Monster

(Inspired by what I use to write on my old -deactivated- Deviantart blog. Yes I still wrote x readers with Steve back then. But they weren't gay lol.)

----------------------

The wind howled against the glass of the one block tall windows along the wall, Simon was fast asleep whilst the four year old cuddled with (Name)'s tamed wolf.
(Name) couldn't sleep and decided that the best option to help with the problem would be taking a walk around the house. Placing his armor upon himself he took up a sword for protection before exiting through the front door.

The snow crunched underneath of his armored boots and the temperature made clouds out of his breath. Moon shining brightly (Name) stared upon the mountains with a slight smile.

Silence was all that was heard upon the terrain aside from (Name)'s steps, trailing away from the home little by little until he found himself embedded in a forest of spruce trees.

"Fuck. I went too far. Can barely even see the damn chimney from here!"

A sigh voiced itself from his throats as he turned to follow the footsteps he created on the way towards the forest. Yet with a matter of moments, (Name) further moved himself in the forest. Losing complete sight of the house in general.

"Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck!"

He scolded under his breath. (Name) looked around in every direction, not knowing if the falling snow had covered his tracks or not. He picked a direction and moved forward.

......

"This was a far worse idea than I imagined."

(Name) had found himself upon a mountain. Desperately trying to locate his homestead before sunrise. Catching a glimpse of the roof top, (Name) smiled as hope exploded within him. He made his way down the side of the mountain quickly, trying not to trip upon a ledge and fall.

Sadly his attempts were not successful, as he accidentally walked himself off an edge before plummeting towards snow. Landing on his side he groaned in pain, looking upon his health he sees he lost four heart in the process.

"Dammit."

Shifting upon his knees he manages to lock eyes with a mob. The mob seemed to be a human hybrid of sorts, looking half man half enderman. (Name) gathered himself as fast as possible until he darted out of the enemies sight. Unbeknownst to him, the creature followed.

Clouds of heavy breath left his mouth as he sprinted across the snowy plain biome, looking back occasionally to find the enemy still in view. (Name) caught sight of his home and inwardly rejoiced as he slowed to a walking pace, making it to his front door before throwing himself inside.

Shutting the door, he tried to slow his breathing. The sun peaking over the horizon as the clouds turned a soft indigo and salmon color.

(Name) trudged his body up the stairs to his room, closing the door behind him and stripping of the armor to place the set upon a wooden stand in the corner. Emptying the extra supplies he discovered on the walk into a chest as well as his sword, (Name) sighed in relief that he made it.

Yet he froze. A growl voiced from behind as slow steps made themselves louder when they drew close. Warm breath upon the back of his neck whilst growls were softly in his ear. Sweat was forming as he couldn't move from his spot, the feeling of claws moving themselves up his arms gave him goosebumps.

The flesh of the intruder was cold and scaled, like a snakes skin.

(Name) closed his eyes tightly, gulping down saliva that filled his mouth as he quickly turns around to open his gaze towards the monster.

Yet.

There was nothing.