Chapter 13

"Always and Forever. I'll see you soon" My dad says. He kisses my forehead then walks to his car. Everyone already left my dad wanted to be the last one to say goodbye. Last night was great but i knew it wouldn't last forever. Not until it's safe to go home.

"I love you dad" I shout as he opens the drivers door.

"And i love you baby wolf" He says with a huge smile. He gets in then drives away.

"In all the time i have known Klaus. I have never seen him smile like that" Stefan says. I smile and watch the car disappear.

"Yeah. He made it just for me" I say. I look at Stefan who's smiling.

"I have things to take care of in town. Damon will be home shortly" He says then walks to his car. I wave as he drives away. I walk in the house, grab a blood bag and take my usual seat on the couch. I don't even eat regular food anymore. Every time i try to eat food i get disgusted. All my favorite foods i can't eat anymore. It changes everything cause now no one has to cook for me. What becomes of dinner time at home. I hear the front door open followed by multiple footsteps. Elena walks in with a teenage boy behind her. He's tall, black hair, brown eyes and cute.

"Hope this is my brother Jeremy. Jeremy this is Hope" She says with a smile on her face. Dad never let a boy even get a chance to say hi to me. I jump out of my seat and walk towards him.

"Hope Mikaelson" I say and extend my hand. He smiles then takes my hand.

"Jeremy Gilbert" I smile and let go of his hand.

"I have to meet Stefan in town. Jeremy keep Hope Company." She says then walks out. I take my seat back on the couch. He sits in Damon's seat that is close by the bar.

"A Mikaelson huh. Wow. How's life" He says. I laugh.

"Well I'm hiding out so a bunch of witches don't sacrifice me to get my powers. Other then that wonderful" I say cheerfully. He smiles then bites his cheek with a thinking face on.

"Are you going to school." He asks. I never got asked that question before.

"No. My dad thought it was best i get home schooled. Cause ya know people are always trying to kill me." He chuckles.

"Do you go to school" I question.

"Yeah. I'm a senior" He says then leans back in the chair. Fascinating. I don't understand why dad doesn't let me have guy friends. I think he notices me staring at him cause he raises a brow.

"Sorry your just different from other people I've met." I say putting the empty blood bag on the coffee table. I hear the front door open then close. In walks Damon with his hands behind his back. He only glances at Jeremy before stopping in front of me with a smile on his face.

"I've noticed your missing something very important to you." Damon says. He taps his chin. "What could it possibly be." He says acting confused. He hasn't talked to me since last night.

"I didn't notice i was missing anything Mr. Salvatore." I say crossing my legs. He brings his right hand forward and it's a black hard cover sketch book with a gold bow on it. I take it with a smile. I get up and hug him. "Thank you Damon" I say then i sit back down.

"Now you won't sit in this boring house reading. We all know how exhausting that is" He says then sits in a chair not to far from the couch. I grab a pencil off the coffee table and open the sketch book. "So Jeremy. What brings you here on this lovely day." Damon says sarcastically. I look at Damon then back at my sketch book. I started off drawing his eye's. They always seem so vibrant when he looks at me.

"Elena thinks we need more family time. Whatever that means" Jeremy answers.

"Family time. Wonderful." Damon says. I look up at him and smile. I look back down as i draw more detail into his eye's. I don't need Damon to sit there so i can draw him. I'm just making it seem like i do so he'll stay. I move onto his nose then his lips. I wonder how it feels to kiss him. I shouldn't wonder. My dad will never let me be with someone not until he thinks I'm fit enough. Rebekah told me how dad killed one of her first loves. That was just his sister imagine how it would be for his daughter. I can't risk Damon being killed because of me. I don't know if i could forgive dad if he kills him. But dad doesn't know. He's busy fighting witches. And killing rogue vampires. He doesn't have time to see which boys i talk to. He won't expect it. Maybe.

"Hope" Damon says. I look up and he's still in the same spot but Jeremy is gone. It's already dark outside. How long have i been drawing. I look at my drawing and it's Damon looking at me using that smile i dear so much. I smile and close my sketch book.
"Let's go for a run shall we. After all it is two in the morning" I open my mouth in shock.

"Wow. Yeah okay." I say. I use my vampire speed to put the sketch book on my bed then back down stairs. Damon waits for me by the front door. "Let's do this" I say and he laughs. We race to the first campsite we sense like we always do. Today is two men. One for Damon, one for me. We finish our meal then burn the bodies. I sit next to the fire and Damon takes his spot on my right side like usual.

"The way you looked at me when you were drawing. It made me feel like I'm more than just a monster." He says staring into the fire.

"Like i said before. All the best one's are. And your not a monster. Not to me anyways." I say then rest my head on his shoulder. "Your the reason i smile since I've been here." He turns to look at me.

"I shouldn't be" He says.

"But you are" I reply with a smile. He looks down at my lips the sighs. He turns to look at the fire. "Damon" He doesn't look at me. I jump up and dusk the dirt off my pants. He doesn't look up. I turn around and run home into my room. I kick off my shoes and lay on my belly grabbing a pillow to prop me up. I grab my sketch book and open it. Damon's picture is vibrant, how i see him. But he sees himself dark with no sparks in his eye's. I guess it's best i keep some distance between us until i start understanding my feelings.