Ch•7-You've Lost

The cars took off down the track, past all the screaming fans. They all were riding at the speed of light, right past the window. I twisted around in my chair to look out the glass. Dad's car could be seen in the blur of colors. Their engines roared like thunder.

I watched them disappear around the corner, and then I turned back to talk to Pepper. She seemed like she was about to have a panic attack. Her heart must of been beating a million times per minute "What in Gods name is he doing out there? Is he crazy?" She rubbed her temples "did he tell you he was doing this?"

"Nope" I shook my head, not taking my eyes off the Tv "hey wait..." I squinted. A tan aged man with an orange jump suit was opening the gate of the track. He was walking right on to the track as the race was going on! He was strolling along as if it was a side walk. I covered my mouth with my hand "What's happening?!" Everybody in the restaurant was now paying attention to the multiple Tv screens. The race reporters on the Tv were yelling in French as the man continued his journey "Pepper! What is going on?"

"I- I- don't know" she stopped breathing for a moment. The guy with the jumpsuit started to tear the top part of his shirt off with his hands. Oh God! He's stripping on live television! He revealed some type of body armor. It wrapped around his torso, and over his shoulders. A large, glowing ARC reactor was burning bright in the middle. The man let his jumpsuit hang at his hips. Electricity from the armor burned off most of the jumpsuit. A slim, whip like metal sprang out from his palms, and they were also electrified. He was an evil looking Indiana Jones type dude.

"Oh No" I whispered "Dad's in trouble"
Why else would that guy be here? He has Dad's technology right on his chest. I stared in horror as he used his whips to split an on coming Race car in half, sending the parts all over the track. The car toppled down the road, completely falling apart. People in the restaurant freaked.
Happy appeared in front of us, holding a red brief case. That's how Dad carries his suit around "Come on" I tugged Peppers arm and we ran out of the hotel with Happy to our car.

Pepper climbed in to the car, taking the suit in to her arms "go go go go!" She shouted and Happy stepped on the accelerator, shooting us in to action. My body was pushed back in to the seat forcefully, but it didn't bother me.

"Hang on" Happy warned us. I braced myself for impact. He jerked the wheel to the left, running our car in to the thin divider that separated the main road from the race track. We were now driving towards the Race cars on the track, while they were speeding towards us. I closed my eyes tight, not wanting to watch. Hopefully Happy was a good driver and won't let us get hit. We dodged a car, never gaining a scratch on our car. People were running for their lives as smoke was starting to sprout from ahead.

"Where's the key to the case??" Pepper yelled in Happy's ear.

"It's in my pocket" he served the car, trying to reach the key in his pants.

"Hey!" I shouted. Dad could be seen through the windshield. His car was now totally demolished. A wild fire was burning from the wreckage. The man with the jumpsuit stood in front of him, readying his electric whips to kill "Hit him!" I pointed at the man.

Happy didn't argue, he slammed the car right in to the guy. His body flopped against the front of the car. We pushed him back against the fence hard. He seemed knocked out "that looked painful" I bit my nail.

Dad looked relived, yet annoyed. He jumped down from the fence and leaned against the car window "are you okay?" Happy asked frantically.

"Where you aiming for me or for him?" Dad snapped, not even saying thank you. Beside me, Pepper was hyperventilating.