Ruler (Real World)

This might be long, so brace yourselves.

Enjoy.

____________________________

Curtains were pulled upon the large windows that were of one of the rulers over the M.I.N.E. society's bedroom. He laid still on the bed, dress shirt fully unbuttoned yet the bottom was still tucked in, his dark brown hair a mess and a cigarette upon his lips. Yet, the room was rather neat for a man of his current appearance.

The co-ruler of a strong and growing society must be organized even in his private rooms.

No clothes were thrown anywhere or found on the floor.

No trash to be found except in the steel wire bin.

A perfect bedroom. For a seemingly perfect man.

............

Gray clouds hung in the sky as Steve fixed his black tie. Looking in the full mirror that was against the wall, he checked to make sure that everything on him was as clean as it should be. No stains or creases on his navy blue suit or undershirt, shoes nicely shined.

Perfect.

A knock was suddenly heard upon his door and he snapped his head in it's direction. He fixed his cuffs and slipped on his black watch before he walked over to the thick wooden door. His day was ready to begin.

As he opened it his secretary stood before him, dress attire with a small smile on his face as he clung to a tablet that he held against his chest.

"Good morning Mr. Notch."

Steve nodded with a small grin at the slightly younger (and shorter) man as he stepped past him, the secretary following close behind at a steady pace.

"To start you day sir, your brother scheduled a meeting with you at 11. He wishes to discuss the military plans with you and the head general before lunch."

Steve nodded with a hum as they both walked down a long and wide hallway as other workers for the rulers were bustling here and there, moving off to the sides of the hallway with a nod as they greeted Steve.

"Good morning ruler."

They all said.

Steve quickly snagging a cup of hot coffee off of a refreshment table as he pressed on to his office at the end of the hallway.

"Sir!"

Steve hadn't realized it but his secretary had been trying to call for his attention for a good minute. With a stop to his walking Steve turns around to face the shorter man as he almost bumps into him, taking a few steps back to look up at him.

He takes a deep breath in before continuing.

"Before we stopped, I was trying to inform you that your brother also told to meet with you at dinner time. He didn't say anything in addition,sir."

With a roll of his eyes Steve scoffed.

"Just listen to this, my brother wanting to fill my day with his face, typical."

A chuckle rises in his throat as his secretary gives off one as well. Steve soon turns back around to complete the distance to his office.

.....................

Steve watched the clock with hawk like tendencies. Like it was his prey. And he was planning an attack.  Yet once the clock shone 10:30 he stood to his feet and nodded to his secretary that they needed to leave for the meeting.

It's best to always leave early, being late is not tolerated in this society.

(Name) picked up his tablet and jogged over to the door to meet Steve as he waited with a hand on one door knob. They both made their exit and headed toward the elevator.