Ch•6- Living in the Present

A/N: Warning, this chapter is mainly just dialogue from the Avengers film.

"Finally" an annoyed sounding voice spoke when I entered the SHIELF lab "Where have you been?" Dad asked, looking up from the lab table in the corner of the room.

I had found my way to the lab after my little discussion with Thor. This ship was huge! How do all these agents even get around without some kind of map or guide?

The man with the purple shirt stood near Dad, and he was holding a scanner over Loki's shining spear "Jessi, this is Bruce Banner" Dad introduced and pointed his finger towards him. Doctor Banner took a deep breath and smiled slightly, looking away from the spear.

"Hi" I waved my fingers awkwardly. I'm still not fully recovered from my discussions with Captain America and Thor the Demi God. But, then it hit me, he's the Hulk. Rule one, don't piss him off.

"Ah yes" he removed the glasses from his eyes and used the end of his purple shirt to clean the lenses "the famous Little Stark, it's a pleasure" he didn't shake my hand, he seemed too consumed with all the equipment. The Doctor just nodded politely to me.

"Doctor Banner" I gave him a head nod "It's cool to meet you..." I shook my head, deciding to change to subject "So, what are you guys doing? "

"Basically" Bruce ran his hand through his curly brown hair, setting down the beeping scanning device "We're trying to figure out what this is"

I placed my palms on the table where Doctor Banner was working and leaned closer to the staff. He stood with crossed arms as I took a look. The end of the weapon has a sharp curved piece of metal that could certainly stab someone. A small glowing sphere was sitting right below the metal.

The color reminded me of the Tesseract. That cube was the same color as the spear I think "The gamma readings are definitely consistent with Selvig's reports on the Tesseract. But it's gonna take weeks to process"

"Can I see the reports?" I asked kindly, looking to Dad. Bruce shot me a strange glance. I know, it's a bit strange for a twelve year old to be asking for SHIELD files. Things like Selvigs report interest me. I like knowing what's going on in my environment. If there's a possibly world ending cube out there, I'd like to know everything about it.

Dad smirked once he saw Bruce's reaction and proceeded to tap a few buttons on his computer, moments later, a holographic screen popped up in front of me. Dozens of files by Eric Selvig were perfectly in order, just waiting for me to read them.

"If we bypass their mainframe and direct a reroute to the HOMER cluster, we can clock this around six hundred teraflops" Dad stayed at the computer. I wish that I understood half the words that he just said. HOBO cluster? Tara Flops? Like the name Tara?

Immediately the name Tara settled over my subconscious. My Mom, her name was Tara.

Doctor Banner smiled, letting out a small chuckle "All I packed was a toothbrush" his little joke snapped me back to reality.

I remembered where I was. I'm on a spy ship, with The Hulk, Captain America, Iron Man, and a one eyed guy. I should be living in the present, not the past. Mom is gone, Mom is in the Past.

Dad laughed and began to cross the room towards Doctor Banner "You know, you should come by Stark Tower sometime" Dad offered for him to visit as I returned to reading the reports on the Tesseract "Top ten floors, all R&D. You'd love it, it's candy land"

"Thanks" Doctor Banner shook his head, quickly denying his offer "but the last time I was in New York I kind of broke...Harlem"