Teacher

Potion failures surrounded the floor of the living room as I was apparently only able to come up with two potions.

A potion of weakness.

And a very low powered potion of swiftness.

I've tried everything. I know every potions ingredients, but I just keep putting them in the wrong order every single time!
With a huff I slouch back against the edge of the couch and let out a loud drawn out groan of anger at my multiple failures. I was angry and rather tired all at the same time, and if it's me that is not a very good combination.

Apparently Steve heard me from outside and came in trough the back door that was in the kitchen, since he came from the barn and the garden he was covered in a little mud, dirt, and some leaves somehow got into his hair. Though he was very sweaty.

"What's wrong player? Something break?"

He questioned, breathing heavily with his hands on either hips. I merely turn my head to him and huff. My bottom lip puckered out as Steve laughs at me, picking up the realization of just how badly I was at my potion skills.

"Potions? Really? Are you seriously that bad!"

"Well since the whole dammed floor is covered in horribly low swiftness potions and weakness potions, yes I am! Mr. I-suddenly-know-everything."

Despite my rude upbringing Steve walks over and settles down next to me in cross cross form amongst all of the glowing bottles of crap. He picks up a swiftness potion and inspects it. The ingredients were properly mixed but there was not much liquid inside.

"I see your problem. You can mix them very well, but your glowstone is rather low."

I rolled my eyes for he clearly still can't see my real problem, and I was getting pissy real quick.

"I know that, I just can't make any other potions as well and it's bugging me all the way past the End!"

Steve gives a gasp.

"How in the over world do you know about the End!?"

"Oh I've read your stupid books cover to cover at least five times, don't be so damn surprised."

Steve was taken aback by my statement yet he gives a small chuckle. Puzzled I tilt my head slightly and glare to him with half lidded eyes.

"What's so funny this time?"

"Nothing. But I am going to help you with brewing. Let me get my book from the shelf."

As he stands he pops his back and his neck, then walking quickly to the bookshelves that made up as one of the living room walls b u t with a doorway for leading towards the kitchen. He comes back and settles next to me with a thick book, slightly dusty but still in very good condition, opening it he flips right to a certain page that has weird writing and a two page worth drawing of potions that had captions next to them. The ingredients listed off to the right on one page and the names of the potions on the opposite side of the other page. I was fascinated to no end by this amazing styled book and was utterly taken back by how Steve could even read any of it!

"One question. How can you read those words, if no taught you how to read?"

"It comes naturally to me. I've been to the nether and was able to read some of the etchings along the walls. In able to read enchanting tables. This all comes very easily to me."

I was impressed to day the least at Steve's skill. But none the less I still wanted to know what the book said.

"Alright. So first off, grab some nether wart."

I grabbed a handful of nether wart and before I could place it into the brewing stand Steve placed his hand into my wrist.

"Only one player. Not five."

I blush and look away, embarrassed at my minor mistake already and I out four of them back into the little baggy of nether wart to then place the single nether wart into the brewing stand. It bubbles and I know that I'm making progress.

"Good. Its brewing. When that is done what will it make?"

"A..... Mundane potion?"

Steve shakes his head no with his eyes closed. He sighs and looks to the book.

"It'll create an Awkward potion."

I face palmed at my stupidity, nodding a yes as I waited for his next instructions.

"Now, grab a glistening melon. This will create what?"

I pondered about my answer as I placed the melon slice into the finished brewing stand and I suddenly remembered.

"Oh! It'll create a potion of healing! Add glowstone and the potion will last longer."

"And add more healing strength."
Steve replied with a widened smile and I knew I was right. Once the healing potion was complete I put in some added glowstone to then make the bottle glow a light lavender purple. I gave Steve a high five and cheered with a howl. Causing a wolf to howl back from outside as well even though it was only mid afternoon.

Both of us chuckle and finish off the afternoon making proper potions even though we waisted so many bottles earlier.

I was happy either way that Steve taught me something without turning it sexual.

"So..."

Nevermind.