Ch•9- The Other Guy

I ran down the carrier hallway, back towards the lab where Dad and Doctor Banner were working. Nat and Steve had both disappeared and Coulson was somewhere. Agents were now on alert, the light and friendly mood from earlier was now gone.

Something was going to happen, I just didn't know what. I was so focused on everything else that was going on, that I didn't see the Star Spangled Man with a plan right in front of me. My tiny body collided with his. It didn't seem to throw him off at all because he barely budged. In his arms he carried a weapon of some sort.

"Whoa Steve" I brushed off my jacket even though nothing was on it, and then I noticed the machine he had "What is that thing?"

"A Hydra Weapon" he said dryly and started down the hallway towards the labs.

"A Hydra Weapon?" I whispered, following after him. I remembered how Dad was saying how he believes that SHIELD is using the Tesseract to make weapons "Oh, so Dad thinks that SHIELD is using-"

"Right" he turned a corner and headed right for the lab. Nick Fury was standing inside. We could see him from the hallway through the glass window. Dad was in there with Banner, none of the men in that room looked happy to be there.

"What is Phase 2?" I heard Dad asked as Steve and I entered the room. Steve dropped the Assault Rifle on that table in front of Nick.

"PHASE 2 is shield using the Tesseract to make weapons" Steve spoke angrily and glanced to Dad "sorry, the computer was moving a little slow for me"

Nick raised his hands up to his chest and tried to explain the situation "Rogers, we gathered everything related to the Tesseract. This does not mean that we're..."

"I'm sorry Nick" Dad flipped a computer screen to show an unfinished model of a bulky weapon with the Tesseract as its main power source "what were you lying?" I stared at the screen, almost feeling betrayed. SHIELD is suppose to be the good guys, and they've kept this a secret from us? This isn't good! This isn't good at all.

"I was wrong Director, the world hasn't changed a bit" Steve narrowed his blue eyes.
At that moment, Natasha walked in the lab with Thor as her side. She kept her dark green eyes on Doctor Banner the whole time, watching him as if he might explode. I felt relieved to see Thor.

Banner looked extremely pissed "Did you know about this?" He asked to the red haired widow Agent.

"You want to think about removing yourself from this environment, Doctor?" Nat asked, taking a step towards Doctor Banner.

"I was in Calcutta, I was pretty well removed" Banner assured with a hint of sass in his voice.

"Doctor Banner" I stepped forward, thinking about Loki's plan and how it involves him "It... it would be best if you... you know, left" Doctor Banner glared at me with anger "Loki" I continued "he's using you. He told me himself"

"Himself?!" Dad practically yelled. My mouth fell open for a second but I quickly closed it. Does he not know about my tiny little spy mission that I did? "You went to him?! Jessica Elizabeth Stark, what on earth were you thinking?!" He played the full name card that I hate.

"They needed me to go down to him!" I yelled back "Anyway, it doesn't matter now" I shrugged "what matters is getting Doctor Banner-"

"No" Banner shook his head "No" I looked to Dad for support but received nothing but a blank stare. Banner ignored me and went to his computer "I would like to know why SHIELD is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction"