One more chance

I found myself in a white room with it's familiar scent. I tried to move my eyes but it just felt so tired.

I'm in a hospital.

It was a little chilly in there but I felt something warm wrapped around my left hand. I tried to look at who it was and it was Angie.

I didn't intend it but I think my hand flinch and that made her wake up.

"Oh my goodness gracious" she remarked. Shock and relief was all over her face as soon as she called out for a doctor and nurse.

"Do you feel alright now Mariana?" She asked and caressed my hair. I could only gave her a faint smile and closed my eyes as she did that. I miss the care of a mother. I miss mom.

The doctor and nurse came in with a rush. After checking all the things that is connected to me right now, thankfully they said my vital signs are working better right now. And they immediately leave the room as they put something on my dextrose.

"I-I'm sorry" she bursted out and her eyes swell up with tears. " I- I shouldn't have brought you in to that situation" she continued and held my hand tighter.

"It's okay Angie" I tried to say but my throat just feels like a sandpaper now. But thankfully, she understood me.

She looked up to me as I tried to reach her face. How could anyone break such a good heart like her?

"It was my choice. Don't blame yourself about what happened to me. I'm alright now" I said and tried to sit up but it was no use, so I just stayed on laying down.

"And please Angie. Don't cry anymore cause I feel a lot more weaker" I joked as I smiled at her.

She smiled at me. "Don't worry Mariana. I won't make you do this anymore." She said and fix the little hairs in front of my face.

I was about to say something but I felt my eyelids getting heavier. It must've been the medicine.

Now, it was two days since I was discharge from the hospital and the two guys suddenly disappeared. Michael and John , I mean. They are no where to be found and I'm back to my old life now.

I'm in the yearly Charitable Hearts event. And today, I'm giving chocolate chip cookies to the kids.

Angie invited me in as their guest of honor. At first , I didn't agree with her I mean I'm a nobody and she just made me one of the most important person in this event.But still, those cute eyes of hers got the best of me so now, I'm standing here in my booth.

"Are you just going to stare at no where here?" Someone asked and I quickly looked ,only to see someone in his 20's guys looking at me like a bored man.

"Excuse me?" I asked. I don't know who's this guy but he is surely weird with that no lenses glass of him. "How may I help you?" I continued and smiled.