Chauffeur ~ Chapter 11

Jason P.O.V

I didn't mean to overhear anything. I was just driving like I was supposed to and it's not like the space between the seats were soundproof.

Saying that to Justin like that wasn't my intention but it's not like he cared given the fact that he brushed it off like it was nothing.

Like I have said before, I'm not the type to be in denial, neither am I the type to bullshit myself so I'll admit that phone call got me jealous. For what reason? to hell if I know, but I feel how I feel.

We headed into the supermarket after grabbing a cart and walked towards the seasoning aisle, Justin trailing behind me.

"Jason," I heard him call out. Looking back, I questioned him with a head nod, "what are you being so bitchy for? what did I ever do?" he asked in a low tone of voice as he got next to me.

"I'm not bitching," I mumbled as he intertwined his left arm around my right one out of nowhere, taking me by surprise.

"You are," he claimed.

"What are you doing?" I asked referring back to our intertwined arms.

"Are you jealous of my phone conversation Jasey?" he pouted making me snatch my arm away from him.

"Why would I be jealous?" I asked as I kept it pushing, "that phone conversation is none of my business. You do and stop doing with your life as you please," I should have stopped there, but I didn't, "I mean, you'd think that after everything you told me you would have some common sense and steer clear of her, but I guess not"

"So I'm right, you're jealous about that phone call," he mocked with a know-it-all smirk.

"I am not jealous," I huffed.

"Oh yeah? because your attitude and that scowl on your face beg to differ," he hummed.

"Get out of my face," I said as I put a couple of seasonings for the meatballs in the cart, "here, do something besides getting on my nerves," I said passing the cart to him. He rolled his eyes and started pushing it.

Yeah, that's more like it.

"We look like a couple grocery shopping for our home," he commented as he looked around himself.

"You're not my type, remember?" I lied.

"I been wondering, how long do you plan on telling yourself that lie?" looking at him for a moment, I tried to find the answer to my question along his facial expressions but there were none, his poker face covered them all leaving me to wonder, how the hell does he know?

"I don't know what you're talking about," I denied this one time for my own sake.

"Hmm, sure you don't," rolling my eyes, I looked at the meat in front of me in hopes of letting this conversation die down, but apparently Justin didn't have the same hopes seeing as the next question rolled out of his mouth, "what is your type again? vulnerable, kind, easy to prey on, feminine yet masculine, soft looking skin and kissable lips, what is it Jason huh?" turning around, I looked at him with mischief.

"Now tell me Justin, why did you just describe yourself?" I questioned with a smirk, now it was his turn to be flustered.

"I did not describe myself," he claimed.

"Honestly, why are we even talking about this?" I said irritated, "even if you are my type, nothing could ever happen between us. You're not gay, you'd never come out as gay, and lastly, we just wouldn't work out. Our lives are too different, my lifestyle could never collide with yours"

"What do you mean could never 'collide' with mine? you're a chauffeur"

"Right," I mumbled moving along to the pasta section.

Looking up, there was an elderly woman just standing there, staring with a creepy smile on her face while carrying a heavy looking bag.

"Do you need any help ma'am?" I asked politely.

"Me? oh no!" she said shaking her head, "keep on shopping with your husband darling," she said making me chuckle, "by the way, you two make a beautiful couple," she said after looking at us.

"Thank you but we are not a couple. In fact, we're hardly acquaintances," I stated.

"Don't listen to him ma'am, we're best friends," Justin falsely testified next to me.

"Well, if you're not a couple yet, I want to hear everything when it does happen," she said looking at Justin.

"We are never going to date," I said as a matter of fact, "he is very much like a child, never knows right from wrong," I said crossing my arms.

"Very mature ass face," Justin mumbled making the old lady's smile widen creepily.

"That's how my parents started, bickering and 85 years later, here I am"

"Well ma'am, he is cute and all but I'm not gay," fuck me.

"Oh I see," she said walking closer, "you're still in Narnia," Justin was about to reply when another elderly woman came along.

"Hey honey, I was looking for you," she said and man was I staring.

"I was just looking at this pair bicker for a while and got distracted," she said, "these are..." she trailed off waiting for us to introduce ourselves.

"Justin," I said pointing at Damsel, "and Jason," I said pointing at myself.

"This is Justin and Jason, and they are not dating," that somehow, somewhat made the other lady laugh.

"Not dating? but they look like they're newly wedded"

"But we are not," Justin argued.

"Sure hun," the lady that started this whole thing said.

"By the way, I'm Sasha and this is Melany, my wife. We have been married for thirty years," the lady that came last stated.

"Well, it was nice meeting you both but we have to go," Justin cut in.

"It was nice meeting you guys as well, be safe now," Sasha said before they both went on their merry way.

"Ready to finish this shopping?" I asked as we moved along with just four items in the cart.

"Thought that it'd never happen," Justin chuckled as we proceeded to buy the ingredients for our meal.

Today has been something.