Ch•20- Avengers Initiative

A/N : So, this is the last chapter of the 'Iron Man 1' story, but I will continue on with 'Iron Man 2' and also 'Avengers' on this book. It will be three stories all in one book. Thank you all for reading, it has been a pleasure so far and I can hardly wait to continue on. Love you all <3

    I trekked down the stairs late that night. Everybody was already asleep, leaving me alone downstairs. At least I think everyone is asleep, Dad usually stays up late "Jarvis?" I asked sleepily "What time is it?"

"1:57 am ma'am"

    "Thanks" I yawned, opening up the door to the kitchen. The only thing I need right now was a glass of icy water, my throat was as dry as Dad's personality. I'm kidding :,D kinda.
The only light showing was from my glow-in-the-dark Scooby Doo pajamas. I filled up a small cup of water from the tap and dropped some ice cubes in it "Jarvis?"

"Yes ma'am"

"Are there anymore paparazzi outside?"

    "No ma'am, they left the premises twenty minutes ago" Wow, those crazy photographers stalk our house all night. It's been pretty insane since the big Iron Man reveal. I walked tiredly to the living-room. I was about to head back up the stairs to my room, but a large shadow appeared in the livingroom. That was definitely not there a minute ago.

    "Your Father here?" The shadow asked. So, it was a person. I could see the outline of a tall, muscular looking man. He had a bald head that shined in the moon light. Weird.

"Uh, why?"

"I need to talk with him"

"Why?"

"Because I need to talk with him"

    "You broke into my house... that's against the law mister..." I set my cup of water down on the coffee table.

"Jessica, I'm above the law"

    "Ok" I rubbed my eyes, already annoyed with this guy. The fact that he knew my name didn't really register in my sleepy brain "I'm going to go get my Dad, but when he comes down here in his Iron Man suit and kills you... don't come crying to me, alright?"

    "Understood" I swear he smirked as he spoke. I lazily climbed the spiral stairs up to the hallway. The steps creaked every time my foot touched. My feet sank in to the soft carpet in the hallway as I walked. I tried to keep as quiet as possible.

     I reached Dad's door, wasting no time in opening it. He laid alone in his king sized bed. The light from outside glowed against his body.

    "Hey, Dad" I tiptoed over to the side of his bed "psst!" I shook his arm, hopefully that would walk him up. He groaned while still asleep and rolled over in the bed "wake up!" I whispered louder this time "there's some bald guy in the house"

"Hm?" His voice was groggy. He was clearly frustrated with me because I woke him up.

    "Some guys is in our house! I think he broke in!" I repeated, shaking her arm again "do something!"

     His brown eyes sprung to life in the dark night. He started to understand what I was saying "What the hell? Stay here Jessi, don't move"

     "Okay" I sat down on the bed as he jumped off. He threw on a shirt and dashed out of the room "wait a minute" I whispered to myself "I want to see this" I slipped off the bed and ran out of the room after him. This time, I wouldn't get caught ease dropping.

     "I am Iron Man" the bald creepy guy spoke. He hadn't moved from his position at the window. I peered around the wall and looked down from the balcony to the two men. Dad stood cautiously on the opposite side of the room near the stairs "think you're the only Super Hero in the world?" The man started to walk around the room so he could stand closer to Dad "Mr. Stark, you have become part of a bigger universe, you just don't know it yet"

"Who the hell are you?" Dad asked.

    The man stepped in to the light, revealing his face. I noticed how he had an eyepatch covering his eye. Cool "Nick Fury" he introduced himself "director of S.H.I.E.L.D... I'm here to talk to you about the Avengers Initiative"

    I thought my life had already been completely changed, with all this Iron Man fame, but what I was about to hear, would alter my life in every possible way.