Ch•7- Ace

"Time to get up Miss Stark, you have another day of school ahead of you" Jarvis, the home computer woke me from my slumber "I do believe that you have a Science test this morning, have you studied Miss Stark?" I sat up in the bed, letting the bright sun shine on my tired face.

     "Yeah" I mumbled, rolling out of my soft and fluffy bed on to the carpet. I trudged to my bathroom, rubbing my sleepy eyes. I rubbed my eyes so hard a whole different galaxy appeared in my closed eye lids "whoa" I stumbled against the sink before grabbing the toothbrush and hairbrush at the same time. I brushed my teeth while brushing my hair in unison "What's the time Jarvis?" I asked, spitting the foaming toothpaste in to the sink.

     "It is 7:32 am and 74 degrees in Malibu, California. A perfect Autumn Thursday morning" Jarvis answered me from the walls of the room. I looked out the window to the green trees that lined the perimeter. It's 74 degrees and it's Fall?

    "I guess 'Fall' isn't exactly a season in California, is it?" I asked, walking out of the bathroom towards my dresser. It still feels like summer out here.

     "I'm afraid not ma'am" he answered.
I was too lazy to change in to clothes so I just left my Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles pajamas on and went down stairs. The enormous house as dead silent as I skipped down the steps.
Tony was sitting at the kitchen table alone with the newspaper in his hands. An omelet sat in front of him.

     "Hi" I walked in to the kitchen, heading straight for the cabinet where the cereal was kept. He set his paper down on the table when I sat down in front of him with the bowl of cereal.

"What's you're favorite class?" He asked, trying to start a conversation.

"Um" I thought, tapping a spoon against my chin "Science, History, Math"

"What are you learning about in Science? Anything good?"

I shrugged "the Water Cycle"

    "Really" he rolled his eyes "You're not learning about the Periodic table, Atoms, protons and neutrons?"

     I stared blankly at him "huh?" I barely know what any of that stuff is. I'm in the fourth grade Tony... if you were around you'd know that.

"I guess not" he returned to his newspaper "you better Ace that test"

"How do you know about my test?"

    "I know a lot of things, I'm Tony Stark" He stood up and walked to the coffee pot and poured a cup of coffee "you want any? Oh wait, I forgot that you're eight"

"I'm Nine" I huffed, taking a bite of my cereal "how old are you, 80?"

    "Close" He sipped his coffee to hide a smirk "You share my sarcasm, I'm proud" Was that a compliment I heard?

                                      ***

      I carried my tray of food towards my table in the cafeteria. There were a few of my classmates sitting around that table. I wasn't exactly close to them yet, but one of them (who doesn't know who my Dad is) was the nicest one of them all. She had dark brown hair that she usually kept in two braids "Hey Jessi" she smiled at me.

"Hi Kimmy" I set my tray down next to her and slid in to my chair.

   "My birthday is coming up, and I was wondering if you wanted to come to my party?" She asked, sipping her juice.

    "That'd be cool" I nodded. I never had many friends in my life, Kimmy was the only and nicest of them all.

    A blonde kid tapped his finger on the table to get my attention "I have a question, how did your Dad escape the terrorists that held him captive?"

     I sighed, another question that I don't really know the answer to "Something about a metal suit?" Before he could ask me another question, I stood up from my seat "I'm going to get a spoon for my peaches. Be right back"

                                    ***

     Kimmy and I walked together to the front of the school building. She was telling me about the time she binged watched Grey's Anatomy with her mother all day long. I smiled and nodded, pretending to be interested in what she was saying. A horn honked from the parking lot. Peppers car stood waiting for me, she waved at me from the front seat.

"I gotta go" I looked to Kimmy before jogging to the car.

    "Call me!" She yelled. I jogged towards her silver car. Another good day of school accomplished.

"How was school?" Pepper asked, turning off the radio so we could talk.

"Good"

"How was your test?"

"I got a B+"

     "Good for you!" Pepper congratulated me, a happy smile spread across her face. I smiled, slightly embarrassed with my good grade "Your fathers going to be so proud of you!"

Yeah, sure.

                                      ***

     Dad was downstairs in his workshop when Pepper dropped me off at the house. He was focused on his little hologram things "What are you doing?" I asked as I entered the room. He seemed surprised that I was down in his man cave without his permission.

"How do you know the passcode?" He snapped his head back to me.

    "Um, I've seen Pepper do it a couple times" I looked at some of the sports cars that lined the back wall "So what are you doing?" I asked once more.

"Building"

"Building what?"

"Stuff"

"Stuff?"

"Yeah. Stuff"

"What kind of stuff?"

Ton sighed sharply "If I tell you, will you leave me alone?"

     "Uhh" I rocked back on my heels "No"
Tony shook his head. He should know by now that I like to be involved with things. Especially since he's been busy with his latest project. It has to do something with those boots and arm metal things he was flying around with a few days ago.

     "It's a glove made out of holograms" he slid his hand inside the green little hologram glove thing so it rested on his arm. He spun around to show me. I studied the way it fit on his arm. The green color glowed with a white circle on his palm. It reminded me of the electromagnetic battery thingy on his chest.

"Is it made of the same stuff as your chest light bulb?" I asked, pointing to the hologram glove.

     "Well not really, if I actually build this armor. It will most likely be made of titanium or nickel, something like that"

     I nodded, sort of understanding what he was saying "So like, the same kind of thing you used to escape the people that held you captive? But smaller, slimmer, better?" I've never seen the suit that he used to fly out of the cave, but he's described it to me. Large, bulky, a rusty kind of grey metal.

"Yeah" he looked at me before returning to his armor "sound cool?"

I sat down on the stool next to him
"Are you going to wear it or something?"

"Maybe, I'd have to build it first"

"Can I help?"

    He smiled slightly, not taking his eyes off his work. He slid his glove off and set in back in the air wear it levitated above the table "perhaps" was all he said. I smiled and left the workshop. It was time to finish my homework, but I was distracted. If he did actually do the whole armor thing. What would that mean? I let my imagination wander. It would look totally sick, like a robot, and I get to help build it!