Ch•19-End Credit Scene

"For these types of guns, you might want to wear ear muffs" Rhodey advised, slipping on some large head phones on my head to block out the noise from the gun. Dad had taken me to a shooting range, where the army practices with their weapons.

   The range was inside one of the compounds. We were in a room with multiple isles with a target at the end of each isle.

   I adjusted the ear muffs on my head so they would fit. Dad stood to the side, waiting for me to fire my first (technically my second) gun "Now" Rhodey pulled out a cart filled with a wide variety of guns "pick your poison".

    I let my hand run over each of the hand guns. They all looked the same to me. On the bottom of the cart was more of the heavy duty guns.
I picked up the biggest one I could find, it looked like some kind of rifle. Rhodey rubbed his chin skeptically "Whoa, uh... okay. That's a Soviet Kalashnikov AK-47, and the kick back is heavy" I shrugged, setting the gun up on the stand. I barely know how to shoot a gun, the only one I've shot is a handgun.

   "Don't blow the whole place up, kiddo. I saw that hole in the wall at home, just saying" Dad folded his arms over his chest.

"Oops" I gave an awkward look.

    "Alright Jessi" Rhodey leaned down beside me "keep the gun pointed directly at the target. Don't get flustered if you don't get it the first time. It's just practice"

    "Right" I nodded, peering in to the guns scope "Got it" This gun was bigger then me. It maybe even bigger than Pepper. I could see the red and white target at the end of the isle. Old bullet holes already marked the target, most of them were on the center. With my luck, the bullet would probably hit the wall, bounce off, and then slice me. I found the trigger, and tugged back.

    Instantly, my body felt the weight of the kickback. The handle of the gun jolted back, pushing in to my shoulder. My small little body flew back and the ear muffs flew off in the process. I collided with the floor and the gun smashed beside me. I sat there, slightly dazed.

"Jesus Kid!" Dad fell to his knees beside me "What was that?"

"Whoa..." I leaned on my palms.

    Rhodey picked up the gun and set it down on the gun cart "why don't we just stick to hand guns?"

I nodded dizzily, laying my head on the floor "yes, please"