Chauffeur ~ Chapter 37

Justin P.O.V

I stared at Scooter, frozen in place. Unable to make any sound or move a hair in my body. What he said couldn't be more wrong. Jason wasn't dead. He was tricking me. Scooter wanted me to lose my mind, that's what he wanted.

"You're lying. Stop it, Scooter. It's not funny now and it will not be funny when you tell me it's a joke," I snapped.

"I would never joke about that, Justin," he whispered as if he was afraid I would lose it if he talked any louder.

"No," I whispered, "he cannot be gone, Scooter. He- he needs to know how I feel about him."

"Jus-"

"Scooter, I swear if you tell me to calm down I will punch you," I said in a low tone of voice. Trying to register what was happening.

"It's not like we can do anything about it." My head snapped up and I stared at him.

"You're not joking?" I asked. The answer being my biggest fear at the moment.

"I'm not joking, Justin."

"Don't say it."

"Jason is dead." I started shaking my head at a rapid pace. In denial of everything Scooter was telling me.

It's not true.

Everything is a lie.

Jason is not dead.

My King Kong can't be dead. .

"I need to see him. I need to see with my own two eyes that Jason is not here with me anymore. That he is not breathing," he nodded and told me to finish packing so I can be escorted out of the arena.

As I left the dressing room, I got a text from Aide only making everything more real for my dislike.

From: Aide
Jason just passed away. I'm so sorry. Trust me, I was your #1 shipper and I'm mad lil Junior is not around. Jason is going to pay for that in hell.

And just like that text came in, so did everyone's that worked for me thanks to Jason.

From: Maxwell
I'm sorry, man. Trust me, Jason liked you a lot.

From: Michael
You're not the only one suffering, but I do know how hard this must be on you. I'm sorry, man.

From: Alonso
Don't take this so hard, Jason is in a better, less painful place for himself. Be happy about that. Sorry, man.

From: Jeffrey
I'm not gay, but you and Jason were cute as fuck. And I know y'all were head over heels for each other. Sorry, bro. We're all in the hospital, come thro.

My breathing got irregular as I shook my head at every text. As if being in denial will change the facts. The facts that I want so badly to be wrong. I held my tears back and blinked them away as I put my phone away.

"Lets go, Scooter," I said making him rush after me. Not caring who saw me rushing or how the paparazzi were taking shots of me.

I needed to get to my King Kong.

~~

I ran down the hallways of the hospital and to the room I left Jason in earlier. As I approached it, I saw his family outside as they sobbed loudly.

Slowing down my sprinting, I felt like I was going to faint. I walked ever so slowly to them, afraid of everything that was about to happen. Starting with the greeting up to when they tell me in person, their brother, son and friend have- I can't even say it.