Chapter Twenty-Four "Mist and Shadows, Part II"

Peter sat in his wheelchair with a glare in his hazel-blue eyes. The news of his bitter nemesis, Norman Osborn, left a lingering effect on his psyche, evident by the pulsating throbs coursing through his cranium and the knot his stomach tightened into. The moment Twilight relayed the news of Discord's sudden visit to Princess Celestia, everypony, including the Spirit of Chaos and excluding Trixie, were teleported to the secluded, secure throne room in Canterlot thanks to Princess Luna. Now all everypony could do was wait for Princess Cadance and Shining Armor to arrive.

Peter was without his Spider-Mane costume, but it wasn't needed, considering Princess Cadance and Discord already knew his secret identity.

The only pony that didn't know was Shining Armor, and Peter did not know what his relation to Princess Cadance was. Yet, Parker could only believe he was trustworthy, for everypony he'd met who learned his secret in Equestria had proven to be thus far, but it was still unnerving that their worst enemy knew his biggest secret.

Peter rolled his eyes before stealing a glance of the chimera, who manipulated the figures in the stain glass to dance wildly at his command. Based off first impressions, Discord didn't come off as evil. It was clear he was a jerk, granted, but if anything, Peter was grateful the one bad guy to discover his secret wasn't a psychopath or murderer.

However, everypony else was not taking Discord so lightly.

Exercising caution, Princess Celestia gave Twilight, Pinkie, Fluttershy, Rainbow, Applejack, and Rarity their respective Element of Harmony on the probability that Discord might try something underhanded. Princess Luna stood by her sister's side with a venomous scowl aimed at the Spirit of Chaos. If not for Celestia's plea to practice restraint, the Moon Goddess would have struck down Discord. He had information regarding a potentially greater threat to their world.

For everypony's safety, they had to hear him out, at least long enough to see if his words were true.

Peter shifted his gaze about, glancing at each enchanted necklace his friends wore, but his brow furrowed at the different piece of jewelry Twilight kept over her head, a golden crown with a gem matching her cutie mark at the center. His eyes widened at a realization. Each element was a reflection of its wielder, from Rainbow Dash's lightning bolt to Pinkie Pie's balloons.

Under circumstances of old, the stallion would have had difficulty believing such simple pieces of jewelry held godly powers and could seal away evil for centuries, but he learned from personal experience that pessimism was ill-advised to keep in a world that thrived on magic.

'The Elements of Harmony, huh? Almost puts Mister Fantastic's Ultimate Nullifier to shame.' Peter chuckled inwardly, but his upbeat demeanor was merely a front, hiding a fear buried within. Letting out a desolate sigh, the stallion's gaze fell to the ground. 'Osborn...are you really trying to chase me down?'

His mind continued to race, filling with thoughts centered around Osborn's possible intentions. There was virtually no need for the Green Goblin to seek out Spider-Man, and even if there was some convoluted reasoning, how did he acquire the means to traverse between dimensions? Peter exhaled, hating the technology capable of performing such a feat existed in his world, as well as the geniuses who could invent them.

Whether it was the X-Men's blue furball Hank McCoy, crazy dictator/megalomaniac Victor Von Doom, or billionaire playboy Tony Stark, the fact remained that it wasn't impossible for Osborn to travel to Equestria. Even so, reality was filled with infinite universes and various dimensions. It wasn't too long ago when Spider-Man teamed up with three alternate reality versions of himself to repair time and space.