Chapter Fifty-One "Fallen Knight, Part II"

Within the halls of Canterlot Castle, a bright flash of light erupted in the hallway just a few hoof-lengths from Princess Celestia. The light slowly dissipated, revealing the presence of Luna. Both alicorns were quick to greet each other with a smile, but their steely gazes fell on the unicorn standing by the princess of the moon's side. With irons clapped around hooves, neck, and horn, the young mare kept her sky blue eyes fixed on the ground, refusing to meet the gaze of her former teacher. Shimmer simply nodded, walking forward while dragging her chains, and Celestia followed, maintaining her silence despite the flurry of emotions she struggled to suppress.

Luna prepared to do the same, but she felt a sharp twinge of pain inside of her chest, as if her heart was wrought with agony. The mare's eyes shot open as her muscles locked against her will and images flashed across her mind, most of which she was too disoriented to make out. Luna recognized the warm sensation that filled her being, for it was something that only occurred whenever a certain somepony was on her mind. Peter's image dissolved, and Luna brought her hoof over her chest in an attempt to soothe her pain. The pain eventually subsided, allowing the princess to level her breathing. Celestia stopped in her tracks and shot Luna an arched brow, her sister's behavior easy to notice.

"Luna? What is the matter?" Celestia asked once she was within whispering distance of her younger sister.

The princess of the moon glanced off to the side and furrowed her brow, recoiling as the pain in her chest resurfaced. "I do not understand. Why does my heart ache for Peter?" The alicorn shared a glance with Celestia. "I left him in the safety of his bed. Peter should not be in any form of danger."

Celestia was slow to respond, as if considering Luna's words, but she eventually nodded, lowering her head until her mouth was inches from her sister's perked ear. "After we conduct Sunset Shimmer's trial, there is something we need to discuss." She pulled away, earning a befuddled expression from the smaller alicorn. "I believe it is time you learned the truth behind your body's recent sensations."

"Hey, you! Halt!"

Celestia and Luna stopped in their tracks at a guard's voice. Both alicorns turned towards the disturbance, finding an aquamarine-coated unicorn stumbling into the room. Before she could make it much further, a pair of knights tackled her to the ground, knocking a book from her magical grasp. The unicorn struggled, unable to free herself from her powerful opponents.

Celestia was the first to step forward. "What is the meaning of this? Please. Let her up." The armored stallions did as they were told, backing away from the unicorn. She rubbed her hoof over her cranium before forcing herself to a standing position. Suddenly, her yellow irises shot open at the sight of the snow-white alicorn towering over her diminutive frame. Despite the intrusion, Celestia greeted the pony with a smile. "Well, you certainly know how to make an entrance. What can I do for you?"

Luna frowned, glaring at her sister. "Breaking into the castle? We should have this onecourt-martialed."

One of the knights cleared his throat, shaking his head. "Not quite, Your Highness. This one came with a group of visitors. Princess Twilight's and Prince Parker's friend, Trixie Lulamoon, arrived with this group. We led them to join the wielders of the Elements of Harmony, but this one snuck past us and ran in here!"

Luna's brow furrowed, her gaze growing more exasperated. "Wait. Aren't you that eccentric pony who interrupted the race in Manehattan a few weeks ago?" Exhaling, the alicorn turned sharply on her hoof and walked past her sister. "I do not have time for this. I shall return to Earth immediately. I am concerned about Peter."