You decide to explore-{Fixed}

(Let's be real here, we all knew the first two chapters needed Jesus in a different way and imma fix that shit.)

~Enjoy~

The blazing heat of the fire kissed (Name)'s skin as he glided his hand over top of the iron chest plate. He knew what he was going to do was risky, he didn't need to be told twice to know that, but he also didn't want to seem like some helpless child to Steve. So, he made a plan to show Steve that he could survive on his own out in the dark, but first he needed to get dressed before stepping into the night.

He slipped on all the necessary pieces of his puzzle-like armor and smiled to himself as he made small movements, trying to get use to the overall unnatural feeling of the metal digging against his clothes.
Despite rubbing in weird places, he was confident with his new ensemble and snagged sword from the chest beside the blast furnace. The smooth blade shown beautifully in the moonlight and (Name) almost felt rather unnerved in holding such a weapon, but it was too late to be acting chicken now.

After a short rummage through more chests for food and supplies, (Name) pulled his inventory sack close against him as he snuck quietly through the house. He passed the bedroom and could hear Steve snoring loudly in his sleep. The man was a heavy sleeper, so surely he wouldn't notice if (Name) left and came back by morning.
The shorter male soon came upon the main door and paused in his movements. What he was about to do felt rather unnatural to him and he knew that he needed to be careful, Steve always warned him of the creatures that lurked in the dark and (Name) wasn't much of a fighter.
But he watched Steve take care of business before, so surely that should be enough to help him in his travel.

With a deep breath and hand upon the door, he pushed through and walked out, giving the sigh of relief at hearing the soft music play through the air. A smile etched onto his face and he headed forward.

———

A quick run through of items and (Name) surely was proud.
He got the chance to run into a few villages, collecting whatever grains they had in their gardens and then heading to the forests and grabbing any sort of wood that he thought Steve would have needed.
But it was at this moment in the night that began to scare him.

It was quiet, the soft music being the only noise to keep him company until a hiss ran through his ear drums.

Before he could react or even pull the sword from his inventory, the creeper blew into nothing but a cloud of smoke.

Leaving (Name) five hearts lower in health.

Said man grunted, collecting himself and looking to his hunger as his stomach rumbles for food. Unfortunately, the only food he hadn't eaten was just a few stocks of wheat that he found in the nearest village.
So, he did what he could.
With a reckless energy, he stuck some wood into the crafting square and hurriedly made planks, then a table.

Yet once again, luck didn't seem to be on his side.

Another hiss rang through.

(Name) took off in any direction he could, taking the table with and looking desperately around for any sort of hideaway from the monsters that plagued the terrain.

He came upon a cave.

Knowing that this was his last option, he took it.

Coming upon the stone and granite opening, he gave a sigh before setting the table onto the ground. He crafted some bread, about one loaf with some extra wheat, and ate happily.
Yet that still wasn't enough to raise him but five hunger points. He still had many to refill.
With little to no hope left (Name) broke the table and stuck it back into his inventory as he walked a bit further into the cave.

Bad idea.

He paused as the sound of loud groaning echoed off the walls, his sword now in his hand and just about to break as he readied himself. Much to his dismay, he was met with four zombies and a skeleton.

He gave a gulp and began swinging, doing anything to keep them somewhat at bay and as far away from him as possible.

It wasn't until the first zombie died did his sword break, the blade snapping in two as it fell to the floor at his feet. His axe had broken much longer before he had the encounter which left him absolutely helpless.

He began breathing heavy.
Backing away as they crept further and further until his back met cool stone, the iron scrapping against it with an ear wrenching sound.

(Name) sniffled and crouched, ready for the zombies to begin feasting on his flesh when he heard a grunt from behind and the sound of bones hitting the floor.

In a matter of moments, the zombies had cleared and there stood his savior.
Steve.

Said man was breathing heavily and holding his diamond sword in a tight fist as his eyes held worry and fear, he moved the weapon into his inventory as he came before (Name) and cupped his face.

"Why are you out so late!? You could have gotten killed if I didn't find you in time!"
His boyfriend worried as (Name) held Steve's hands in his own much smaller, and slightly bruised/cut ones. He only let Steve rant on about his safety for a short moment longer before he leaned up and connected their lips, wrapping his arms around the larger mans neck.

Steve, at first, was taken aback by the sudden movements before he melted into the gesture, pulling (Name) flush against his chest as he sighed into the kiss.
He was the first to separate as (Name) looked to him with tears just beginning to threaten with falling at any moment.

"I'm sorry. I just thought that I could do it by myself and...well....I wanted to show you I could fight too."

(Name) admitted in a small, broken voice.
Steve couldn't help but smile as he looked into his boyfriend's eyes.

"You don't need to prove anything to me, (Name)! But that also means that you need to stop putting yourself into danger. I don't think I can handle with losing you."

He said in a gentle voice as he rubbed his thumbs against the dirty skin of (Name)'s cheeks.

"Come. Let's get you home and healed. You look like a mess."
Steve said as he helped (Name) to his feet and out of the cave. They trotted back home easily as Steve was there to help him now.
———

Steve smiled as he looked to (Name).
"Next time you want to go exploring at night, let me know. And don't leave without potions either! Those things are bigger life savers than you realize!"

He said as (Name) laughed and nodded.

"Okay! Okay... I will."

He said before they shared another small kiss and cuddled up before falling fast asleep.