Chauffeur ~ Chapter 30

Justin P.O.V

"Jason quit"

At that same moment, as soon as those words left Scooter's mouth, I felt my heart stopping and dropping to the pit of my stomach. My breathing became irregular and I could feel myself starting to cold sweat even though I was completely soaked from my last performance.

"What do you mean Jason quit?" I asked in disbelief.

"That's what he wanted to talk to me about. He told me that he had to go back home immediately but that the people he brought to work for you will stay and make sure the job he once had keeps getting done," Scooter explained.

"Why did he have to go home?" Maybe he did get some bad news over the phone, but does that really explain why he wouldn't let me touch him?

"I don't know. He just said he had to go and that he was sorry." Even Scooter looked confused out of his mind about Jason's sudden departure, he tried to act like he normally would, "go get ready. We have to go."

"Kay," I mumbled and started walking to my dressing room when Scooter stopped me.

"Oh and Justin," I turned around and looked at him emotionless.

"Hmm?" I hummed.

"Jason wanted me to thank you for getting him in too deep." If I was confused before, you wouldn't even start to understand how confused I was right now.

"Thank me for getting him in too deep?" I asked in confusion.

"I guess he was talking about the job. I don't know, he didn't elaborate on that. He just left." Without another word, I walked into my dressing room and closed the door. Pressing my back against it, I sighed deeply and gripped my hair tightly.

What is going on?

I couldn't start to comprehend anything. First, Jason is normal, acting like always, being his annoying self, calling me damsel, kissing me so suddenly and so often. Then, he is like an iceberg, he wouldn't talk, he would push himself away from me, he would ignore me or change the topic if I was trying to find out what was wrong. Lastly he disappears? Without saying much? And what does he mean by I got him in too deep?

Everything is so confusing!

~*~

Walking out of the venue, fans were scattered around as they waited for me. As soon as their lenses focused on me, they started screaming and running towards me. Aide wasn't having any of it and stepped in.

"Shut the fuck up!" She screamed at the top of her lungs. The screams stopped abruptly as they stared wide eyed at Aide, "I want you all to step all the way back and let us through before I start serving hands," she said loudly and people started parting ways.

Not saying a word, I walked towards the car with my head low and just got in. Not knowing who was going to drive the car I was in, I was surprised it was going to be Aide.

"Why are you driving?" I asked when she sped out of the venue.

"Jason ordered me to do so when he gave us instructions." Today seemed to be the day where I stay permanently confused because I understood nothing, about anything.

"Gave you instructions?"

"Yes. As to what to do and whatnot," she said with a smile on her face as I looked at her through the rear mirror.

"What?" I asked dumbfounded.

"I know you heard me, boy." Through the million questions that were running through my mind, only repeated itself a zillion times.