Chapter 40 - Manik Malhotra, Just friends?

Heeeyyy. After a week, first of all sorry for updating late. I was not well then I updated other stories.
You know what? My story has crossed 107K mark!
Seriously, this is an achievement! Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. 😍💝
You guys have been a great support, I write three stories and all three are liked by you guys. I mean this is amazing! 👀❤
I was pushed by one of my friend to start writing and I thought it could be a bad try but no. It isn't.
Chalo, enough of blabbering - Happy Reading. ❤

Nandini reached home - with a heavy heart. This was pretty obvious, how things shaped up for her is not so pleasant.
Her rest of the day went normal and slow. Always lively nandini was lost somewhere which didn't go unnoticed by the rest of family members. They did ask her but she said, it's just study burden. Was it really that?
She rammed inside her room after having dinner.

Nandini: Manik Malhotra, you're just friend na. Fine. Now I'm going to tell you the right place of just friend! 😊
I'll make you regret those sentences of yours! Just wait and watch.

Saying this nandini removed her iPad from the drawer and called ella.
She picked up the call in some rings.

Ella: Hey nans! How are you beautiful?

Nandini: I'm fine. How are you?

Ella: Nandini! I'm fine, what happened to you? You sound dead low? All's cool?

Nandini: Yeah pretty much!

Ella: Nandini Murthy, it's ella maheshwari on the other end so just shut up and puke out. Right now! Or else I have my ways!

Nandini: It's just college tension. That's it.

Ella: This proves that nandini murthy is a horrible liar.

Nandini: Fine!

Ella: That's like a good girl. 😉

Nandini told ella every single bit, she knew manik but in other manner - he was just his first kiss guy, but now suddenly his identity is changed. He's not just a random guy whom nandini kissed but nandini is falling for him! And the other shock is no less, he's her bestfriend - childhood bestfriend!

Ella: What the hell! Nandini, tera God se koi panga hua tha kya? Before landing on earth? Seems like he's taking revenge.

Nandini: Seems like that only! Idek how to deal..

Nandini couldn't complete her sentence as she found her phone ringing.

Nandini: Ella, I'll speak you later. Someone is calling me. Bye. I love you.

Ella: Yeah okay. Call me later okay? Good night, bye. Love ya.

Nandini didn't even bother to cut the call, ella did. She walked to the window with her phone.

Nandini: Who's this unknown number calling me that too at this hour?!

She picked up the call as she had to check who's on the other end.

Nandini: Hello?

Hello, yeah! Come down - I'm standing right in front of your house.

Nandini: What! No! Manik leave.

Manik: Nandini Murthy, come down or else I'll come up stairs and I have my ways you know that!

Nandini: Manik what is your problem. I'm not coming.

Manik: Nandini stop acting like a kid. Come down!

Nandini: Wait, where did you get my number from? You stole it from college administration! Wow.