Chapter Forty-Three "Homecoming, Part I

Chapter Forty-Three "Homecoming, Part I"

Fifteen Days Remain (Equestria) - Thirty-Two Days Remain (Earth)

Twilight fluttered her eyes open, only to immediately slam them shut. The young mare groaned, pulsating throbs coursing through her cranium making it difficult to process thought. The bottom of her stomach tightened, but Twilight fought back the contents that threatened to rise out of her mouth. The events of the previous night played back throughout her mind, adding to the migraine the mare already bore.

Twilight whimpered. 'Now those three glasses of vodka seem like a horrible idea.'

Peter had warned her of the side effects of a hangover: a headache, sensitivity to light, and the urge to throw up badly. Twilight whimpered as she felt all three of the symptoms simultaneously. Even with her eyes closed, the light violated her eyelids, forcing Twilight to use her hoof as a makeshift shield against its brightness. However, her eyes shot open at a horrid realization. She held her 'hoof' inches from her face, stammering wildly at its bizarre appearance. Five digits stuck out, each bending and fidgeting in reaction to her thoughts.

Twilight snatched her other hoof from under the bedsheets and raised it next to her morphed body part, but the mare quickly discovered it shared the same effects, bearing the five new digits. Her mind raced out of control, struggling to take in the facts, but Twilight's concentration crumbled as she discovered her hooves weren't the only parts of her body that underwent a transformation. The color of her fur was different, no longer violet but a shade of chocolate brown.

Twilight furrowed her brow before running the base of her morphed hoof over her arm. She forced herself to stifle an unhinged giggle, finding her body smooth, soft, and sensitive. A high-pitched yelp escaped from the mare; She was furless now, too! In her panic, Twilight clumsily tossed her bedsheets to the side, exposing her body, and much to her dismay, the oddities had consumed her fully. Her lower hooves each had five weird-looking toes, like Spike had, but without the scales or claws.

All of her fur was gone, save for a rather large pair of black, silk pajamas. Though she was anything but, she felt naked in a sense, and wondered /who/ could have put them on her. It certainly made up for her lack of fur, but Twilight's 'hooves' traveled over her head at the fear her mane was gone as well. Fortunately, as the mare slid her digits through her hair and clutched at its strands, she sighed, appreciative for being granted the mercy of having at least one part of her body remain the same, with it reaching her lower shoulders. Yet, something was amiss.

Twilight brushed her mane back several times, each swipe growing more frantic, but at the lack of discovering a protrusion, the princess felt her heart stop. Her horn was missing, too! Perspiration formed on her forehead. What in Equestria could have caused so many deformities to surface at once? Perhaps the vodka had altered her mind more than she thought. Twilight's gaze fell, landing on the two small lumps that rose over her chest under her shirt. This was too much to take in at once. This was a mutation of sorts. She had things growing out of her chest and hooves.

Her fur was gone. Her horn was missing, and considering she didn't feel anything on her back, it was safe to assume her wings and tail had disappeared as well. This wasn't a hallucination; It was anightmare.

Twilight attempted to stand from her position, but she confused the muscles in her limbs and tumbled over the edge of the bed, landing on the back of her skull. Were she not buried so deep in her building hysteria, Twilight might have feltsomepain. She forced herself to stand, only to fall flat on her face. Her body's sense of balance was horribly disrupted, making walking a tough task in itself. Twilight bit down on her lip. This was the final straw. With so much happening at once, there was only one rational course of action the young girl could take.