Chapter 38 - You? No! Yeah Okaaayyy.

Hey, Happy Reading fellows. ❤

Nandini ran towards the place where she was asked to be. She found a scroll hanging without wasting more of her time she picked it up to check what does it says.

"Lets start a new journey, reminiscing old us. Take some more steps you'll understand everything."

Nandini: What does this means, where is manik?

Nandini couldn't get the real meaning of that note that moment. She took some more steps forward and found another note. Picked it and read.

"Your childhood crush."

Nandini: What! Manikk? Is this you?  Kahi yeh harshad to nae.. but cabir said manik is waiting for me here why would he gang up with harshad. He's manik's friend - but where the hell is manik?

Saying that nandini took some more steps and found one more note.

'Our deep talks at the age of 6, thinking how life would change as we grow up."

This note confused her like anything. Well she saw another note  hanging. She walked towards it.

"Confused much? Well, I'd say hold on. Sab samajh aajaye ga. Pick up the other note lying on the floor."

She picked that note.

"Us fighting with other colony kids that we want to play together just two of us - a team. As I was possessive about you. Ehem, Okay no but I felt that Arnav guy had bad intentions. Yeah at the age of 6 I thought that way."

Nandini: What the hell! Yeh sab to mannu. I mean yeh sab manik ko kaise pata! Manik man.. NO ! What am I even thinking.

She walked a little more and she landed up in artificial garden sort of thing - It was beautiful. A perfect setting to confess. She saw another note.

"Madam, complete your sentence you just said."

Nadini: Complete your sentence.. What.. Manik is mannu hai!  What. How is this possible.

Manik: It is possible chashmish.

Manik spoke. Nandini turned to locate him but she was standing alone like before manik was not there. She called his name but he didn't show up but his voice from somewhere continued.

Manik: You don't wear glasses anymore but you're chashmish for me. Forever.

Nandini just smiled - All this puzzled her. One thing was clear that Manik is her childhood bestfriend Mannu but then this was shocking.

Manik: Our fights, hide and seek and making each other jealous by talking to other guys and girls of the society. Basically that's the result of watching srk movies at that age. Hahah.

Nandini too laughed.

Manik: Hann. Laugh a little more.
Sharma uncle ki car puncture karna, pammi aunty ki bell baja ke bhaagna.
Jab me tumhe tung karta tha to dad ka tumhe bachana mujhse.

Nandini: Aur jab me tumhari chocolates kha jati thi. You used to compliant my dad like a kid.

Manik: Excuse me. I was a kid.

Nandini: You're no less even now.

Manik: Ha ha ha. Very funny.

Nandini: Funny nahi. Fact hai.

Manik: Acha shut up. Jab dekho larne keh liya tayyar rehti ho. Let me continue.

Nandini: Fine mottu mannu.

Manik: Aye chashmish. Don't call me that. I'm not fat now. Oh wait nor I was.

Nandini: So even you stop calling me chashmish even I don't wear specs now.

Manik: Yeah whatever. Yeah so if I start with our stories then they'll never end and we'll need another life to meet. So yeah. Those years spent with you were the best ones. You were not there but your memories were. I went abroad but I didn't stay there for long. I came back to Mumbai but never came back to that house. I tried getting in touch with you but then I failed. I got to know about uncle's death and amms told me you guys don't stay there anymore. I lost that day but there was a hope that I will meet you guys one day. It happened. Yeah it did. I met you - though our meeting was quite eventful but then it's destiny who wanted us to meet. I thought our meetings were just coincidences but no it's destiny who wanted us to keep meeting for some reason and that reason is now clear. It wanted Manik to meet Nandini rather Mannu to meet Chashmish.

Nandini: Manik. Would you mind coming out from where your hiding. Today chashmish wants to meet mannu. Please.

Manik came from the back and called nandini's name. She turned and saw him standing right in front of her eyes. Smiling. Nandini ran from her place, reached the spot where he was standing and hugged him tight. She was up in the air, in his arms - tight. Nandini started to cry, right there in his arms. He could feel her crying. He broke the hug and made her stand on her feet. Wiped her tears.

Manik: Aray tumhe itna dukh hai mannu se milne ka? Tumharay lye manik hi theek hai. Nahi? Mannu will find someone else.

Nandini: Shut up manik.

Manik: Okay okay. Fine - both manik and mannu at your service madam. Bolo why did you cry?

Nandini: I don't know. I just couldn't hold my tears.

Manik: You're a horrible liar.

Nandini: It's just that I missed you and I didn't know you were this close me. Now I know which string's connected which made us stand in front of each other every freaking time.

Manik: Yeah.

Nandini: Manik. I never wanted to go but situations and then when I was used to of everything in London and my life there - I had to return back to where I started. I wouldn't have come if mom ke saath wo sab nahi hua hota. Well.

Manik: Wese nandini, last night you said if someone gives you a chance to move back to London you'd accept it happily. What about now?

Nandini: What about now? My answer is still same. I would love to move back to London. Ella ha waha.. my business school.

Manik: Yeah right. You had a perfect life there. Tum na jao wapis. Tumhe yaha aana he nae chahye that.

Nandini: Aww. Manik you're so cute. Yesterday, at the beach I thought you're jealous of mannu but then mannu is you. Wese manik.. Tumne raat ko kyu nae bola?

Manik: Because I wanted things to be this way.

Nandini: OOHH! Like that.

Manik: Bohat pasand aagaya hai mera jacket?

Nandini: Huh?

Manik: Yeah, my jacket. For how long you're going to keep it hanging on your arm?

Nandini: Oh yeah. Sorry. Here.

Nandini gave manik his jacket and moved to the other side. She had thousands of things running in her head that time. How? When? What? But answers were no where. Manik could feel change in her attitude. He walked towards her and asked.

Manik: Nandini? What happened? What are you thinking?

Taa-daan. Hogayaaa. :) Milte hain next update me. Jald hi. Tadaaa.