Parenting

This chapter will be mostly evolved around Maxwell and Simon. But Reader and Steve will still be here for helping.

-------------

Simon skipped alongside of his walking older brother. He hummed a tune that Steve would have sung to him when he couldn't sleep at night with a gleeful smile. Maxwell only stared onward with his classic bitch face as he stuffed his hands into the pockets of his baggy black pants.

"What are you gonna do over the break Maxxy?"

"Simon for the hundredth time, don't call me Maxxy."

Simon giggled and looked up at his older brother as he quit his skipping to walk beside him.

"I'll probably just go with Allison to that celebration in two days er something."

Maxwell had been dating a girl he met at the Multiplayer school for at least five months. It seemed to be going pretty well so far.
But, as the brothers were walking onto a dirt path that cut through a village near their house Maxwell spotted Allison.

Before he could yell out to her for her attention he noticed someone else with her. It was a guy that Maxwell was close friends with.

He had his arm around Allison and they were laughing. He kissed her on the cheek and took his arm off to hold her hand.

Maxwell felt his heart just shatter.

Simon noticed his brother's change in mood as he began to walk before him a little bit, stopping once he got too far from his brother.

He jogged back to Maxwell and held his bigger hand in his own, pulling him forward as Maxwell watched Allison from afar.

....

"WE'RE HOOOOOOOME!"
Simon yelled. He ran into the living room to find his parents on the couch. Their faces were slightly red and Steve was buttoning up his pants while (Name) wiped his mouth.

Maxwell kinda figured his parents would be in the middle of something like this when they both got home.

"H-Hey boys! How was school?"

Simon gleefully jumped onto (Name)'s lap as he hugged his bookbag to his small body, telling them what he did in school. Maxwell just walked past them as he went straight for his and Simon's shared bedroom.

(Name) watched his older son gently close the door as he looked to Steve in confusion.

"Did something happen?"

Steve shrugged as he didn't know either.

Simon piped up after he saw his father's questioning faces.

"We were walking through that one place with the funny robe people and Maxwell saw Allison with some guy."

"What was the guy doing sweetie?"

"He like, smooshed his face on hers and then held her hand like you do with daddy when we go on walks."

When Simon told what happened Steve looked to (Name) with a worried face.

He got off of the couch.

"I'm gonna go and talk to the kid. See if he's okay."

(Name) nodded and watched Steve before looking back to Simon.

"Me and daddy made some cookies."

"COOKIES!"

.........

"Max?" Steve called from the outside of the door. (Name) stood near the living room as he watched from afar.

Steve knocked on the door with his knuckles as he called again.

"Maxwell? You okay?"

A mumble came from the room as Steve sighed. He opened the door slowly before walking in. (Name) walked to the entrance of the room as he watched from the doorway, resting up against his shoulder on the doorframe.

Maxwell laid on his side in bed facing away from Steve, his plushie Enderman cuddled against his chest to hide his face.

Steve squatted next to the bed rubbing Maxwell's back gently. His shoulders shook and a small moan came from him as Steve guessed he was crying.

(Name) felt his heart hurt at the sight of his oldest son being heartbroken. He slowly walks next to Steve as he sits on the bed next to Maxwell's legs. Simon stood outside the doorway listening as he hid behind the wall to make sure not to get caught.

"Maxwell? Listen, it'll be okay kiddo."

Steve spoke softly to his son whilst continuing to gently rub his shoulders. Maxwell shook his head no and replied with a disagreement into the big plushie. Steve sighed as he stood.
(Name) looked to his husband and back down to Maxwell as his shoulders sank.

"Hey, me and dad made cookies."

Maxwell didn't reply for a few minutes as Steve and (Name) exchange looks. Maxwell soon turns over onto his opposite side to look up at Steve.

"Did you say cookies?"

Steve leaned his head back slightly and laughed before nodding. Maxwell sat up in bed with a weak smile as (Name) wraps him in a hug around the shoulders. Maxwell had dried tear stains as his cheeks and eyes were red.

Simon gasped and ran to the living room where he slid onto his belly over to his homework on the hardwood floor. As he picked up his pencil to look down at his division, a knock came at the door.

He got up and ran over to it, stretching up to reach the door knob as he turns it successfully. There stood Allison with a smile.

"Hey Simon. Is Maxwell-"

"He said he doesn't like your face anymore. Sorry."

Allison gasped as Simon slammed the door on her. He skipped down the hall as Maxwell stopped to look at him.

"Who was that?"

"Just some cow knocking against the door again."

Maxwell laughed and went to the kitchen after his fathers.

...

Once the boys were asleep in bed, Steve beckoned (Name) over to the couch with his pointer finger and a smirk.

"Get your sexy ass over here and finish what you started earlier."