Chapter Forty-One "Rematch

Chapter Forty-One "Rematch"

Sixteen Days Remain

The Canterlot Gardens were gorgeous today, the bright sun breathing life into every flower present. Twilight laid across a marble seat with her violet irises fixed on her book, unable to suppress the wide smile on her face. Memories of last night were fresh and fluent, but the mare welcomed every second of it, wishing to relish that moment for the rest of her life. Her relationship with Peter was truly blossoming into something beautiful. Twilight's cheeks burned to a shade of pink as her mind recollected every key detail of their session.

Last night left such an impact on the alicorn that she didn't care that she overslept this morning. Normally that role was reserved for her lover, but he actually woke up early for the first time since they met. It was truly a bizarre morning, but it was well worth the sense of bliss. If not for Peter's urgent matter, the couple would have remained together in bed and talked about last night. Rather, Twilight would have loved that, but the alicorn smiled inwardly, knowing her stallion would return sooner than later. Gazing at the clear sky overhead, she silently whispered a prayer, lending her heart to Peter.

'Please, stay safe.'

"Twilight?" Cadance called out, giggling at the mare's belated response. "You've been daydreaming the entire morning. What's going on?"

"Cadance," Twilight started, shaking her head in defeat afterward.

It was no good, she decided. There was no way she could think straight at the moment. She still felt giddy from last night, but, even more than that, there was an exhilarating thrill running through her. This feeling was always there, yet it felt wider, expanded, greater than it already was. It was almost like frustration, only the sorrow and anger had been replaced with raw joy. She was in love with Peter, she reflected inwardly as a warm shudder passed through her body. It was reminiscent to the raw emotion she felt when she first confessed her feelings for Peter.

Twilight bit down on her lip. She felt like screaming as loud as she could, the sentence she had been repeating to herself. It was love, but was it right for her to feel so strongly about it, especially after last night? Twilight remembered waking up as Peter held her close, talking to her about all kinds of things and kissing her gently until she had fallen asleep again. Her brow furrowed as her lips curled into a frown. She wished she could have stayed awake, finding the time she spent with Peter precious. Twilight brought her hoof over her cheek, feeling her eyes were damp again with joyful tears.

She wiped away at her tears. Why did Peter make her feel this way, and how could she make sure it never stopped? Cadance's giggling reached her ears, prompting Twilight to hastily wipe away at her face.

"It's nothing, Cadance. I just feel... happy," Twilight conceded. Even embarrassed, the sheer giddiness wouldn't go away, and the young alicorn found herself smiling brightly. "Cadance... I am inlove," she said loudly, her eyes glittering. "I know I'm repeating myself, but I mean it. I am in love! It feels strange. Peter and I... made love last night." Her face burned. "I've never felt like this before. A part of me is so happy, yet I also feel scared. I don't want this to end. Is this normal? Am I getting ahead of myself?"

Cadance smiled warmly at her sister-in-law, placing her hoof over her shoulder. "This is perfectly natural, Twilight. Don't worry. The first time you give your body to your special somepony is always the most nerve-racking, but as long as you do so honestly, the reward is everlasting. Do you have any regrets about last night?" Cadance giggled as Twilight shook her head defiantly. "Then there's nothing to worry about. Take it one step at a time, and you two will be fine. I couldn't be happier for you, really."