Ch•6-Scarlet Red

"Alright Jessi, when we get out, smile big, and don't answer any of to paparazzi's questions. Just keep walking towards the Hotel's front door, okay? Keep smiling though"

"Pepper, you're killing her woman"

"I'm telling her what to do! It's extremely important that she follows my instructions"

"She's been in multiple situations like this, Jes can handle it, relax. Your hurting my brain with all the negative and bossy energy"

"Negative? Bossy?! Oh I don't think so Tony"

"La La La La Nevative energy Pepper! I'm not listening! La La La La-"

"Guys!" I loudly interrupted their argument, and pointed out the front window. Dad sat up in the passenger seat with Happy while Pepper sat beside me in the back. Their banter was bouncing back and fourth, and it was annoying the crap out of me. I kept my finger pointed to the large crowd of photographers "we're here!"

A squad of motorcycles surrounded our car, making sure that we were completely secure. The large, fancy and expensive Hotel de Paris sat right in front of us. People stood in the sidewalk, cheering for Dad as the car pulled up. I looked out the tinted window, ready to make a B-line for the front door.

Dad was the first to step out of the car and soaked up the applause. Happy opened the door for Pepper and I, he helped me out and took my luggage bag. Dad put his hand on my back and led me in to the building. Women screamed his name, Men hollered for his attention.

"Havin' fun kid?" Dad asked over all the noise.

"If you say so..." I replied.
We all entered the Hotel, right in to the bar area. Tons of people sat around in the restaurant. They glanced at us while chatting with their friends. I felt very visible in my Scarlett red dress. Attention is, and never has been my thing.

No matter how long I live with the world famous Tony Stark, I will still always feel like that little kid that nobody knew existed, not even Dad.

"Mr. Stark" Ms. Natalie Rushman greeted us. She appeared in the crowd of fans that were gathering next to us in the restaurant "how was your flight?"

"Boy I'm glad to see you" Dad said as a waiter offered Pepper and him a drink.

"I have one photographer" Natalie looked back to the man. I stepped away from Dad and Pepper so the camera wouldn't get me in the shot. I looked around at the 5 star place, feeling like a fish out of water. Everyone here seemed so wealthy and snobby. They looked all botoxed up. I scanned the walls, admiring all the framed photographs that hung.

"Miss. Stark" Natalie called "this way"
Dad and Pepper were already heading towards the back of the restaurant. I hurried after them, not wanting to be left behind in this zoo.
I pushed my way though the tall adults to the table. Everyone of them shot me an annoyed look. Like 'why is this kid here'?

I'm still trying to figure that out myself. By the time I reached the table, Dad and Pepper had already gone off somewhere. One of the waiters pulled a chair out for me and I smiled, sitting down. Natalie sat down in the chair beside me, bringing a glass of wine to her lips "How do you put up with that man?" She asked, certainly referring to my Father.

"It has it's ups and downs. How do you put up with him?" I repeated the question to her.

"I put on a fake smile" she smirked, adding sarcasm. I giggled, feeling every ounce of her pain.

"So..." I tapped my fingers on the table "why'd you want to be an assistant. Is that the only thing you do?"

"No" Natalie shook her head, her dark red hair falling across her shoulders "I can do a lot of things really. I like your dress" she seemed to change the subject rather quickly.