Chapter Fifty-Four "Darkest Before the Dawn, Part III"

"At the end of the beaten path lies the absolute end. No matter who you are, death awaits you"

Twenty Days Remain until the portal closes...

'Why is this happening? I do not want this.'

Luna stood in the midst of a white void, her voice echoing across the vast region. Tears poured from her blue eyes, and the woman fell to her knees, sobbing as thick strands of webbing shot out and surrounded her body. She forced herself to her feet, only for the threads to lash out and capture her arms and legs. The strands tightened, and more of the webbing snaked around her frame, bounding her limbs together.

'It's your fate. You are the embodiment of darkness.'

A mirror image of Luna appeared with her arms folded, staring at her reflection trapped behind the webbing. The strands of gossamer morphed to a shade of black, and darkness soon spread out, consuming the white void. The second image of Luna scoffed, turning her back to her mirror image. Tendrils erupted from the doppelganger's body, hissing as her eyes darkened to a matching shade. She turned around, lunging the whips into Luna's chest.

'This is your chance to take what you desire. Wipe away your enemies.'

Luna's screams echoed across the realm, but she strained, attempting to pull her arms free.

'Twilight is my friend. I willnever-!'

The doppelganger bore her fangs, cackling as more of the symbiote enveloped Luna's body.

'You have no choice.Iam in control, and I will destroyeverything!'

Luna roared, a shockwave rushing out, and the princess clutched at her head, the symbiote retracting before clamping back down on her skin. Spider-Man and Twilight watched, both struggling to maintain their footing. All light left Luna's eyes, her pupils turning as black as a crow flying through cool midnight air. Venom's wings spread, and she sped across the rooftop, closing the gap between herself and Twilight instantaneously. The younger princess couldn't react as Venom slammed her palm into her sternum, sending the girl flying into a stone wall. Her back cracked the rock, and Twilight limply fell to the ground, coughing out a small amount of blood.

Spider-Man's eyes shot open as Venom materialized in front of his position, throwing a wide kick, but Peter managed to duck underneath the attack, although he was unable to dodge the woman's fist that swiftly followed. The blow sent Spider-Man skyward, but Venom captured his leg, slamming Peter into the ground multiple times until it gave away and cracked. Twilight forced herself back to a standing position, gasping at the sight across from her. Once the princess extended her hands, Venom furrowed her brow, spun around, and launched Spider-Man in her direction.

Twilight's magic enveloped Peter's body, managing to slow him to a halt before he could collide with her frame, but Luna materialized behind the young girl, driving her elbow into her back. Twilight recoiled, yelping as a searing pain rushed through her spine, but Venom vanished before appearing in a flash of light, punching her foe across the face. Twilight limply fell to the ground, her violet eyes glazed over. Venom's hand glowed with magical energy before she slammed her foot into the ground and readied to smite the prone princess, but Spider-Man soared through the air, his foot smashing into the side of Venom's face.

Their momentum carried their bodies over the edge of the rooftop, and Spider-Man shot several strands of webbing out onto the surrounding buildings, managing to slingshot himself into Venom. They smashed through a wall of glass, and Peter pinned Venom's shoulders to the ground before flipping with his added momentum to his feet and launching the woman through another wall, leaving her to spiral through the air until she smashed an air conditioner unit. Spider-Man landed a few feet away, lowering his body into a defensive position as Luna made her way back to her feet. Twilight materialized next to the young man, her hand held over her swollen mouth.