around her mid twenties possible thirty. Her skin looks polished as if she never had a scar. Long brown hair to match her brown eyes. It's hard to read her. I know there's something different about her but it seems likes she's normal.

"Seems to perfect." I say and turn around.

"Did you know the red eclipse is said to be a very powerful tool to those who worship it." She states. She's strange but that's not what's bothering me. It's the fact that I now know who she is. I turn fully around and get a better look at her. I now see the charm that hangs from her neck less. It's the symbol of risen witches. As risen witches I mean witches that have past away but has risen from their death by worshipping the dark lord. Perfect it's her. Out of all people it's the one person who wishes me dead the most. The one person who will actually rise from the dead to end my life to steal my powers.

"Devina." I say harshly and step back. As I'm about to run for it more witches come forward. I look over my shoulder and see more witches in black capes coming out of the crowd.

"It's time Hope Mikaelaon. You have lived the eighteen years your great aunt Ester wanted. She told us you would gain full power after your eighteenth birthday. And now we are here to collect what we were promised." Devina says with a red glow in her eyes. I feel my power rush to my finger tips and smirk.

"Sorry but my life is not for the taking." I say and my hands fly up towards her. As I feel my power about to hit her it backfires to me and I get knocked down. I fly in the air for a few seconds before I crash into a tree then drop down. My breath is taken away as my whole body tingles with pain. I choke as air finally reaches my lungs.

"Foolish girl did you not listen. The red eclipse gives us great power. And with that power we will use it to end you. To end Niklaus's only Hope. And to give us the power we need to end the Mikaelaon blood line." She says with a wide smile. A growl escapes my mouth as I go to stand up. The witches form a circle around me and start chanting. A pain rumbles through my bones making me drop. My body shakes as I try to free myself from their hold. But each word that comes out of their mouth sends another shock of pain. It drains me of my strength causing my body to go numb.

"It's time. Bring her." Devina says. I watch as the witch next to Devina with long curly hair smiles. She steps forward and pulls a white blade from her coat. The other witches continue chanting as she bends down towards me then shoves the blade into my stomach. I scream in agony as the blade digs itself into my stomach. It makes my body freeze. I can't move but the pain multiplied. I can feel every cell being ripped apart, every bone shake. The chanting has stopped and now they lift me making the blade shift causing the pain to increase. It's unbearable yet I'm still awake. I watch the sky as the moons get alined and we come closer to out destination.

We're here. In the cemetery on the very stone table that my life will end on. I tried not to believe this was my fate since my father told me of this prophecy. But here I am alone, cold, and in this miserable pain. The witches have tied my legs and arms to the stone, and now stand in a circle around me. The blade still digs at my flesh making my head spin. My vision is now blurry and my body feels like I've been set on fire.

"Brothers and Sisters the day is here. The wait is over and we now can claim our power and take back our town." Devina shouts. She receives a harmony of claps.

"DEVINA STOP!" A man yells. I turn my head to the right and see a blurry figure. I blink rapidly and see Marcel.

"Don't do this Dev. You can stop this. This is n-"

"This is not who you are. Really Marcel. Your pathetic little speech will not stop what is going to happen tonight. If you don't leave now, we will kill you." She states then rips the blade out of my stomach. I scream as it rips open my flesh once more.

"DEVINA I WILL END YOU!" Another voice tells. I squint and see it's my father with Mom, Elijah, Rebekah, Freya, Cami and Lucien.

"Welcome Niklaus so glad you can make it. Are you ready to see me win." She says. I turn my head towards her and begin to shake. I watch as she brings a silver blade up with both hands. I scream.

"Now my Dark Lord..."

"DADDDDD!"

"We sacrifice this witch hybrid..."

"NOO PLEASEEEE"

"To you. You give us the strength..."

"MOMMMM!"

"And the power we need...."

"NOOOO DADDD!"

"To finally end the....." I scream louder and louder. My body continues to shake. Tears flood my eyes. Growls can be heard.

"Mikaelson blood line. To end vampires....."

"DADDDD"

"So with this blade I shall end Hope Mikaelson's life and gain her powers." She finishes. I watch as the blade is raised. I scream.

"NOOOOOO!" Someone yells and the blade comes down on my chest.

TO BE CONTINUED..........

(Pic of Hope on stone)