Ch•5- Operation

"Stark industries, I got one recommendation. Ready? Ready? Ha! Abandon ship! Does the  Hindenburg ring any bells? Let me show ya, the new Stark industries business plan!" The crazy man on the TV smashed a coffee mug with his wooden baseball bat. Pepper pressed her lips into a thin line, cringing at the actions of the man "Look, that's a weapons company that doesn't make weapons!" I sat on the couch eating ramen noodles and watched the TV with Pepper. Some Fox news guy was making fun of Tony's decision to shut down the weapons company. I didn't really understand most of what he was talking about. My mouth was full of noodles when Tony's voice sounded from a tablet that rested next to the couch on the coffee table.

    "Pepper!" Tony called from the comm link on the hologram tablet. I was still trying to get use to all of these technical machines set up around the house. Even the refrigerator has a touch screen! Like... What?! "how big are your hands?" he asked, I gave a questionable look to Pepper. She was just as confused as I was.

"What?" She asked, using the remote to turn down the TV.

"How big are your hands?" Tony asked again.

"I don't understand, why-?" She was cut off.

    "Get down here I need you" Pepper gave me a confused look and set her laptop down on the coffee table. She started for the stairs. I set my noddles down on the couch and followed her.

"You sure you want to come, Jessi?" Pepper asked.

     "I want to see what's going on" I ran my hand along the railing. Once we reached the bottom of the stairs, Pepper punched in a passcode on the glass pad-lock. I've never been in this part of the house before. Tony strictly told me never to come down here, he said not to even stand on the stairs. Tony said that my presence would only screw up all of his work... how nice. Pepper pushed open the glass door, letting us into the massive room. It was a giant workshop filled with dozens of cool things. Cars, robots, tools, and tons more.

    "Hey" Tony greeted innocently from a surgical looking chair. He sat shirtless, the magnet was on full display on his chest, a shiny circle device was held in his hand "What's Janet doing here?"

"Jessi" I coughed in my elbow.

"Anyway, Let's see em, show me your hands" Tony instructed. Pepper lifted up her hands "oh wow they are small, very petite. I just uhh need your help for a sec" He spun the glowing device around in his hand.

"Oh my god is that the thing that's keeping you alive?" Pepper slowly walked up to her boss, eyeing the strange object. I followed closely behind her, my eyes glued to the glow. He has two of those things now, did he make it himself?

"It was. It is now an Antique" Tony held up the another glowing electromagnetic "this is what will be keeping me alive for the future, I'll be swapping it out for an upgrade. I just ran in to a little speed bump" he shrugged his shoulders.

"A speed bump? What do you mean?" Pepper asked skeptically.

"It's nothing, it's just a little snag. There's an exposed wire under this device, it's contacting the socket wall and it's causing a shortage" Tony un-screwed the glowing device from his chest and lightly yanked it out. I felt a tingle in my stomach when I saw the metal circle that sunk in to his chest. It intrigued to think how that's keeping him alive. Tony gave Pepper the Magnet, she used her fingers to handle it delicately.