Ch•16-Stealing

"Now look Jessi" Pepper opened the car door for me. Natasha stood beside her, her curly velvet hair framing her face. Once the door opened, I was immediately taken back by the large facility in front of me.

    We were standing outside the famous arena where the last Iron Man Expo was held. The one that April watched with me not too long ago. This place reminded me of the Disney Concert Hall from last year. Hopefully this time I won't be ditched for alcohol. I'm still not over that by the way.

    Hundreds of people were flooding into the main entrance, they were eager to see what was going on inside Hammer Tech, Justin Hammers discount Stark Industries company. .

    Pepper had told me to dress in nice clothes this morning for the Expo. I decided on black jeans, a purple dress shirt, and a black jacket. Pepper and Natalie wore nice fitting dresses, but dresses aren't exactly my thing.

    "Jessi, hello" Pepper waved her hand in front of my eyes. I looked away from the massive building and back to Pepper, suddenly remembering that she was talking to me "today is our only work day, okay? If you can get though this, then the rest of the trip is all about you and what you want to do, okay?"

"Times Square?!" I asked excitedly, wanting to see the famous square.

"Yes"

"Brooklyn?!"

"Of course"

"A pizza place!"

"Oh, uh... sure"

    "Awesome!" I clapped my hands together, feeling content "Natalie" I looked to our assistant who was under cover. She looked at me with the same neutral expression "You can come to... if you're not doing anything"

"Sounds fun" she smiled.

    "Alright, let's go" Pepper put her hand on my shoulder, and we started to walk up the stairs to the entrance of the Expo. Natalie followed beside me. Music from the arena could be heard from all the way out here.

    I've only seen the Expo from a television screen. This was so different. Tv reporters lined the street with their cameras, wanting to capture every moment. I stayed in between Pepper and Natalie until we entered the building.

    Pepper handed a gate guard three tickets, and he allowed us in. She led us to our seats and we sat down quietly. Other people were doing the same.

    There was a small murmur floating around. Nobody seemed too excited like they did on Tv. Maybe it was because Iron Man isn't here, everybody loves Iron Man. Nobody loves Justin Hammer, besides Justin himself.

    I was squished in the middle and looking around the room. The seats were slowly starting to fill, and soon enough, the show began. Once again, the atmosphere wasn't as exciting as it was when Iron Man was here. Justin entered from the side of the stage as the pounding music played. He was doing a strange little foot dance, like he was trying to wake up his feet because they fell asleep.

    Pepper looked annoyed with the whole thing, so did Natasha. I was honestly really hyped up at the moment, this is my first time attending an Expo. Justin continued to shuffle around the stage for a minute and then slid up to the podium in the middle of the stage.

    "That's what I'm talking about" Justin spoke into the microphone "Thanks for coming" I only talked to Justin once, at the hotel, he didn't really seem like a trustworthy guy. Just by the way he smiled at me, it gave me a strange feeling.

    "Ladies and gentlemen" he started "for far too long, this country has had to place it's brave men and women in harms way, but then the Ironman arrived, and we thought the days of losing lives were behind us, sadly that technology was kept out of reach. That's not fair. That's not right" I furrowed my brows together. Dad kept it away because he can. That technology is his, he doesn't have to share it if he doesn't want to "-And it's just too bad"