Chauffeur ~ Chapter 35

Justin P.O.V

Pace.

That's all I could do. It has been more than 20 hours and I still knew nothing about Jason. The doctor have not said a peep. To make things worst, the doctor hasn't even come out of that surgery room making my anxiety reach the sky.

Why, Jason? Why did you do this for a damn picture?

I know there's more to the story, but all I know is that Jason left me, his job and family because I posted a picture with Selena. Which was years old and meant absolutely nothing despite the caption I so foolishly wrote.

My thoughts were interrupted when a door slammed against a wall making my head snap up. A man in a blue surgical gown walked out covered in blood as he looked around frantically.

"We need blood! AB+ blood, anybody!" He yelled making people stop what they were doing and stare at him in terror, "AB+ anybody! We are losing Jason McCann due to excessive blood lost!" My eyes widened for a second before I ran towards the doctor.

"Me. I have AB+, " I rushed making the doctor look at me. Without much of a word, he led me inside. Stopping in front of a nurse, she handed me a blue visitor gown which I put on without a second to waste. The doctor led me to a room and as soon as he opened the door, the heavy smell of blood and people shouting at each other reached my nostrils and ears making me cringe.

"I want you to take a seat on the chair next to his bed," he instructed.

"Wait, why am I in the surgery room?" I asked as I stared wide eyed at Jason. I stared as my King Kong laid on that bed, bloody and lifeless.

"We need to do this as soon as possible and the blood needs to be passed to him directly or he won't make it," I swallowed the lump in my throat and took a seat next to Jason. Closing my eyes instantly as I dreaded looking at him cut open everywhere the bullets penetrated his body. Laying my arm out, I felt it being tied up with an elastic band just above my elbow. A few seconds later, a needle penetrated my skin making me close my eyes tighter, "how much blood are you willing to give?"

"Whatever is needed," I mumbled.

"He have lost a lot of blood, son and it's dangerous to take that much out of a single person," he warned but I wasn't listening to half the shit he was saying, I just wanted King Kong to come out alive.

"I don't care. Take all my blood if it's necessary but you are going to save him," without another word my blood was being transferred to Jason. Opening my eyes, I turned my head slightly and stared at him. There was a white tube in his mouth as two pieces of tape held his eyes closed. His chest and stomach bathed in blood as his hair was hidden in one of those blue caps. "How much time will this take?" I asked the doctor as I kept staring at Jason.

"We don't know. Two of the four bullets are giving us trouble. One wrong move and the patient will die." My heart collapsed just then and there, my eyes watered and my hands were shaking. He deserves better, way better than this.

An hour has passed and I was still transferring my blood to Jason. I was feeling dizzy and lightheaded but I didn't dare open my mouth to complain, Jason needs my blood and that's what he is getting.

I've been staring at him this whole time. Praying that he wakes up safe and sound. Wishing and hoping that a higher power brings him back to me because if I'm being honest, I don't think I will be able to get past this. I will not move on, at all.

"You're all done here. Thank you for your help," I heard the doctor say making me nod and get off of the chair slowly. The same doctor got ready to escort me back out but I turned around and looked at Jason one more time.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled before hanging my head low and following the doctor outside.

"We will let you know what's happening or if we need more blood. Tell the nurse to give you something to drink, you're dehydrated," I nodded numbly and walked back to where Scooter was waiting patiently.

"What happened?" He asked as soon as he saw me taking a seat.

"He is barely making it," I whispered, "my King Kong is not fighting hard enough for his life." My vision was blurring once again with unshed tears.

"Don't think like that. Jason is going to make it and maybe then, you'll have the balls to tell him how you feel," I chuckled bitterly at his statement.

"I told him I'm bisexual, he let me walk out of his life," I stated.

"Maybe he was not ready to hear that."

"Maybe I was not ready to tell him, but I did because I didn't want to lose him," I retorted.

"How about you tell me why you call him King Kong instead?" He asked with a soft smile. Obviously wanting to change the subject.

"A few after he started calling me Damsel. It was out of spite but I soon found a meaning for it," I chuckled through my tears.

"Damsel?"

"Yeah. You see how most of the time I'm stressed and everything? Well, once Jason said that I'm always in distress and called me Damsel. Adding that I was as pretty as a girl. In return, I started calling him King Kong because he is prideful like one. He thinks he is tough like one and he is strong like one. You remember the movie? How King Kong would always safe that girl once he found her? Well, same with Jason. Ever since I've known him he has always protected me. He has been there for me and just like King Kong made the girl smile, Jason makes me smile and makes me feel happy. It's why I call him my King Kong. Even though him calling me Damsel doesn't have meaning at all, that I know of, calling him King Kong does have a meaning for me," I rambled.

"Would you look at that," Scooter laughed.

"What?" I asked confused as I looked over to him.

"You were smiling the whole time you were talking about Jason. Which was approximately fifteen minutes," I shook my head as that soft stupid smile played on my face again, "Justin?" Scooter called out.

"Hmm," I replied looking back at him.

"I know you for being a fighter. You've always fought for what you want so don't stop fighting for Jason, son. If he means so much to you, don't let him go. I am going to tell you, that kid means well. More than well actually and I wouldn't want you to lose someone like that." That made me start sobbing without any warning.

"How am I going to fight for him when he is not fighting for himself? He is in a coma as he is being operated on, Scooter," I cried. I felt his arms wrapping around me as he made me lean on him.

"He is going to pull through," he mumbled.

"You don't know that," I cried, "don't give me false hopes, please. I wouldn't be able to cope if I hold onto what you're saying and the doctor tells me otherwise," I sobbed.

"Shh," Scooter shushed me as he stroke my arm.

"I swear I don't feel the same for Selena anymore Scooter," I cried heavily.

"What?" He asked dumbfounded.

"Jason. He quit that day because of the picture I posted of Selena and I back in 2011. That picture meant nothing but Jason didn't take it like that. I love Selena but in a friendly way. It's not how I loved her a year or two back but Jason thinks I'm still infatuated with her and I'm not. I swear I'm not and the only person I want is him, Scooter, Jason"

"I know," he cooed.

"I only want Jason," I sobbed into Scooter's shoulder.

"If you tell him just that when he makes it, I assure you things will get better," I nodded and kept quiet against Scooter's shoulder.

Only praying King Kong makes it.