Chauffeur ~ Chapter 85

Narrator P.O.V

Jason thought Justin hung up on him as soon as he got his last word out, but it was not how Jason's brain was making it out to be. Justin's phone was ripped out of his hand, at the worst timing, by his mother.

Pattie didn't know that by doing that, she was pushing Jason to his very last limit. She was not only forcing, but encouraging Jason to do something even more stupid than just cutting because in Jason's mind, if Justin couldn't forgive him for the mistakes he have done, nobody else could because for Jason, there was no one else more forgiving and caring than Justin and so Jason decided.

If Justin couldn't forgive him, no one else could.

"I told you I don't want you talking to Jason. Ever again, Justin. Look where he got you. Look where you are because of him" Pattie said as she hung up the phone.

"How do you even have the conscience to say something like that? And now more than ever, mom?" Justin said calmly, trying to stay calm but it was not helping at all.

"What are you talking about?"

"Jason told me everything. Everything you and the rest have been to way too afraid of telling me. Jason opened my eyes when none of you, who supposedly care about me, could even start to explain"

"What are you talking about?"

"When were you going to tell me I had a miscarriage, mom? When were you going to tell me Jason and I were dating and basically the whole wide world knows we were going to have a baby? When were you going to tell everything Jason has been going through only to protect me?! When were you going to give him an ounce of credibility for the things he have gone through only to assure my safety?!" Justin spat.

"Don't you see where his actions got you, Justin? Can't you see that boy only spells trouble?"

"And can't you see we need each other?!" Justin yelled "Can't you see that man has been through hell and back only to protect me? Can't you see that man has been beating himself up for what happened to me? Can't you see that man is suffering for the loss of a baby I can't even remember making but he does and it kills him? Can't you see every kiss we ever shared kills him knowing I can't remember them? Can't you see the lengths that man would go to only to make sure I'm alright? If you could only hear him talking about what we've gone through, you could tell how much that man loves me and I hate myself for not remembering every single detail of our relationship.

So with all due respect, mom, you do not have a say in this relationship. You do not know what have happened to us because up until you found out I had an accident, you were leaving off in the island of Hawaii without a worry in the world and to be honest, I could only tell Jason has been the main reason I'm in one piece. Not because of you, not because of Scooter, not because of bodyguards, but because of Jason and his friends. And I don't know about you or the rest of the world, but I owe my life to Jason McCann. Now, please hand me my phone. If anything happens to Jason because you hung up on him, I will never forgive you. You hear me? Never"

Pattie looked at Justin for a second before nodding slowly and handing him the phone. As Justin dialed Jason again, Pattie sighed heavily and walked out of the room before closing the door behind her. The phone rang and rang but Jason didn't pick up. With every ring, Justin's heart was pounding against his ribcage.

"I don't need to hear it" Jason replied and Justin couldn't have felt more relieved.

"Hear what?"