Chapter Fifty-Three "Darkest Before the Dawn, Part II"

Twenty Days Remain until the portal closes...

Two Hours Remain...

Rhino surged ahead of the group and Spike rushed to meet him in a head-on collision. They slammed together, but Rhino had more than enough momentum and leverage to send Spike crashing through a stone wall. Both titans fell into the street, forcing their way back to a standing position. Rhino lifted a car high over its head and slammed it over Spike's body numerous times, continuing until the vehicle was reduced to a crumbled heap. Dazed, the dragon couldn't react as the machine ripped a streetlight from the ground and swung it into his face, sending Spike hurtling across the road and into a truck.

Luna had gained altitude while Peter had been talking in preparation for the coming fight. When Electro shot towards the woman, Luna raised her hand and fired a magical beam at the blue being. Electro's body released a wave of electricity, canceling out the incoming attack, and he quickly flew through the opening Rhino made, forcing Luna to pursue. The princess spun at the last second to avoid a bolt of electricity before landing on her feet. The electricity around Electro's body spread out, causing several lights to explode around him. Luna frowned, folding her arms before levitating into the air. Electric bolts pierced through the sky, but a shield formed around the woman's body, deflecting each attack.

"You are living energy, are you not?" Luna calmly asked, holding her hand out. Electro froze, his eyes widening before his body dissipated. The electrical currents spiraled into an orb, hovering over the palm of Luna's hand. Electro's eyes appeared as the ball of energy glowed, and Luna gritted her teeth, the color in her eyes fading behind a bright light. "You are a fool. I shall banish you into the deep reaches of space!BEGONE!" Spinning around, the princess flung the orb into the sky. Moving at an incredible velocity, it rocketed through the clouds and sped through the atmosphere, disappearing far beyond what the eye could see. Luna scoffed. "You will never hurt Peter as long as I draw breath. Be certain of that."

Luna's eyebrows shot up as she disappeared in a flash of light. Rhino was too intent on trying to smash Spike's skull in to realize that Luna had suddenly appeared behind him. The raised fists that were trying to crush Spike's skull were quickly enveloped in Luna's magic, trapping Rhino. Spike's world had stopped spinning so he rose to his feet, snarling before unleashing a wave of emerald flames. The fire melted through Rhino's armor, but the machine continued to fight, stomping ahead. Spike slammed his claws into its head, and Luna followed, piercing the machine's chestplate with a magical bolt of energy. Rhino collapsed in a pile of twitching metal.

Kraven, with two machetes in hand, sprinted forward before flipping over Wolverine's head. Upon landing, the man slashed, but Logan used his claws to parry the blades. Kraven followed with a thrust, forcing the X-Man to catch the machete between the claws of his free hand. The hunter delivered a kick into Logan's abdomen, knocking the mutant back. Kraven sheathed one of his blades and reached into his pouch, tossing a ball at his opponent.

The orb expanded, taking the form of a steel net, but Wolverine sliced through the trap before it could even hope to ensnare him. Kraven closed the distance in a flash with a wide slash, but Logan stepped back, narrowly avoiding the blade as it sliced into his cheek. Blood dripped from his face and fell onto the floor, but the wound mended itself, healing as if nothing had occurred.

Kraven smirked, licking the blood from his blade. "I have been dreaming of this opportunity. To hunt the legendary Wolverine!"

"Yeah? Well, keep dreaming!" Logan snarled, retracting his claws before slamming the back of his hand against Kraven's forehead. Wolverine reached out and snatched the hunter by the collar before headbutting the bridge of the man's nose. Kraven staggered, unable to react as Wolverine finished his attack with a straight punch. Dropping to his knees, the hunter fell on his back, and Logan stood over his unconscious frame, cracking his knuckles. "I'm the best there is at what I do."