Ch•13- For Coulson

Loki, he's a monster no doubt, but I feel there is something else to him. Like an unread chapter of his book. Yea, he's insane, a killing machine, and just completely unscrewed in the head. But then again nothing is ever as they seem. He's the son of a Demi God and the brother of Thor!

    There has to be a sliver of hope somewhere in him if he's Thor's brother. But, the fact that he killed Coulson immediately wiped away the thought.

    I didn't know where I was. After a few more minutes of talking with Steve, he walked off to find Dad. I decided that I needed a walk. There weren't many Agents in the halls at the moment. The ones that hung around were busy cleaning up the mess from the little air battle that took place.

    My hands were shoved in my grey jacket pockets. Nick gave me the cards that use to be Coulsons. He wanted to give me the less bloodied ones but I took them all. I had to hold on to whatever little was left of him. Coulson took extremely good care of the cards, they were in mint condition.

    All of them were inside my jacket pocket, my fingers were wrapped around the cards as if they might fall out and be lost forever. I wasn't watching where I was going and one of the agents accidentally bumped right in to me.

    "Sorry" I mumbled, not looking at the person. I took a quick glance to the side of me because there was a door there. A small window was built into the middle of the door and I could see someone sitting in there.

    My heart skipped a beat, or maybe it stopped, I'm not really sure. It was the Robin Hood guy from the control room. He's the one who shot all those arrows and took out all the computers! He's on Loki's team! I watched as he looked up to me from the metal bed that he was sitting on. I covered my mouth, trying my best not to scream. I have to find someone! Barton is loose in the Carrier.

    Just then, the door opened, and my red haired friend Natasha appeared "Nat!" I practically shouted, grabbing her wrist for security "it's that guy!"

    "Shh!" She glared at me, pressing her finger to her lips "it's alright" she looked around to make sure that nobody was listening "he's not under Loki's spell anymore. He's one of us"
I blinked and looked over her shoulder to the man. He had blue eyes from what I could see and light brown hair which was styled in a slight buzz cut but was raised higher in the front. He was wearing a dark purple shirt that had small rips in it "His name is Clint Barton"

    "Oh, uh... Hi" I waved my fingers.
He smiled, and when he did, I felt a lot better. He wasn't a bad guy, he never was. It was all Loki and his games "I'm Jessi"

"Stark" he finished for me and stood up from the bed "I've heard of you"

"Oh" I nodded, almost rolling my eyes "I'm sure. Everyone has"

     He chuckled. Natasha walked back to stand beside him. They looked like two best friends, or maybe something more "So, what are you doing here?" Natasha asked "I thought you were with Stark"

    "Well" I shrugged, pressing my toes into the hard floor "I was, but then he walked off, leaving me with Cap, but them HE left and then I was alone, again"

    "Do you have a thing about not being alone?" Barton asked, reaching for a damp cloth by his metal bed and began wiping his hands.

    "No... well, kinda" I admitted, looking to the door, too embarrassed to see what two super spy Agents would think of me when I told them that I was afraid of being alone.

    But they didn't laugh, or judge, they both smiled sympathetically "Hey, look here lil Stark" Barton bent down slightly in front of me. He sounded like a Dad himself when he spoke with the soothing tone "we're all afraid of something. I just realized today that I'm scared of mind control" he chuckled, glancing to Natasha "and being hit really hard on the head"

    "Is that how you got Loki out of your brain?" I asked, feeling a smile pull up on my lips. I like this Clint Barton guy already.

    "Yes" Natasha answered, elbowing him lightly in the arm. That's when I saw the nasty sized welt on his forehead. I hadn't noticed it before.

    "All ya need is some cover girl concealer and powder. Nobody will even take a second glance" I pointed to the welt.

"Clint?" Natasha smirked "you love wearing make up anyway, don't you?"

    "Shut up Nat" he threw the damp towel at her but she caught it mid-air. Behind me, the door opened up, letting in the American flag. Natasha looked at him, unprepared with his costume. Was there some battle happening that I wasn't aware of?

    "Time to go" Steve said without a greeting. Clint stood in the bathroom of the small room, watching Steve who hadn't even noticed him yet.

"Go where?" Natasha asked.

"I'll tell you on the way, can you fly one of those jets?"

    "I can" Barton emerged from the bathroom, standing tall and ready for anything that came his way. Steve shot Nat a concerned glance but she nodded, assuring him that he was on our side now.

     "Got a suit?" Steve asked and Barton nodded. Wow, he does? Oh yeah, Hawkeye. Clint Barton isn't just Robin Hood, he's Hawkeye "Then suit up"

    Barton went to his drawers and started to pull clothes out. Nat and I walked out with Cap. She walked down towards another part of the ship, leaving me with him. Just this morning I would have been geeking out, but now things have changed. The tables have turned.

"Where are we going?" I asked, falling into step beside the Captain.

    "We?" He echoed "Sorry Jessi, but I don't think what we're doing is your thing. You need to stay here"

"But-"

    "Thor says that Loki has an army. We can't have you anywhere near them. The safest place to be is here"

    "I can't do that Cap" I gripped his elbow, refusing to let go until he listens "Loki killed Coulson" was all I had to say to gain his full attention "I have to do something. The tower is stocked with weapons, some pretty powerful to. A friend of mine who's a Colonel in the Army gave them all to us. I know how to use all of them" Steve's jaw dropped "Well, actually, not all of them" I admitted, rocking back on my heels "More like two... or three but that's not the point"

"Jes-"

    "Please Steve. I'll stay up in the tower the whole time if you want. If an alien Army is attacking New York, then I can maybe snipe some of them from the top. Please!" I begged "Let me help take down Loki, in what little ways that I can... For Coulson"

And with that, he couldn't say No.

    He smiled kindly at me and placed his hand on my shoulder, giving it a small squeeze "you are undoubtedly the most extraordinary kid I've ever met"

"I know" I grinned back "does that mean that I can go?"

"Suit up"