Chapter Fifty-Eight "Endgame, Part II of IV"

Somewhere, in the Blue Area of the Moon, Uatu stood before nothing in particular and watched the events unfold on Earth-672. The Watcher's duty was to observe and nothing else, but it was becoming increasingly difficult to stand by as the strands of reality unraveled. If Norman Osborn was not to be stopped on this day, the damage to that reality would spread and infect the universe closest to its region: that of Earth-616. That would spell the end for everything, not just of Earth and Equestria but everything that ever lived and will live. Uatu frowned, opening his eyes as an image of this universe's Peter Parker, Twilight Sparkle, Princess Luna, Sunset Shimmer, Spike, Black Cat, and Wolverine took form.

The greatest hero in history was ready to face the greatest monster. It was a duel of fates, one that Peter couldn't face alone. Uatu turned his attention to Twilight Sparkle. Her importance was equally as significant as Peter's. Together, Spider-Man and Twilight Sparkle were truly a force to be reckoned with. They were both so young, and there was so much they were meant to accomplish. Uatu only hoped that they would succeed on this day, not just for the sake of all, but for their own child as well. Everything rested on the shoulders of the Web of Life, its center, and its guardian.

"Spider-Man, Twilight Sparkle, and Princess Luna. The universe needs you."

Shining Armor trotted through the courtyard, occasionally stealing glances at the unfolding action in the projections above. The stallion's ear twitched with each hushed voice spoken by those around him, whispers about the alien living among them and if he was truly trustworthy. Some were even blaming Peter for what was transpiring at the moment. Shining let out a low sigh, biting his lip as an unsettling irritation dwelled within his mind. Everypony was acting out of fear. At times of crisis, the masses feel the need to place the blame on those at the center of the disturbance without thinking rationally.

In this case, most were ignoring the initial good Peter had done, but Shining knew he had no right to judge anypony, considering how he had acted no differently when he first met the outworlder. The stallion chuckled. He was paranoid that his sister hadn't taken the entire situation into consideration, but that was far from the contrary, with Twilight defending Peter with all of her heart every chance she got. If everypony would just open up their hearts like Twilight and her friends did, they would learn that Peter was just as normal as any Equestrian. Sadly, not all ponies were like Twily and her friends.

Shining stopped in his tracks once his father came into his line of sight, but the stallion pressed on, standing by Night Light's side at the end of the courtyard.

"Hey, Dad." Shining softly greeted, earning an empty smile from his father. "Mom told me you would be around here somewhere."

Night Light sighed. "I figured as much." The stallion shifted his gaze skywards, furrowing his brow at the image of Spider-Mane's bipedal form. "Shining. Did you know the truth about Peter this entire time?"

Shining smiled. "Mostly, and I took it about as well as you are right now." Night Light's eyes widened while his son shrugged. "I was worried my little sister was in way over her head dating somepony from another planet. I was shocked to find that Princess Celestia and Princess Luna were both quite comfortable with the situation. Heck, even Cadance knew from the start, and she actually pushed Twilight to express her feelings. You can imagine how much that bothered me for a while. My thick-headed sister refused to listen to me, and my overly-optimistic wife was too excited to rationalize with." Shining scratched the back of his ear. "Honestly, I think Cadance was just happy seeing Twilight acting on her emotions."

"How did you cope with it?" Night Light questioned, his voice wavering with uncertainty.

Shining smirked, huffing under his breath. "I managed to cope when I saw how happy Twilight was and how much she had grown. She's not only using her head, but she's listening to her heart. Quite often too. It's easy to see that Peter is balancing her out, and she's doing the same for him." Night Light arched a brow, prompting Shining to clear his throat. His blue eyes softened, matched only by his somber smile. "Peter's not a bad pony. He's pretty cool. You and I both know this, Dad. After everything is said and done, the road ahead is going to be rough for Twilight and Peter. We should turn our fear into determination and support them. Twilight's friends will be right there for them." Shining nudged his father, offering him his hoof. "I think it's only right that her family supports her too."