Ch•3- Questions

Happy parked the car next to a massive press building. On the way to the event, I had learned that a "press conference" was more a question-and-answer session, like when YouTubers to Q&A's. Peppers helped me make sense of it. They're not actually pressing like buttons and stuff, which is what I imagined.

I perked up as we circled around the paved loop and stopped at the foot of the stairs that led to the main entrance. Tony had just started to unwrap his burger when dozens of screaming voices pounding through the tinted windows. I scooted back away from the window nervously, bumping into his leg. People had lined up behind a red carpet rope that led to the front door of the building.

"If you have any fries left, just throw them at em" Tony advised, taking a bite of his burger. A took a fry in my hand just in case.

Through the car window, the paparazzi flashed cameras, held recording devices, some had papers so Tony could autograph them. I was completely blown away by all the commotion. Pepper turned around to look at me, a warm smile plastered on her lightly freckled face. She reached back to pat my knee "Ok sweetheart, I want you to stay with me the whole time, alright? No wandering off, you here?" I gave her the 'Ok' hand motion with my fingers. Let's be honest, there's not many places that I could sneak off to.

"You want to give her a leash, Ms. Potts?" Tony scoffed, biting in to his cheeseburger. Pepper glared at him and shook her head disapprovingly.

      Happy stepped out of the car and opened the door for Tony. He slid out of the car and into the sea of flashing cameras.

"Thank you" I said to Happy as he opened my door. I hopped off the seat and ran after Tony on the sidewalk. As soon as I rounded the back of the car, flashing camera lights blinded my vision. It was like lightning piercing my vision every couple of seconds. Reporters yelled for Tony, asking him questions that he would never answer. Women screamed his name to get his attention.

"Mr. Stark how did you get back?"

"Have you enjoyed your homecoming?"

"What happen to you?!"

"Who's the little kid, Tony?!"

Pepper gripped my hand tight, pulling me through the crowd of people. A bald man with a beard had hugged Tony when he stepped out of the car. I had met him once before, when I first came to Malibu. I couldn't remember his name at the moment.

      Pepper put her hand over my eyes so I could be protected from the camera flashes. The flashes were still visible from under her hand. So this is what it's like to be Tony Stark, money, reporters, and cameras. All of this wasn't a complete shock to me, I've seen this man on TV many times.

Happy walked closely behind me as if he was a bodyguard. I felt like a celebrity, it felt odd. All these insane people were driving me crazy!

"Well, hello there, short stout" the bald man, who had greeted Tony before, shook my shoulder a little too roughly "nice to see ya again" he smiled down upon me.

I smiled "you to, sir..."

He grinned at me widely before turning back to acknowledge the cameras with Tony. I rubbed my shoulder after he let go. Who on earth was this guy? I've met him before, his name just escaped my brain. Obama? Obi-Wan? Something like that.