Chauffeur ~ Chapter 95

Jason P.O.V

"Heather you need to under---"

"No, Franklin, you need to understand that I will not raise a kid I don't want. I don't want it. Every time I'm going to look at it, it will remind me of the hell my life has been and I don't want to live in that shadow forever... It's not something I'm willing to do. I'm sorry" Franklin's sister said as her last words as she wiped her face.

"So there is no talking you out of the adoption"

"No... At least I'm letting it live. When it grows it should be glad I didn't kill it" I don't know why bu the way she was talking about the baby she was carrying inside of her made me feel uneasy.

"Why are you referring to a human being as an 'it'?"

"I don't know the gender of it"

"What? How come? You're almost giving birth and you don't know the gender of your own baby?" 

"I was kidnapped. Not off to la-la-land living my incredible life, Franklin" 

"I'm sorry for putting my nose in what it's obviously not my business" Jeffrey started saying "But I think she is right. She is only nineteen and the child she is carrying is from a rapist... I'm not saying the kid will grow to be a rapist but... I don't know I just think she is right. If she doesn't want the kid, she shouldn't have it" He said.

"You are not what your parents are" I said taking offense to what Jeffrey had said "You're your own person and your kids grow to be how to raise them. If some turn out the way they do it's because they want to"

"I agree bu---"

"Are you going to tell me that if I have a kid, it will grow up to be a criminal because of how I am? Or will it grow up to be a person of good because of how I raise it?" 

"You're right" Jeffrey said quietly as he took another sip of his drink letting the subject sit.

"Look Heather" I started "It's your choice what you want to do with that child. You're the one giving birth to it and whatever it is. Whatever you want to do, do it because you're the one with your future in your hands. It's not your brother and it's not any of us. You want to give it up for adoption? Great, go ahead but don't regret it when years go by and you find out the one kid you gave up for adoption is the greatest doctor or athlete or model or actress around here. You want to keep it? Amazing but if by any chance it turns out anything like their father, don't start looking back and contemplating why you didn't go through with the adoption. Instead ask yourself where did you go wrong at raising it. If you decide to keep it, it's not going to be alone. It's going to have a mother and an uncle plus you're not going anywhere any time soon so we will be here for it too. Any man can be a father and you're still young so just think before you act" Heather stared at me for a minute before nodding slowly. 

"Thank you" She mumbled quietly.

"No need" I said as I stood "Aide, take her and look for Jimena. Help her get cleaned up and look for some comfortable but dressy clothes that fits her. I'll go ahead and call the family's doctor to look at her and see if everything is okay with her. Jeffrey, tell the chef to cook dinner and all of you, I want you well dressed and at the dining room as soon as dinner is served. I think it's time we have a night rid of all worries and guns and all that shit. Michael, I want you to run down to the grocery store and buy some Monsters to mix with the drinks and bring Heather some juice that doesn't taste nasty. Franklin, you can go help the chef since Jimena is with your sister and Aide. Maxwell... Do what you do best kid and start looking for the best music you have in your playlist" As soon as I finished handing out assignments, I felt Justin's soft hand intertwining with mine making me look at him with a lifted, questioning eyebrow.